Inkscape Video Tutorials

gingerbreadmann

i did your tutorial (it was very helpful) i got to the saving part in your video and i saved (can't remember to where tho) then inkscape crashed and i tried to open the file from "open recent" it said "failed to load requested file"

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make sure it finishes saving (the bar on the bottom I think indicates the process), and try opening if from Explorer, not Open Recent. It is possible that Inkscape crashing prevent it from being saved properly in the first place, and if that is the case, I'm sorry. Just always remember to save often.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

These video tuts for Inkscape are ideal; thank you very much. The last time I actually bought Illustrator was in 2000 when I took courses in graphic arts. It is just too expensive now days -- same with Photoshop. Got to love open source, they have come such a long way.

You did a good job on the videos.

• 1 month later...

On Tutorial 14, when I try to do the back side panels and press the align vertical centres button this happens:

gbmtut.png

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Sorry to bump this up, but I'm having the same problem just sort of the opposite. I have it set to last selected and when I click to 'center on vertical axis' it just ends up doing this.

5049910024_72da05e0ca_b.jpg

Any help with this?

Also GBM, your tutorials are great so far! Just ran into a little problem here.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well I figured out what I was doing wrong and the concept turned out nicely from there. These tutorials helped me immensely in terms of just knowing the program better and what tools to use. Once you get the hang of it, all of Scotty's templates are very easy to use. Just thought I'd say thanks!

Here's the finished product of my first real concept I did (my high school basketball team).

5107310043_8260efe12b_b.jpg

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

• 8 months later...

If i want to try that new thread on the mlb hats "what the mlb should look like" how can i put an mlb team logo on inkscape that i can edit the colors on etc. so i can put it on a hat template? thanks i've been drawing logos for a while but i'm new on inkscape concepts.

Name three better screen setters than Joel Anthony and I'll give you a firm handshake.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Those videos helped my so much, but one thing I have to ask is how do you open up new fonts like the varsity black because it doesn't have those on mine, ik you didn't mention it but I saw NHL fonts on your fonts how did u get those???

If it's a font that you've downloaded, you need to close out of Inkscape and then find the font where ever you saved it. From there, the font needs to be installed on your machine. After installation, open Inkscape back up and the font should be there.

gYH2mW9.png

• 1 year later...

Archived