Best goalie mask in the nhl?

Steve-O

One of my all time favorite masks was Andy Moog's bear head mask while he was playing in Boston. I don't know why but I've always thought the mascot hea masks to be really cool...Potvin and Cujo definately get points for this as well.

Almost forgot...Vanbeezbruk's Florida mask is another great example...his Philidelphia mask wasn't that bad either.

As far as all time...I'm definately a fan of Sawchuck's "cat" mask...definately a work of art.

Mike Richter had a great mask. Hayward when he was with the Sharks was also a classic.

As for the best current one I'd go with Belfour's Eagle or Patrick Lalime, Marvin the Martian rules.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

(Wayne Stephenson)

Phontom of the Opera with glasses.  Neat site!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Gotta go with Brian Hayward.  Shoot it was so popular, the Sharks created the Shark head entry after it!  

hayward.jpg

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I like Jose Theodores kids playing hockey mask and Steve Shields old school looking mask.

Actually, Jeff hackett has the mask of the kids playing pond hockey, and it's one of my favorites as well. Theodore has bulls/stone gargolyes.

I liked Thibault's Canadiens mask, where it had Jaques Plante's origonal mask on it. I thought that was a nice tribute to players that had come before him

going to the past......tim cheveldae's chevrolet mask was classic.

chevy.jpg

but, in all honesty, i'm a fan of the helmet and cage look for goalies.

AAFH013.jpg

as far as pure intimidation goes....i offer bernie parent's looks.

parent.jpgblaz.jpg

was it moog that had the bear head and claws on the side

where it looked like the metal was being pulled away? that was awesome!

funny I've never been a fan of Belfours, proabably cause I can't stand him.

A couple Sabres goalies have had good realistic buffalo head recently, they're kinda dark but look really good.

for my money, Hayward, Richter and Beezer and Shields ode to Cheevers are top notch.

Gerry Cheevers had the greatest mask of all-time... noone else comes close.

Cheevers' mask was awesome, it rests at the St. Catharines Musuem at Lock 3 in St. Catharines, Ontario on the Welland Canal. Cheevers was one of the most famous St. Kitts hockey players ever to go along with Brain Bellows and Marcel Dionne (was raised in St. Catharines, but played in Quebec). The good ol' St. Catharines Teepees were home to some great hockey players!

3JymF.png

Archived