I've started a new jersey blog!

spyboy1

I want to let everyone know that I've started a new blog about my jersey collection.

Each entry is going to feature one of the jerseys in my collection. Hopefully you will find it informative and entertaining.

I'm not sure I'm going to actually post a new jersey each and every day. I'm in the process of trying to put together a schedule of jerseys that relates to some event that is happening or has happened on that day.

For example, today, May 9th is Steve Yzerman's birthday, so I'm starting out with an Yzerman Red Wings jersey.

Hopefully I'll hit my stride quickly for a consistent voice and format. In the meantime, if you have any constructive criticism on what you'd like to see or what I could add to it, please send me a private message.

The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog can be found here http://hockeyjerseyoftheday.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

Jeff

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, what a chore today's entry was to get the text formatted correctly. That thing has a mind of it's own sometimes, but I managed to fight through it.

I also learned how to adjust the column width, so my photos will no longer be cropped like they have been.

If you read it early today, I also added a Dasherboard entry about yesterday's World Championships later on that I'm pleased with.

I don't think I'm going to have a fresh entry for tomorrow just because I didn't find a noteworthy topic to play off of and don't want to burn through all my jerseys as fast as possible.

However, I do have one all set for the 13th written and scheduled for posting.

Let me know if you've got any feedback. I'm open to suggestions.

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know about an important change with my blog.

It now has a new name and new web address. "Third String Goalie". This will allow me to free up the format a bit and tie into my baseball version once that gets some content.

I hope you've been taking a moment to check it out and will keep stopping by at:

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/

HansonsSig.jpg

I would like to start adding some variety to my hockey jersey blog. I don't want to actually post a jersey without having some sort of reason to do so, like at least a players birthday or notable event in hockey history.

On those days I've got no jersey to post, I thought I would do occasional informative topics on hockey jersey collecting. Some of my ideas are:

What to collect

Where to get jerseys

How to buy on "ebay"

How to spot fakes

Who to get on your jersey

How to take the plastic off of patches

Making your own patches

How to get jerseys lettered

How to get on TV wearing them

With that in mind, I have a couple of questions for all of you.

First, what do you collect? Is there any sort of theme to what you collect and why?

Second, can you think of any more collecting topics I could cover?

HansonsSig.jpg

I would like to start adding some variety to my hockey jersey blog. I don't want to actually post a jersey without having some sort of reason to do so, like at least a players birthday or notable event in hockey history.

On those days I've got no jersey to post, I thought I would do occasional informative topics on hockey jersey collecting. Some of my ideas are:

What to collect

Where to get jerseys

How to buy on "ebay"

How to spot fakes

Who to get on your jersey

How to take the plastic off of patches

Making your own patches

How to get jerseys lettered

How to get on TV wearing them

With that in mind, I have a couple of questions for all of you.

First, what do you collect? Is there any sort of theme to what you collect and why?

Second, can you think of any more collecting topics I could cover?

How to wisely spend money on acquiring jerseys

When not to wear them

How to fix your jersey if it tarnishes

Acceptable vs. Unacceptable NOB Guideline

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that you've been checking my blog at least occasionally since I've started it. I have been avoiding bumping this thread every day just to tell you I've made yet another new post, so I hope you'll indulge me this time, as I have written my first "feature story" type of post about the KHL hockey league and it's attempts to sign away NHL players. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out and hope it will contain some information that you find interesting and weren't aware of yet, especially the dissection of average attendance numbers at professional games in Russia.

There's also the usual "jersey of the day" below the main article, so don't forget to check that out while you are there since it's a bit of a break in the usual format today.

HansonsSig.jpg

My new entry is up today. I added quite a lot of content after the jersey part several hours after it first posted, so if you checked it out first thing this morning, give it another look. I you haven't checked it out today, be sure to have a look.

HansonsSig.jpg

I've started a new Twitter feed to post my topic for each day for those of you are into that.

It's worth checking out just for the background wallpaper, if nothing else.

http://twitter.com/3rdStringGoalie

HansonsSig.jpg

I've started a new Twitter feed to post my topic for each day for those of you are into that.

It's worth checking out just for the background wallpaper, if nothing else.

http://twitter.com/3rdStringGoalie

Very nice! Love the blog, and are now following you via Twitter as well. :-)

Twitter sure has a lot of spammers on it. It's annoying.

I did eventually post a new entry today about 10 hours behind my usual schedule. I was out of town at Wrigley Field all weekend and didn't get today's fully completed before I left.

HansonsSig.jpg

Today's entry is the story of how the Quebec Nordiques traded Eric Lindros - twice!

HansonsSig.jpg

I posted an interesting jersey today, a Tampa Bay Lightning "seasickness" alternate jersey from early in Vincent Lecavalier's rookie season.

My traffic is usually down noticeably on weekends and that's when some of the more interesting jerseys seem to fall in my calendar so I wanted to point this one out.

HansonsSig.jpg

Archived