Candian Football Association a part of the Major League Football Universe- Vancouver Crusaders & Winnipeg Wolves added

hugevolsfan

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember the San Antonio Riders of the WLAF. Well this is how they shoulve looked instead they had purdue gold pants yellow face mask orange stripings,what a mess that was lol. Love the throwback too!

Good work on the league as a whole

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

17 hours ago, hugevolsfan said:

That's a wrap on this one I hope to start my Spring League in the coming week(s)... Let me know what you think....

So far so good. Montreal could very well be an amalgam of the Rams, WLAF Monarchs and your Cincinnati Kings.

As for your spring league, will Europe be included, or just be confined to North America? Excited to see it either way.

• 1 year later...

I have a new template for my leagues I have been wanting share for a while but just have not found the time to put it out there. I will go ahead & get you up to date on whats happening in the league right now as well.

ATLANTIC MARINERS
Founded 2016
Based In Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Home Field JB Burns Field
Head Coach Jim Matthews
General Manager Jim Matthews
Owner(s) John Burns & JC Robertson
Colours Silver, Mariner Blue, Nautical Blue, & White
Canada's Cup

None

2017 Season: QB Reggie Blackwell had a career year throwing for 5,297 yards 36 TD's & only 12 Ints leading the team to a 9-9 second place finish in the Eastern Football Conference. RB Will Powers had an outstanding year as well with 1,123 yards on the ground & 797 yards receiving with 15 total TD's. Greg Gore got most improved offensive player of the year with 89 catches for 1,256 yards & 11 TD's. Defensive Lineman Stephen Amhurst led the defensive unit especially in the playoffs when the unit paved the way for the Cup appearance.

Offseason: The offseason has been quiet for the Mariners except for the notable addition of former Ottawa head coach Glen Hall to the staff as Assistant Head Coach.

7f9gtmb.png

HSMOEPp.png

FwM0zZ4.png

szhaq4e.png

CALGARY COWBOYS
Founded 1939
Based In Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Home Field McMahon Stadium
Head Coach Dave Kemp
General Manager Don Kemp
Owner(s) CSG (Calgary Sports Group)
Colours Calgary Red & White
Canada's Cup 10

2017 Season: Don Kemp left out a champion as he retired from coaching but remains the General Manager after the Cowboys Cup win going 12-5-1 for the second best record in the league. QB Erik LaFon in his first year as a starter impressed by having 4,501 22 TD's & 7 INT's. Former Hamilton Huskies RB Anthony Bell solidified the offense. The defense was great with the pickup of Jabari Bowman who was named the Most Outstanding Defensive Player of the year.

Offseason: Dave Kemp became head coach & will remain the offensive coordinator. QB coach Bo Morrison will have more duties as he was named passing game coordinator. They also cemented their defense with the pickup of Montreal Monarchs DB Deon Lawrence.

9umAXYw.png

kvrILt9.png

nRhIhlb.png

12 hours ago, RightGuard said:

What team replaced the Toronto Rhinos in the MLF?

There was a lot of drama on this one! A city came in from no where to get this one after it looked like a lock for Las Vegas. I am updating the MLF to the new template when I do I will post & you will see the new city.

EDMONTON OUTLAWS
Founded 1945
Based In Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Home Field The Brick Field At Commonwealth Stadium
Head Coach Tom O'Donnell
General Manager John Hunter
Owner(s) Edmonton Outlaws Football Club (Community Shared Owned)
Colours Outlaw Orange, Black, & White
Canada's Cup 10

2017 Season: The season was a roller coaster ride with losing 5 straight then winning 4 straight to close the season at 10-8. The upset of Regina in the playoffs just continued it. This team has been consistent with no real changes to the core players. Dave Peterson again had a strong season with 4,824 yards with 19 TD's & 11 Int's. The big surprise of was WR Mike Morin catching 115 balls for 1,233 yards & 8 TD's. The defense once again was strong led by DE Byron Barnette's 12 sacks.

Offseason: No real big offseason moves.

1jDfSVo.png

yayh8qa.png

XlT6yE8.png

XqqWVoI.png

HAMILTON HUSKIES
Founded 1948
Based In Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Home Field Tim Hortons Field
Head Coach Adam Ferrari
General Manager Dave Huff
Owner(s) Bob Weston
Colours

Green & Yellow

Canada's Cup

2017 Season: After losing in the 2016 Cup Final 30-33 to Regina the Huskies felt like they would walk away champions especially after having the best record in the league at 13-5. QB Kerry Allen had another outstanding season with 33 TD's & was named the Most Outstanding Player but threw three interceptions in the East Final loss to Atlantic 28-36. The were able to overcome the loss of Anthony Bell with the pick up of Jerome Scott but he was not available in the playoffs with a ACL injury in the second to last game. WR Cory Smith did solidify himself as one of the best at his position with 85 catches for 1322 yards & 9 TD's. The defense was a solid group let by All-CFA Paul Trembley.

Offseason: Jay D'Orazio was brought in as offensive coordinator when Chris Stephenson left for Vancouver. There has been some talk of a trade of Kerry Allen because they are unsure if they can resign him.

50PTi8w.png

zsTVNvr.png

qGmpmgS.png

6Mz02i4.png

8 hours ago, hugevolsfan said:

There was a lot of drama on this one! A city came in from no where to get this one after it looked like a lock for Las Vegas. I am updating the MLF to the new template when I do I will post & you will see the new city.

Which city got the former Toronto Rhinos franchise: Virginia; Hartford, CT; Buffalo, NY; Louisville, KY; or somewhere else?

YOZXkBG.png?1

MONTREAL MONARCHS
Founded 1957
Based In Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Home Field Memorial Stadium
Head Coach Kit Cameron
General Manager Andre Julian
Owner(s) Jim Bergman
Colours Montreal Blue & Gold
Canada's Cup 5

2017 Season: The Monarchs have been the worst team in the league for 5 years with the past year being the best of all but they still only went 6-12. Marquel Kenner  had is best year at QB after coming over from Calgary. DE Adrian WIllis is still the most effective player on the team.

Offseason: The offseason has had a lot of changes with Bergman firing GM Kyle Young & hiring Andre Julian. Julian then went and hired former Vancouver head coach & current Regina offensive coordinator Kit Cameron to lead the franchise back to respectability. Julian then traded for back up QB Deontey Bishop from Ottawa. Cameron hired two first time coordinators in former QB Tony Barrett for offense and Ronald Embree for defense.

lCmAZgo.png

sBTon8e.png

zb37fjO.png

OTTAWA CAPITALS
Founded 1891
Based In Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Home Field TD Place
Head Coach Matt Dutton
General Manager Stan Bruno
Owner(s) Robert Harvey
Colours Black, Red , & White
Canada's Cup 5

2017 Season: After hiring Matt Dutton to be head coach things were expected to go up but a 9-9 season followed. They did make the playoffs but QB Danny Graziano struggled down the stretch throwing 18 total interceptions with only 17 total TD's. RB Andre Moore is still the go to player on this team he had 12 total TD's. The defense was a force all season long with DE Demetris Jefferson & LB Adam Munoz doing it all. 

Offseason: The defense is expected to be even better this year with Cam Spencer coming over from Toronto to run the defense. However they will have to replace DB Quentin Phillips who signed with Montreal.

PyQh9Zf.png

vQA8TMP.png

VK5ycTT.png

REGINA RAIDERS
Founded 1903
Based In Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Home Field Mosiac Stadium At Taylor Field
Head Coach Michael Jones
General Manager David Kilmer
Owner(s) Regina Raiders Football Club (Community Shared Owned)
Colours Silver, Green, & White
Canada's Cup 5

2017 Season: The 2016 Canada's Cup victors turned in another solid season at 12-6 but lost in the first round of the playoffs. QB Leon Joseph was not the problem has he had another solid season with 4,525 yards 21 TD's and 9 Int's. RB JJ Koons coming over from Calgary really filled the spot vacated by Jerome Scott's departure. WR Terrance Watt was out for the season and they really missed his big play ability. The defense was still solid led by All-Pro DL Darius Adams.

Offseason: No major changes.

tRyqUYl.png

g7rmCJK.png

pS7zE5v.png

UkJKEUZ.png

TORONTO TOROS
Founded 1882
Based In Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Home Field BMO Field
Head Coach Marcellus Reed
General Manager Ray Armstrong
Owner(s) Northtel Communications & Ray Armstrong(minority owner)
Colours Toronto Blue, Gray, & White
Canada's Cup 11

2017 Season: The Toros missed the playoffs by one game going 8-9-1 but did beat tie the eventual champions Calgary. QB Donald Graves had another season where he missed several games due to injury. The 40 year old is contemplating retirement. RB Travon Sutton had a nice year with 1,569 all purpose yards and 11 total TD's. The defense was really good & kept them in some games with Solomon Mitchell in the running for MOP on defense. 

Offseason: Former Vancouver head coach Ron Patrick was brought in to run the offense with former Hamilton head coach Tim Kelly as the defensive coordinator. Armstrong brought in QB Cory Finnerty as a replacement for Graves if he retires. Finnerty has had success in the MLF Spring League with the Orlando Suns before coming on board last year with Atlantic. 

AbKCR2W.png

gV8eoke.png

KOUNS6d.png

Archived