Super Bowl LII Logo Concept

logoroy

Well another Super Bowl is just about behind us, which means it's time to start looking ahead to next year's big game in Minneapolis.  Unfortunately the NFL is continuing with their standardized design of the Super Bowl logo, so here is my concept for Super Bowl LII.  I had originally posted this in the Super Bowl Shuffle Competition on these boards last year, but I have since modified some aspects of it.  I altered the roman numeral style slightly, and gave the roman numerals more definition; I also altered the river flowing into lake concept at the bottom of the logo.  Let me know what you guys think, and I always appreciate the feedback!

VIJoQvX.png

I love it.  Simple but symbolic.  You should submit this to the league.  The speed in which Goodell left the podium tonight he should be back in NY by now.

mainescarf.png

I added the outline to the logo for how it would look on the field, as well as the logo with the location and date.  I also put the logo on a grassy surface to give it an "on-field" effect.  Then I also came up with this "alternate" wordmark logo; I used the roman numerals from my logo to make the abbreviation for Minnesota (MN).  I thought the two "I's" in my logo kind of resembled an "N," so I came up with the idea of making this alternate wordmark logo representing the game.  I remember Jacksonville did something kind of similar for Super Bowl XXXIX; I thought I recalled seeing a wordmark logo that used the roman numerals to say JAXXXIX.  Thanks for the feedback as always and let me know what you think!

kv9GUZN.png

vva9I68.png

KqHb3Wz.png

W6Zn5c3.png

Great work as always. I like the improvements since your Super Bowl shuffle submission. Usually you don't mind when I do field stuff with your logos, so I just went ahead and did it this time. This logo would just look so awesome on a field, it's a shame it won't be.

52-alt-field.png

52t.png

i think the trees need to be stood up just a little bit.  I realize the trunks are at the same pitch as the letters, but with the left side of the tree tapering, because that's what trees do, it makes the trees appear they are falling down.    Don't stand them all the say back up, but maybe enough that the left-side taper is close to or at the same angle as the letters

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:53 AM, pitt6pack said:

Great work as always. I like the improvements since your Super Bowl shuffle submission. Usually you don't mind when I do field stuff with your logos, so I just went ahead and did it this time. This logo would just look so awesome on a field, it's a shame it won't be.

52-alt-field.png

52t.png

This looks awesome.  Maybe someday the NFL will come to their senses.  The Super Bowl to them these days is essentially the NFL corporate party, so it's only fitting that they have a corporate business-looking logo to represent it.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:57 AM, EasleyK said:

i think the trees need to be stood up just a little bit.  I realize the trunks are at the same pitch as the letters, but with the left side of the tree tapering, because that's what trees do, it makes the trees appear they are falling down.    Don't stand them all the say back up, but maybe enough that the left-side taper is close to or at the same angle as the letters

The idea behind the trees leaning a little bit is to give a windy effect.  One of my earlier designs of this logo actually had the trees standing straight up, but it just didn't look right to me; it looked weird having them stand straight up next to the roman numerals which were already leaning.  I thought the trees needed a little more "character," so I had them lean with the roman numerals to give it an overall "windy" effect.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived