Anaheim Ducks Logo

worcat

nomaskpreview.png

I've always liked their original logo and jersey set, hate that they don't use it any more. Thought about a way to bring it back without reusing the old mighty ducks logo - without the cartoon-ish mask, it looks alright. I still love the mask logo and this still looks ALOT like it but this is a rough idea of what I'm working on. I want to remodel the sticks and remove the cartoon look to the taping. Should I keep the original triangle and circles? I'd sure like to, but maybe simplify it a little more? C&C is always welcome

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

The original logo was of a mask, so to recolor it to make it look like a real duck face makes me think that someone cut a ducks face off (silence of the lambs style).

But a mask for a duck would be shaped like a duck's face. This is just a depiction of what the duck's face under the mask could look like.

Great work, worcat. I'm really diggin' this idea. One thing that it could use though is some eyes, so it doesn't just have empty eye sockets. Perhaps also make the nostril (is that what the spot on the nose is?) more elongated, sort of like a football shape. I don't know if you're going for complete anatomical correctness, but the spot on the nose looks a bit like a mole as it stands now.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

this is one of the best ideas I've seen on this board in a while, and definitely the best Ducks' idea I've ever seen on here. I don't really have much in the way of constructive criticism, but this thing is far from done. Follow the advice of these guys and play around until it's truly finished

This is too genius to abandon down the line.

My only thought is not to force yourself to stop the head at where the mask stops. That might stop some of the "disembodied head" look. I also think the sticks could go, but definitely not the shapes behind the head.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

But a mask for a duck would be shaped like a duck's face. This is just a depiction of what the duck's face under the mask could look like.

The problem is that it's missing the back of the duck's head, as well as the lower jaw and eye. It's a good start, but it could definitely use those tweaks to lessen the creepy dead face vibe.

The problem is that it's missing the back of the duck's head, as well as the lower jaw and eye. It's a good start, but it could definitely use those tweaks to lessen the creepy dead face vibe.

The more it gets mentioned, the more I see it. My apologies to missouri tigers, I was wrong.

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

thanks for all the C&C. i agree with pretty much what everyone has said so far. I loved the duck goalie mask idea they had and I wish they still had it, it was very clever... I just wanted to see what response I would get if they used a similar approach but just used an actual ducks face.

To me the ducks bill looks too plain and I need to expand with more detail to the yellow. Maybe a breaking line between the bill and the face? The transition from yellow to green doesn't flow as nice as I'd like.

Definitely need to add some eyes. It still looks like a mask without them. Any suggestions to fit this design though? Rounded pupils? Or aggressive? colored or white?

The sticks may be the first object from the background to be removed. Too much yellow for my liking and they are really unnecessary.

Now that you have an idea of what I was going for, what would you think of removing the circles and stick with the triangled design? Take the ducks neck all the way to the bottom point of the triangle and extend the back of the head and make it a little feathered and fade into the right side of the triangle?

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

nomaskpreview2.png

Version 2.0 based on your suggestions. Looks much better to me. How do you guys feel about the eyes? They were the hardest part IMO - I didn't want it to look cross eyed.

Added a "D" in the nostril, eyes/pupils, extended the back of the head and neck.

Removed the background circles and sticks.

C&C always welcome

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

The triangle feels like it has too much white space. But I love any Ducks logo that is actually a Duck, and I think the eyes turned out well.

Could you combine the D in the nostrils and the eyes in the 2nd one with the first design? I guess I didn't get a silence of the lambs vibe because there are lots of logos that just feature the head of an animal and not the whole body.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

The triangle feels like it has too much white space. But I love any Ducks logo that is actually a Duck, and I think the eyes turned out well.

Could you combine the D in the nostrils and the eyes in the 2nd one with the first design? I guess I didn't get a silence of the lambs vibe because there are lots of logos that just feature the head of an animal and not the whole body.

I didn't see it at first either, but it's because it's facing left with nothing but a face. If it was more 2D or it was front-facing, that would be one thing, but where it's just a left-facing face with nothing behind it, it has that vibe.

koizim said:

COYS and Go Sox

I didn't see it at first either, but it's because it's facing left with nothing but a face. If it was more 2D or it was front-facing, that would be one thing, but where it's just a left-facing face with nothing behind it, it has that vibe.

It looks like Perry the Platypus. Time to go back to the drawing board.

Perry_spy_badge.png

Needs a few more details, and looks like a cartoon character. Reminds me just a bit of the Robo-Pen, in terms of general design (siple bird head facing right coming out of a triangle):

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

It looks like Perry the Platypus. Time to go back to the drawing board.

Perry_spy_badge.png

oh my god it does

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

It looks too cartoonish, and I don't know how to correct that. It went from too scary to too soft, but nothing about it screams out as wrong.

maybe more color to the head? like, feather-wise? Maybe make the head a little thicker/deeper? Maybe make the shape behind it different (bring the black circle back?)? Maybe make the eyes less cartoonish (even though they look really good)?

I just don't know. something about this is the wrong direction though. Thoughts, guys?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived