FCS Football Uniforms 2012-2013

Brave-Bird 08

I figured this thread would be a good idea because a lot of FCS teams, or nearly all of them, get lost in the shuffle when it comes to uni talk. I'm sure there is enough of us to spread some knowledge of FCS teams in our regions and keep the intel up to date when it comes to the schools. Let's shed some light on some great (or terrible) uniforms during the offseason and through the fall.

Maybe we can start by posting, by conference, the latest uniforms worn by the teams.

Colonial Athletic Association

Delaware: Actually the UA template we've seen with a lot of teams recently, but the piping is the only alternating color on the jerseys and pants. I hate the back of the leg piping, but it's not as much of an eyesore as it is when it's a different color than the base. Beautiful colors, beautiful helmet, typical piped out jerseys.

fb11-jackson-wcu(mc)_lg.jpg

fb11-pierce-navy(mc)_lg.jpg

Georgia State: Horrid number font clashes big time with very simple jerseys. The only real design element is the double stripe on the sleeve. Plain white pants for home and road. The helmet logo is also awful. Team kind of dropped the ball with logo options when doing its redesign a few years ago. Obviously the shade of blue is fantastic and could take the identity a long way if done correctly.

Drew+Little+Shorter+v+Georgia+State+uZqG4TZY_ndl.jpg

Squad_Up_large.jpg

James Madison: Beautiful color scheme, but a boring helmet logo. Team wears the cookie-cutter "Mizzou" template pants and home jersey, but an older design for the road jersey. Also wore black jerseys in the homecoming game against Richmond (and elected to wear older purple pants to make it flow better?)

GCQEOROJESKMLFR.20111116142220.JPG

CAQIAUOQEPVYGZN.20111002141134.jpg

111811inhfoot_pic.jpg

Maine: Kind of difficult to find stuff on Maine because they took down the 2011 archives for some reason. Looks like the most recent uniforms were these. Really generic Adidas template. Another boring helmet design. Can't confirm if these baby blue uniforms, posted in a release about the 2012 spring game, were worn in 2011 or not.

McMillian.jpg?max_width=450

083111_Maine-Football.jpg

University-of-Maine-Football.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Hampshire: Clean uniforms, but really boring, early 2000s template. I like the helmet, which is enhanced with the helmet stickers.

evans.jpg?max_height=333&max_width=317

8070382-large.jpg

Maine-New-Hampshire-Football.JPEG-01c49.jpg

Old Dominion: Probably the worst uniforms in the conference. Completely generic mush, and that awful Utah State/Miami template. The Helmet Project also confirms that the helmet stripes were added in the second week of the season.

old-dominion-football.jpg

285227640-29164302.jpg

ODUatURI-Football-6241.jpg

Maine: Kind of difficult to find stuff on Maine because they took down the 2011 archives for some reason. Looks like the most recent uniforms were these. Really generic Adidas template. Another boring helmet design. Can't confirm if these baby blue uniforms, posted in a release about the 2012 spring game, were worn in 2011 or not.

McMillian.jpg?max_width=450

083111_Maine-Football.jpg

University-of-Maine-Football.jpg

Interesting that a school that chose the Black Bear as its mascot wouldn't have black as one of its official school colors (blue & white... I looked it up).

Rhode Island: Completely plain Adidas Tech Fit uniforms. I still think it's a vast improvement of the rec-league baby blue unis they wore not too long ago. Definitely also love how the Ram horn on the helmet actually runs flush with the Revo helmets. Only thing I don't like is the "RI" logo on the chest. Chest logos always bother me. Love the matte finish on the helmet, too.

9988369-large.jpg

7178049.jpeg

Richmond: These uniforms remind me of the SMU uniforms from a few years ago. Really blah. Piping is bad and the pants are plain.

PMKSSNZRXIUPYND.20110904063557.jpg

EWDNKCNTUYNGQMF.20110911051206.jpg

CAIJGSVNDRHVRUV.20111023012732.jpg

Towson: Side panels really clash with pants. Ugly UA uniforms. Love the helmet though.

KPDAZGHSZQFFSZQ.20111113020856.jpg

Towson-Maine-Football_001-600x463.jpg

Villanova: Same uniforms they have been rockin for a while. Really like them.

doc4b08bb7715ee4452985829.jpg

4d00c87cf1ed8.preview-300.jpg

Ijalana_Ben1_NOVA.jpg

William & Mary: Excellent! Love the colors, simplicity, and the choice to do white numbers.

DQQMMEDLVSDJRNQ.20110921153119.jpg

TRSOBZWDCPOVKSB.20111009031152.jpg

Interesting that a school that chose the Black Bear as its mascot wouldn't have black as one of its official school colors (blue & white... I looked it up).

Hey, no one ever held that against the Yellow Jackets...ijs :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Hope you don't mind me butting in with my pet SoCon...

Appalachian State:

HOME:

0912_525_elder.jpg

AWAY:

App%20State%20shush.jpg

ALTERNATE:

GUCAUDYZDPBTDBN.20101007001725.jpg

The Citadel:

HOME w/ Alternate helmet:

6118846626_96b6c3cfdf_o.png

AWAY:

4c8c6c8e1152d.image.jpg

Elon:

HOME:

001RiddleGreenville1.jpg

AWAY:

rp_primary_Christian_Dennis_at_Vandy.jpg

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Stony Brook: Uses a very old Nike template. I like the jerseys (sans side panels), but the pants stripes just look dated and they don't match with the rest of the uniform. A red facemask would help a lot. They're black uniforms are awful.

maysonetball.jpg

image.JPG

image.JPG

stony-brook-football-fcs.jpg

Charleston Southern: One of the few remaining New Balance schools. I could deal without the side panels, but I love the road jerseys. Definately not bad.

UIXHWCXLNNSJZJJ.20100806193755.jpg

display_image.jpg

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Furman:

HOME:

fuccu10.jpg

AWAY:

ForicerC2009ASU1_thumb_thumb.jpg?max_width=250

Georgia Southern:

HOME:

PLAYER-ACCIDENT-FOOTBALL.jpg

AWAY:

greenabouttogetsacked.jpg

Samford:

HOME:

Story.jpg

AWAY:

90609FLPE101-copy-2.jpg

UT-Chattanooga:

HOME:

untitled-525x700.jpg

AWAY:

123899671_crop_650x440.jpg?1316866377

Western Carolina:

HOME:

22416_9_1_2011_AFOOTE.jpg

AWAY:

101711_WEB_c_MocsFootball_t618.jpg?ba5b5b122dd3d37cc13d83e92a6a0ec0d5bfa32a

App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Wofford College:

HOME:

bilde1-480x359.jpg

AWAY:

wofford-football-roundup1.jpg

Chattanooga used to wear a third, mustard yellow jersey, but I think they ditched that a few years ago.

Redmond Rampage

Wofford College:

HOME:

bilde1-480x359.jpg

AWAY:

wofford-football-roundup1.jpg

Chattanooga used to wear a third, mustard yellow jersey, but I think they ditched that a few years ago.

I can't quite see it, what manufacotrer is Wofford?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Adidas

Redmond Rampage

Hey, no one ever held that against the Yellow Jackets...ijs :P

True... but at least they use gold, which is often accepted as a substitute for yellow (athletic gold) in the college sports world.

I go to Georgia State and from what I've heard, our head coach Bill Curry is very old-schooled so i doubt we see a drastic or modern uni-change anytime soon; i do know we have blue pants sometimes in practice and i believe for our spring game also; i HOPE we get a new template next season also; Our first year we were an Adiddas school, and then last year moved to Nike; the Basketball Team got new uniforms (the old ones were HORRID and looked like something a Rec-League Team would wear) based on a Marquette template; Curious as to why we didn't update the football uniforms but my guess is before we move to the Sun Belt for next season we could see a change.

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Furman:

HOME:

fuccu10.jpg

AWAY:

ForicerC2009ASU1_thumb_thumb.jpg?max_width=250

Totally, utterly, completely and entirely off-topic, but whoever Furman's rival is should rename themselves the Jumpers.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Looking forward to seeing the Southland Conference. Go Lions!

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Big Sky Conference:

Northern Arizona University— my alma mater. I hate their uniforms, and they seem to have not had very great unis since about 1996. They mess around with the pant/jersey combo, too. NW, WN, NN, WW.

NAU_BlueBlue_Home.jpg

NAU_WhiteBlue_Road.jpg

Montana Grizzlies— mixed in some black pants last year, too. They're Nike's FCS Oregon, as far as I can tell. They've had some very interesting uniforms in the past.

UM_MaroonGrey_Home.jpg

UM_WhiteGrey_Road.jpg

Montana State Bobcats— Pretty basic, but not a bad look. They also wear gold pants w/ the away unis.

MSU_BlueGold_Home.jpg

MSU_BlueBlue_Home.jpg

MSU_WhiteBlue_Road.jpg

Weber State Wildcats— I really miss the all-purple look at home from a few years ago.

WSU_BlackBlack_Home.jpg

WSU_WhiteBlack_Road.jpg

Portland State Vikings? Largest university in Oregon (truth), and some pretty dreadful unis. Also wear green pants with roads, as well.

PSU_GreenBlack_Home.jpg

PSU_GreenGreen_Home.jpg

(Yes, that says "Vikings" below the number...)

PSU_WhiteBlack_Road.jpg

PSU_WhiteWhite_Road.jpg

Northern Colorado Bears? Moved from DII to the FCS 4 years ago, so I assume they had no idea what they were doing with these at the time. Still stuck in DII land...

NC_BlueBlue_Home.jpg

NC_WhiteWhite_Away.jpg

Sacramento State Hornets? Nothin' special.

SAC_GreenWhite_Home.jpg

SAC_WhiteWhite_Road.jpg

Archived