hettinger_rl

Minnesota Timberwolves Logo *New Tweaks* 1/5/18

I like the new wolf..... but the way the white around the eyes looks at the bottom doesn't fit well with me. Those blue triangles that sit on his face look out of place to me.

On 2/10/2016 at 3:23 PM, hettinger_rl said:

I came back to the front facing wolf and found a few things to correct. I think it would work well in the set now.

evclt1.jpg

I think everything is perfect except this logo. It just doesn't feel right.

I think you should use the retro logo without the ball for the secondary wolf instead of the straight-on wolf you created.

wwwolve.gif.e6c626f7507c3f00dba7aa62ccda

With the recent news about a "Dark Blue" being used in the new brand I've updated my concepts to reflect that:

Primary:

NewWolves3.pngNewWolves2.pngNewWolves1.pngNewWolves5.pngNewWolves4.png

Secondary:

New Wolves.pngNew Wolves1.pngNew Wolves2.pngNew Wolves3.pngNew Wolves4.pngNew Wolves5.png

The wolves also announced their own D-League team, I feel like they should be called the Muskies or Water Wolves:

NBDLMuskies.png

I really like the shade of blue here -- it works well as their primary color, and creates a nice contrast with the green. I like the inclusion of silver more than I thought I would, though I think dark blue and white should be the prevalent colors with green and silver used very sparingly. Great work!

That's beautiful. Exactly what I would like to see w/dark blue. Good update on the alternate. Although I would drop the green basketball logos since it loses the moon-effect. 

EDIT: I like the logo below for an alternate, but not for a primary. The wolf and basketball is more appealing and symbolic. 

Edited by ~Bear
New logo below

Here is an update based on what has been revealed. I feel like this could've been an easier way to get where they did and include the trees.

58fe18eb5e26b_NBAWolves2(1).png.7d6752c808058ca1a91c6643139fc47c.png

On 4/24/2017 at 10:25 AM, hettinger_rl said:

Here is an update based on what has been revealed. I feel like this could've been an easier way to get where they did and include the trees.

58fe18eb5e26b_NBAWolves2(1).png.7d6752c808058ca1a91c6643139fc47c.png

The more I've seen their new logo and this concept I've realized I just don't care for the double blue/grey/green color scheme. I also still feel like they should look to the original wolf for inspiration. Along these lines I've created a tweak in my design (took the tree in front of the wolf out), but can't decide on the color combo.

Classic Colors:

2q03h28.jpg                            HTS-NBA-MIT-P1989-01.jpg

Dark Blue:                                                                                                                                                 To Compare:

289fo7p.jpg                                                        JNlCNX7GhnPpHTD42c94p440OvJFRpC1-58LfkAK

Meet in the Middle:

33mr7kj.jpg

Images 1, 3, and 5.

On 1/7/2018 at 2:23 AM, Shadojoker said:

Some of the pics from your last post aren't showing @hettinger_rl

14 minutes ago, Whittier S said:

Images 1, 3, and 5.

Should be visible now.