New Fordham Rams logo

buster04

It is really unbelievable to me how Phoenix continues to get work. Their stuff is so uninspired it's ridiculous. Why would any school want to hire Phoenix when they know they are getting something that is completely the same as every other thing they've done? It is really mind boggling that schools continue to choose Phoenix when there are a million better firms around. Is it the money? Do they typically charge less than other firms and it's a money thing? I just can't figure it out. Can someone please explain this to me?

Are we sure those aren't reversed? Seriously. That first logo is fantastic, and looks rather modern. The other.... ugh.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Twenty bucks says it has something to do with the older (and better) logo's resemblance to Baal, a major Pagan deity?from what I remember, the outline of Baal's goat-shaped head was the genesis for the pentagram mark that's been made synonymous with Satanism and the like. After all, Fordham is a Catholic school.

Sigs are for sissies.

I'm a logo fan and a Fordham alum and I have to tell you I never expected to see the Rams on this board, but when they released this AWFUL downgrade I was really tempted to post my frustration somewhere, just didn't think anyone out there would care about Fordham's identity. It's strange because Fordham really didn't have a dynamic graphic identity before the previous one and most people seemed to like it. They are really making an effort to improve the athletics at Fordham now, they're even giving athletic scholarships for the first time in 60-something years! If this was an attempt at making the schools athletics image more mainstream, I hate to say they failed.

WOW! I mean, damn, this is terrible work even by Phoenix standards. It wouldn't even be in their Top 50.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived