Funkatron101

What if the Memphis Grizzlies were in the ABA?

The year is 1974, new ownership has taken over the struggling Tams franchise. With a new team, a new identity, and unwavering support, basketball in Memphis is happenin' again! Can ya dig it?

grizz-70s_zpscxduc2nd.png

That MG mark is one of the funkiest things I've ever seen in the concept forum.

It's brilliant. Totally could see this on the ABA page along with all of the other wonderfully 70's logos. :P the one thing I would change is to connect the underbelly shadow to help with perspective.

4 minutes ago, Bruins said:

It's brilliant. Totally could see this on the ABA page along with all of the other wonderfully 70's logos. :P the one thing I would change is to connect the underbelly shadow to help with perspective.

It was attempted, but it messed up the look of the M too much. Honestly it was a tossup as to whether or not to add that shading, but it helps tie in the other leg/T, so I kept it. Plus the lack of established perspective feels fitting for the time.

This is ingenious. Kudos.

All of your rebrands have been amazing, and this is no exception. Kudos. :notworthy:

When I saw the headline, I was expecting a horrible logo in the style of the modern ABA. (There's a challenge for you, make a logo so bad it's good.)

Instead, I got this. This logo is pretty damn awesome.

This is genius! How about Vancouver Grizzlies colors??? 

Always wanted to see a Canadian team in ABA!

39 minutes ago, JMtexan09 said:

This is genius! How about Vancouver Grizzlies colors??? 

Always wanted to see a Canadian team in ABA!

There are a few challenges with doing this. I have to add more than two colors to really give it the Vancouver feel, which makes it a bit disjointed. Also, the "M" and "T" get a bit lost in translation if I rename the city to Vancouver. I suppose we could consider this year one of the Memphis Grizzlies. The results ain't pretty. lol.

It definitely looks better with the two-toned blue!

grizz-70s-vancouver.png