Crabcake47

2018 MLB Postseason: The Hunt for <insert team color here> October

Recommended Posts

Too many sympathetic vibes to Red Sox Nation in this thread. That should reset that! Stop throwing full beer cans at your MVP, you dumb South Shore townies!

 

y3fcpgnnecluwm2twpuf.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#BanBudLight

#dillydillydone

 

but for reals the parade was fun. First one I’ve been to since the ‘01 Pats rally. Son had a blast. Great bookend for this year for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Digby said:

Too many sympathetic vibes to Red Sox Nation in this thread. That should reset that! Stop throwing full beer cans at your MVP, you dumb South Shore townies!

 

y3fcpgnnecluwm2twpuf.jpg

Ccslc has always been pro-Boston, but as the children of New England  who grew up with all these titles hit puberty, the forum will be tired of Boston sports just as much as they hate the Yankees. Same as why the Cowboys are hated. Give it time.

Edited by TrueYankee26
Added the cowboys and clarified a bit more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, goalieboy82 said:

 

And it's typically some teenage s**thead from deep in the suburbs - as is the case here.

 

To be fair, it's become a bit of a tradition to throw beers at the players on the Duck Boats, they grab 'em, they drink 'em. Everybody wins. Then you get some hardo like this kid trying to be cool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Ccslc has always been pro-Boston

With the significant caveat of my time on this forum stretching back all the way to 2015, I have never, ever felt that that was the case. In fact, quite the opposite. And not just because of posters like SabresRule, either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Ccslc has always been pro-Boston, but as the children of New England  who grew up with all these titles hit puberty, the forum will be tired of Boston sports just as much as they hate the Yankees. Same as why the Cowboys are hated. Give it time.

 

LOL WUT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we got differing perspectives. That is fine. That is what makes forums great.

 

I'm just saying, the same exact reasons people hate teams such as the Yankees and Cowboys, down the line, will be the same reason people will hate Boston. May the Yankees win the title in 2019 and erase the bad memories of the Sox winning it all in 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

So we got differing perspectives. That is fine. That is what makes forums great.

 

I'm just saying, the same exact reasons people hate teams such as the Yankees and Cowboys, down the line, will be the same reason people will hate Boston. May the Yankees win the title in 2019 and erase the bad memories of the Sox winning it all in 2018.

 

00-arnold-johnson.jpg

 

The Red Sox never arranged for one of their cronies to buy a team to turn it into a pipeline of players (at the expense of the pipeline team’s competitiveness/farm system). Things like the Kanas City A’s episode are why no team will ever have Yankee-level dislike. 

 

The Yankees have been out of the World Series for some time. Let’s keep it that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Ccslc has always been pro-Boston

The Red Sox get a unusual amount of support during, like, a week for playing against a rather unlikable Dodgers team and suddenly CCSLC is pro-Boston?

 

I'm guessing you don't visit the NFL thread often lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now