American Flashball Association: Week 3 Scores/Standings

H11K

AMERICAN FLASHBALL ASSOCIATION

Back in January I started the AFA, and i didn't have the time to finish the league. Well, I am bringing the league back to life and 

want to make an interactive league with you guys. There will be 15 team spots available to join, I will own one team as well. Whoever joins will create their team unis and logos

but there will be no rosters, just team sim, in which I will control all simulations. The rules top the league will be posted below! I hope you guys want to Join!

RULES:

Spoiler

INTRO: Played as a fun game after spring football practices, Flashball is something all players are looking forward to every day between the months of February to May. It is a cross between touch football and ultimate Frisbee but is packed with non-stop action, and competitive arguing throughout the game between games with the team. I wanted to bring Flashball into the concept world on the boards because I really love playing the game and like the challenging idea of creating a conceptual league for it.

RULES/GUIDELINES: A 6 player game, it is played on a 40 yard field (goal line to goal line) in length and 25 yard width. The Touchdowns are 5 yards in length, so half the size of a normal end zone. The are two, ten minute halve with a non-stop play clock. There are 2 Refs, each patrolling a sideline. The scoring system is as follows, 2 points for a TD and 1 point for the conversion from the 5-yard line and 2 for the conversion from the 10. Each team gets 4 total downs to try and score a TD. There are also no handoffs, only passes. A player is declared down when a defender tags the opposing player with 2 hands (refs also watch for that). The only penalties in the game are a 5 yard penalty for offside/false starts, and 10 yards for pass interference.

SEASON PLAY: Once all logos are completed for the 8 team league, 4 team conferences, 2 divisions. The Athletic and Future Conferences will be the two conferences (names are set). Yes this will be a seasonal concept founded in 2016. The season is 20 games long, with 2 teams from each conference making their respective playoffs. The uniforms will be created on RaySox's soccer template, Im still undecided if there should be sponsors or not. The league is sponsored by Nike and Team owners will be required to make uniforms on Raysox, Soccer template. Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3gpv4rd4ejgc29d/Soccer+Template.psd

League Logos: 

Spoiler

The Confernces are the: Future, and Athletic conferences. 

AFA New.png

AC.png

FC.png

Logos.png

Spoiler

Uniform Template JPEG (for those who need this version):

Soccer Template.jpg

Post on here, or PM me if you are interested in joining!

Future Conference:

1. Texas Stars  

2. Sacramento Stags

3. Thunder Mountain Warriors

4. San Antonio Defenders

Athletic Conference:

1. Colorado 303

2. Florida Flamingos

3. Maryland Oaks

4. Chicago Eagles

LEAGUE SCHEDULE (First Ten Weeks):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cz9jD2n-W31tbpfCUUWsAGFk117N2Bu05pO5-6Bxb-Q/edit#gid=0

Scoring System (First Season Trial):

Using two dice:

First roll- Amount of TDs Scored (2 Points for Each TD)

Then, for every TD scored there will be a conversion roll:

For each Conversion Roll:

1,3 = 1 Pt (Success)

2,4 = 2 Pt (Success)

5,6 = 0 Pt (fail)

a2BRS8U.png

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, C-Reezy1000 said:

Im interested

3 hours ago, EJaws said:

I'm down for this

3 hours ago, ZionEagle said:

I'm interested in joining, however, is there any way someone could post the uniform template as a png or jpeg image for me?

Awesome! And yeah I can post the uniform for you as a jpeg

a2BRS8U.png

4 minutes ago, H11K said:

Awesome! And yeah I can post the uniform for you as a jpeg

Thanks! And for the logos, I'm planning to make mine soon, but should I go for a identity that looks like a soccer or a football logo? Like are the logos supposed to look more like a crest or a mascot mark.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

Just now, ZionEagle said:

Thanks! And for the logos, I'm planning to make mine soon, but should I go for a identity that looks like a soccer or a football logo? Like are the logos supposed to look more like a crest or a mascot mark.

Logos, can be soccer or football inspired. Doesn't matter to me. I think a crest and or a mascot/word mark identity will work great, You'll probably want a word mark at the least cause as  of now there aren't sponsors on the jersey.

a2BRS8U.png

1 minute ago, H11K said:

Logos, can be soccer or football inspired. Doesn't matter to me. I think a crest and or a mascot/word mark identity will work great, You'll probably want a word mark at the least cause as  of now there aren't sponsors on the jersey.

Great. I'm not so good with wordmarks, but that's alright :D

Kind of sounds like the uniform would look like a soccer/baseball mix if the wordmark is on the jersey.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

6 minutes ago, ZionEagle said:

Great. I'm not so good with wordmarks, but that's alright :D

Kind of sounds like the uniform would look like a soccer/baseball mix if the wordmark is on the jersey.

Sort of yeah, If you want check out my original thread that I started last January, gives a basic Idea on what I had in mind.

a2BRS8U.png

7 hours ago, theep3 said:

I might be interested, but I don't really have any experience with designing jerseys with software.

If you need help with jerseys, I could either give you some pointers or do it for you if you're interested :)

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

I am proud to unveil my team, the Sacramento Stags! This team is a part of the future conference. 

After some deliberation, the people of Sacramento decided that they wanted to host a flashball team, and the name Stags was chosen in a poll.

Apologies for the following image dump, I might have gotten carried away :P 

gRlbBbg.png

becTGvv.png

5YtP6CX.png

Xf9TyQF.png

nznhDDq.png

pFgMCmz.png

SzQiT09.png

FMLf8Qq.png

2xtpehV.png

Jerseys soon to come.

#GoSacramento

#OhDeerStagsAreHere

Feedback appreciated and I encourage everyone to join!

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

43 minutes ago, ZionEagle said:

I am proud to unveil my team, the Sacramento Stags! This team is a part of the future conference. 

After some deliberation, the people of Sacramento decided that they wanted to host a flashball team, and the name Stags was chosen in a poll.

Apologies for the following image dump, I might have gotten carried away :P 

gRlbBbg.png

becTGvv.png

5YtP6CX.png

Xf9TyQF.png

nznhDDq.png

pFgMCmz.png

SzQiT09.png

FMLf8Qq.png

2xtpehV.png

Jerseys soon to come.

#GoSacramento

#OhDeerStagsAreHere

Feedback appreciated and I encourage everyone to join!

Incredible design my man

a2BRS8U.png

1 hour ago, H11K said:

I can digitalize them for you! Just shoot me a PM

My team is the Colorado 303 named after the area code of Colorado.

Primary:

Colorado303Primary.jpg

Notes:I used different blue because the dark blue was dying. I would like the blue to be navy.

Secondary:

Colorado303Wordmark.jpg

Notes: I left it blank because I want a white, blue, red, and yellow version. The white version is outlined with blue. Also I want it just straight not tilted like in the picture.

Thanks for your help! It is greatly appreciated!

I'm going to update this thread with some jerseys :D 

Home:

pYfauQE.png

Away:

cDZV1l7.png

What do you guys think? Should I add a double outline to the home jersey's numbers? I didn't do an alt yet because I wasn't sure if we were supposed to.

Hopefully this will encourage others to join.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

Archived