State/Team Pride Design - UPDATED

Renazance4

Newbie here. I've been wanting to do a state and team pride series in a minimalist approach. I've started off with the Pittsburgh Steelers. I did it w paint so excuse the pixelating. C and C welcomed. 

image.jpeg

Here's my latest: NY Yankees

image.png

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

JosiahWVU, here are a few more Pittsburgh ones. I did the Pirates one based on their pillbox style caps. The other design is a general Pittsburgh for all 3 of the city's teams. 

I'll have to work on the WVU one later on. That one might take me a while. 

image.png

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. All this is is recoloring state for their teams colors? You've executed that well, but are we going to see wallpapers or jersey concepts? I know some college teams (WVU) use state logos on their helmets. Why not try creating something like a UVA vs VA Tech "state pride" uniform match up? I just don't see the concept behind this.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, NDFreek said:

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. All this is is recoloring state for their teams colors? You've executed that well, but are we going to see wallpapers or jersey concepts? I know some college teams (WVU) use state logos on their helmets. Why not try creating something like a UVA vs VA Tech "state pride" uniform match up? I just don't see the concept behind this.

Negative Nancy for the win!

5 hours ago, NDFreek said:

My concept is to incorporate uniform design elements into the state outline. I know there are many teams out there that already have their state in team colors and that's not what I'm focusing on. I'm also not going to focus on uniform concepts. I'll eventually try my hand at wallpapers but I gotta fine tune my photoshop/illustrator skills. 

Archived