2011-12 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

jhans203

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why exactly are Bobcats moving away from orange? A orange, black and white color scheme would not only look good but would also be unique (knicks and Suns are the only other teams with any orange in there uniforms).

Home: White

Away: Orange

Alt: Black

Now if they'd go back to the Bullets, everyone will be happy. Besides, Wizards kinds of brings up images of guys in white robes and cone hoods. Talk about un-PC.

3181527102_71a4e1639b_b.jpg

(image from deepthirteen/flickr)

hope the sixers introduce a new blue alt.

here's a mock up video somebody did on youtube where they photoshopped the sixers uni's blue. looks great IMO.

I could see that design with the exception of "PHILA" instead of "SIXERS" ... I believe PHILA is on their butts right now?

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

We've also seen the Wizards do a bit of an homage to the Unseld era with their gold alts, complete with a horizontal stripe at the sholder and star accents:

elvin-hayes-bullets.jpg

Am I the only one that noticed the radical difference between the unis Elvin Hayes is wearing, and his teammate in the background? What is going one with that?

We've also seen the Wizards do a bit of an homage to the Unseld era with their gold alts, complete with a horizontal stripe at the sholder and star accents:

elvin-hayes-bullets.jpg

Am I the only one that noticed the radical difference between the unis Elvin Hayes is wearing, and his teammate in the background? What is going one with that?

Elvin Hayes is in the correct one (look back to his right). That one plate is in a different or inside out jersey. I've heard why but can't remember. Was it actually a Spurs player

elvin-hayes-bullets.jpg

Elvin Hayes is in the correct one (look back to his right). That one plate is in a different or inside out jersey. I've heard why but can't remember. Was it actually a Spurs player

Believe it or not, we actually covered this once on the boards.

I had that issue; from memory (and from what I remember about the thread about it), it was Mike Gale of the Spurs in the inside-out road Bullets jersey. Something about losing his uniform before the game or something...the Bullets loaned him a road uni.

elvin-hayes-bullets.jpg

I had that issue; from memory (and from what I remember about the thread about it), it was Mike Gale of the Spurs in the inside-out road Bullets jersey. Something about losing his uniform before the game or something...the Bullets loaned him a road uni.

I would love to see video of that game it must have been weird with Gale playing for the Spurs and looking like a Bullet.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Thankfully it looks like the Kings aren't moving to Anaheim so we won't have to see those dreadful Royals uniform.

I'm disappointed to see Washington change their uniforms. Sure, it makes sense that they switch to red white and blue because they're in our nations capital, but c'mon. Don't we have enough red and blue? I saw the rumored "new logo," and it's absolutely hideous. Their current color scheme is interesting and unique.

Follow me on Twitter: @davisjrich

Thankfully it looks like the Kings aren't moving to Anaheim so we won't have to see those dreadful Royals uniform.

I'm disappointed to see Washington change their uniforms. Sure, it makes sense that they switch to red white and blue because they're in our nations capital, but c'mon. Don't we have enough red and blue? I saw the rumored "new logo," and it's absolutely hideous. Their current color scheme is interesting and unique.

Why does everyone say the Wizards have a unique color scheme? Change the gold to silver and you have the Magic and the Timberwolves. And with the gold only an accent, they already look similar enough.

Why does everyone say the Wizards have a unique color scheme? Change the gold to silver and you have the Magic and the Timberwolves. And with the gold only an accent, they already look similar enough.

Well, considering no team has gold and blue as a color scheme... I'd say that's unique..

Well, considering no team has gold and blue as a color scheme... I'd say that's unique..

Their primary colors are blue and black. Gold is only used as a minor trim color. Not enough to give them any uniqueness from the others.

Their primary colors are blue and black. Gold is only used as a minor trim color. Not enough to give them any uniqueness from the others.

Well how can you say any team has a unique color scheme?

elvin-hayes-bullets.jpg

Bingo. It was game 3 of the 1978 East semis, Gale's uniform was lost in transit so he had to use a spare Bullets road uni. By game 4, he'd got his Spurs uni back. I've been searching for footage of this game for a while, but to no avail.

Well how can you say any team has a unique color scheme?

When ones primary color or 2 colors are obviously different from others. In baseball, the A's are an obvious choice (which is weird because green should not be a one-team unique color). But you line up the Magic, Wizards and Timberwolves, and they're color pallet is very similar. Orlando's blue is a little different from the other two, but not enough to call anyone of them unique, especially considering that black is the secondary for all 3, and isn't really minimumly used. The Wizards use it less than the other 2, but it's still far more used than the gold.

I'm curious to see which teams introduce a 3rd uniform. I know the NBA rule is that a team has to wait 3 years after introducing a new uniform set, but there's obviously a massive gray area cause the Cavaliers had a 3rd jersey in 2010-2011 with the introduction of their new uni's. Can anyone clarify this "gray" area?

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

I'm curious to see which teams introduce a 3rd uniform. I know the NBA rule is that a team has to wait 3 years after introducing a new uniform set, but there's obviously a massive gray area cause the Cavaliers had a 3rd jersey in 2010-2011 with the introduction of their new uni's. Can anyone clarify this "gray" area?

How many times did the Cavs wear them? I don't think they were an official alternate. At least not one they could wear multiple times, as far as I know.

How many times did the Cavs wear them? I don't think they were an official alternate. At least not one they could wear multiple times, as far as I know.

I think they only wore the new black CavFanatic jersey once, but I'm still curious has to this gray area that allows to team to wear a completely different uni without it being considered a 3rd alternate. I wish the NFL had this too.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

I think they only wore the new black CavFanatic jersey once, but I'm still curious has to this gray area that allows to team to wear a completely different uni without it being considered a 3rd alternate. I wish the NFL had this too.

Other than throwbacks and special occasion jerseys (Hornets Mardi Gras, all the holiday jerseys), this is the only instance that I know of, so I don't know what gray area you're referring to. No one else has had an alternate before the third season of a new look.

And the Spanish jerseys, which are a league thing.

Other than throwbacks and special occasion jerseys (Hornets Mardi Gras, all the holiday jerseys), this is the only instance that I know of, so I don't know what gray area you're referring to. No one else has had an alternate before the third season of a new look.

And the Spanish jerseys, which are a league thing.

That's what I mean. Is a throwback or fan-jersey such as the CavFanatic not considered a 3rd uni? I'm just asking for clarification per NBA uni rules. I know the NFL only allowed an exception to their policy during the AFL Anniversary and allowed the selected teams to have 4 uni's that season, but that's the only time the NFL allows that.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Archived