Hawaii Warriors Under Armour Uniforms Unveiled

kylenotryan

It's official. Under Armour is now the performance apparel and footwear outfitter of the Hawaii Warriors football team.

http://starbulletin.com/blogs/uhsportsextr...mour-make-deal/

http://www.uabiz.com/news/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=295774

Hopefully they don't change much and keep UH's current look (ala Auburn), but I wouldn' be opposed to new color combos like their all white unis or bringing back the green jersey. Please no piping.

UPDATE:

In a new article in the Honolulu Advertiser it's mentioned that there may be some changes to the current uniform, but nothing radical. Coach McMackin mentions that the unis in the opener against Florida could include some green (the last ones had none) and that he's intrigued with the possibility of throwback uniforms. Does that mean the 'Bows are back?

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbc...mplate=UHsports

It sure sounds like Hawaii has got a good deal going for them with Under Armour.

Also, does anyone know if Under Armour is owned by Nike? I thought I heard something like that along the same vein of Nike owning Converse.

UPDATE

Here's the new uniforms:

http://www.uhathletics.hawaii.edu/pr.html?prid=15030&p=3

fb_uniform3.jpg

fb_uniform2.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UA is NOT owned by Nike.

Nike OWNS the Converse brand but keeps them as separate brands, just like Adidas with Reebok.

Now as to the comment in the article that quotes Coach Leech from TTU saying that the cleats are lighter than other companies', yes they are. However Reebok has just come to market with their Burner Speed line and it's the same weight and is better built than the UA cleats. UA's cleats are not that well made. I had a few players wear them last season and one of them blew out the heel in the first practice of the season. So take that for whatever it's worth.

Personally, I like the UA clothing. I just think that by adding watches, glasses, and other apparel to their line, they're growing way too fast.

As to who is now wearing the UA brand:

Maryland (flagship), Auburn, Texas Tech, North Texas, South Florida, Hawai'i, Delaware, and Southern Illinois

dodgers-1.png

UA is NOT owned by Nike.

Nike OWNS the Converse brand but keeps them as separate brands, just like Adidas with Reebok.

Now as to the comment in the article that quotes Coach Leech from TTU saying that the cleats are lighter than other companies', yes they are. However Reebok has just come to market with their Burner Speed line and it's the same weight and is better built than the UA cleats. UA's cleats are not that well made. I had a few players wear them last season and one of them blew out the heel in the first practice of the season. So take that for whatever it's worth.

Personally, I like the UA clothing. I just think that by adding watches, glasses, and other apparel to their line, they're growing way too fast.

Maryland (flagship), Auburn, Texas Tech, North Texas, South Florida, Hawai'i, Delaware, and Southern Illinois

Delaware?

I thought they wore Nike. Seems strange for them to enter the CAA and not go with their hometown team, Towson.

UA is NOT owned by Nike.

Don't forget South Carolina. I believe they use UA.

As a die hard Hawaii fan i am intreagued by this new deal w/ UA,but i am also a big fan of the current uniforms and am hoping that coach MAC is true in saying that the changes are only minor, especially to the home black set... I do agree that the road whites need to have some green added as they do have a slight resemblance to the Oakland Raiders (whom i hate) as others in the UH messages boards have stated... im also looking for ward to the "throwback" unis coach MAC is thinking about

uofh2aa1.pnghawaiinokaoieu8.png

461177213572il8.png801177214515jw7.png

My favorite saying... "Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, so therefore i am perfect!!!"

This isn't intended to be a hijack of this thread, but I just finished a consulting gig here in Denver, and one of the guys I was working directly with's son starts for the U. of Hawaii men's basketball team. He had U. of Hawaii posters all over his office...in fact, I believe he was headed out there for a visit this week.

Just thought it was interesting...

(Back to the original topic!)

This isn't intended to be a hijack of this thread, but I just finished a consulting gig here in Denver, and one of the guys I was working directly with's son starts for the U. of Hawaii men's basketball team. He had U. of Hawaii posters all over his office...in fact, I believe he was headed out there for a visit this week.

Just thought it was interesting...

(Back to the original topic!)

im thinking ur talking about Jared Dillinger, hes from Littleton and transfered from Air Force a few years ago. this is his 2nd year actually playing on the team. and if im not mistaken, hes a senior... this sat. is senior night

uofh2aa1.pnghawaiinokaoieu8.png

461177213572il8.png801177214515jw7.png

My favorite saying... "Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, so therefore i am perfect!!!"

UA is NOT owned by Nike.

Delaware?

I thought they wore Nike. Seems strange for them to enter the CAA and not go with their hometown team, Towson.

Yes, I forgot to mention South Carolina. According to my sources, UD is now a UA school. They had been purchasing Nike and UA products but because of their success last season, UA decided to offer them a deal. Towson wears Russell for football and some of their other sports. They also use Boathouse for general issue and for other apparel. I do believe that their lax team wears UA though.

We've approached UA about doing something with our team. Unfortunately they were not interested. They are primarily focusing on the high school demo. They are being very selective with who they are using as their sponsored teams.

dodgers-1.png

im thinking ur talking about Jared Dillinger, hes from Littleton and transfered from Air Force a few years ago. this is his 2nd year actually playing on the team. and if im not mistaken, hes a senior... this sat. is senior night

Yep...Jared. James is his dad. In fact, we bought Girl Scout cookies from Jared's sister...

Just read that prototypes for Hawaii's new Under Armour uniforms will be unveiled soon and that there will be "Some green, no silver."

http://starbulletin.com/blogs/uhsportsextr...egory/football/

I've heard some rumors around campus (some I like, some I don't like), but I'll reserve judgement until I see the uniforms. Can't wait!

Hmmm, I don't know about these. I want to get a better or more detailed look at them (better yet, an actual uniform). I wish they kept the tapa/kapa tattoo on the leg and kept the arm tattoo on one side (I bet the video game designers are glad the uniforms are symmetrical now). I don't care for the piping on the pants or the shoulders. It looks like Under Armour is using cues from their template as well (the collar to sleeve stripe). It also appears that the tapa/kapa helmet stripe is all silver now instead of black outlined with silver.

I know this is only an unveiling of the prototype design, but it'll take time before these new unis grow on me.

Well, it still looks nice, but the fact that they ditched the two most distinctive (and, IMO, important) elements of their uniform makes these a downgrade. Still solid, mind you, just not as good as it has been or could be.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived