Old Beaver Logo Update

Section30

11 hours ago, Section30 said:

Hello everyone, I'm bringing this thread back because I was unhappy with how it looked when I last left it. I decided to give the legs a complete redo, they are now more based off of the original image and less "claw" like. I also adjusted the tail pattern, giving it some curves rather than being straight lines. Let me know what you guys think, CC is appreciated!

EmqoOJc.png

That tail looks great. I agree about the sneaker thing for the feet, but since you're in Minnesota, why not some skates? I'm sure your school does more than hockey, but maybe that's a way to fix the feet issue. 

You’ve done a fantastic job at keeping the classic feel here. I’m surprised the original only goes back to ’88! It feels like something you’d have pulled from the black and white archive.

I like the latest tail, and I agree that there’s something odd about the feet. I feel like your 1st crack at it was the best so far, and I’m thinking that the foot rotated a bit clockwise will help him look a bit more ‘planted’ and walking forward.

What’s still missing from the update is a big-toothed VERY confident beaver. It looks like whoever he was headed towards in ’88 needed to be taught a lesson… where I get more of a ‘bully’ vibe from the update. Maybe it’s that he’s still staring right at you? I’m not sure, but I think it’s a more ‘purposeful’ and mature look that the other one has. I think adjusting his gaze off to the right will help with balancing his feet as well… or I’m crazy.

Great decisions through the updates here btw. The floating legs didn’t look odd to me until you fixed it 😆

Ok, so I tried to make a version with skated but it just didn't work due to him walking rather than skating. The version below is my newest (and new favorite) version of the old walking Bucky logo. Rather than paws or feet, he is wearing green and white sneakers which is actually what he wears. I'm really happy with how this looks, any more CC is still appreciated!

iH0HvMy.png

2 hours ago, adam__cain said:

Have you tried this with brown? I think when mixed with the green, that might give this a deeper, richer look. 

Here are 4 variations, the black green and white like I've been showing, a green and white, a black and white, and a new more "realistic beaver" color scheme of brown, light brown, green and white. I made a slight adjustment by moving the white outlines to the back everywhere except the front leg, it was bothering me having some spots with outlines where they shouldn't, but that means that now there are places where two parts with the same color touch (most notably the head and tail) but I think that it is still easy enough to tell where the head is supposed to end and the tail begins.

QyVzA71.png

Let me know what you guys think, any CC is appreciated!

Archived