The New Cleveland Browns

brennus

The jerseys remind me too much of LSU though.

They do look like college unis. They're good though. My only criticism would be the pants stripes should follow the colors of the sholder stripes. Oh and no orange alt.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I actually like these more than most. A couple ideas, though:

1. Use the present Browns colors. These may be orange and brown, but they're not even close, and it does take away from the look you're trying to present.

2. To get away from the "LSU look" (and I know what they mean; but LSU has triple striping around the shoulders and at the sleeve hem, so it's close enough but not quite identical), don't use a contrasting color at the neck and sleeves. Use the same color as the jersey body.

3. Where are you putting the TV numbers - shoulders or sleeves?

4. The striping is a little bit inconsistent. The white and orange (no orange alts, please... VERY collegiate, if you're looking to avoid that look... Clemson, Syracuse, Texas, etc. wear orange jerseys, but brown is rarer) jerseys have triple striping using the other two colors in the Browns' color scheme. But the brown jersey uses orange and brown striping. Why not orange/white/orange, or white/orange/white? Use all 3 colors. If you have to, go with orange or brown pants, and adjust the stripes accordingly. If this means you have to go with an all-colored monochrome look, pretend I never said it. The all-white set looks great, but all-brown would be ghastly. (And I don't like the orange jersey, so obviously an all-orange set would be out.)

Brown and orange is distinctive; outside of the month of November, Bowling Green, the Padres, and the old St. Louis Browns, nobody makes use of these colors as a set, and only Bowling Green (and November) are using them now. This could definitely work with some changes...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

No offense intended but I cant say NO loud enough..if it aint broke then dont fix it...Im a huge Browns fan and I think they have amoung the best uniforms in the league..I would hate to see them tampered with. (my one big fear though is that they at some point might try the orange jersey with their orange pants...THAT would frighten anyone)

No offense intended but I cant say NO loud enough..if it aint broke then dont fix it...Im a huge Browns fan and I think they have amoung the best uniforms in the league..I would hate to see them tampered with. (my one big fear though is that they at some point might try the orange jersey with their orange pants...THAT would frighten anyone)

I can appreciate being honest about not liking a concept, but it would be nice to elaborate on exactly what's wrong with it, other then you are a fan of the team. That is a valid reason for you, but it really doesn't mean anything to folks who aren't Browns fans...

LT

ok you asked...

in all honesty there isnt much I DO like about them. I dont like the design (I agree with everyone who said it looks like a college design). I dont like the striping design, I like the traditional Browns piping with intermingled brown, orange and white, I dont like the shadow on the numbers or the piping on the pants...the traditional browns pants piping are orange, brown, orange and it just dosent look like the browns reversed.

ok you asked...

in all honesty there isnt much I DO like about them. I dont like the design (I agree with everyone who said it looks like a college design). I dont like the striping design, I like the traditional Browns piping with intermingled brown, orange and white, I dont like the shadow on the numbers or the piping on the pants...the traditional browns pants piping are orange, brown, orange and it just dosent look like the browns reversed.

I can accept that critique. When "bucking tradition" is an issue, I like to put the critique to a test like this: If the Browns just came into existence today - with no prior history or uniforms to compare to - would you like this design for them? From your comments I will assume not, which is fair.

By the way, I don't really mind this design - but I do like the current Browns uniforms better.

LT

Archived