NBA Redesign Part II

floydnimrod

On the Hawks set, I like the piping and the striping, and the set looks good as a whole. The only thing I don't like is the way the white outlines look on the road jersey, try deleting those. Other than that, solid job.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Pistons uniforms are pretty good the way they are, with one exception: Navy Blue. The Pistons have it in their logo, and a shadow color, and that's all I intended to use it for. I also put it in between the red and blue side panels.

detroitpistons2.png

The Cavs will be posted next.

Didn't really expect many comments on the Pistons, so here's the Cavs!

Again, I didn't change much here, as I love their current jerseys. I added an outline to both the numbers and the script. I added an alternate jersey based off of the uniforms they wore for a few seasons in the early 1980s. I also removed the Navy from the logo/color scheme.

clevelandcavaliersf.png

The Brooklyn Nets will be posted next.

The recolored logo in particular looks really good. The yellow outlines on the home look great, but not sold on the white ones on the away, I would get rid of those. Other than that, solid job.

Cohenj.png

My reasoning for outlines on the away jersey were for consistency purposes (which is why the alternate has outlines as well). This was also my reasoning for what I did with the Hawks.

Here's my Brooklyn Nets concept.

Black and Gold is a favorite color scheme of mine, and I think it fits perfectly. I borrowed the old Dodgers script here (without the tail) for the alternate.

brooklynnets.png

My reasoning for outlines on the away jersey were for consistency purposes (which is why the alternate has outlines as well). This was also my reasoning for what I did with the Hawks.

Here's my Brooklyn Nets concept.

Black and Gold is a favorite color scheme of mine, and I think it fits perfectly. I borrowed the old Dodgers script here (without the tail) for the alternate.

brooklynnets.png

This is absolutely fabulous. Terrific job all around - Now if only a certain Russian Billionaire had of got a hold of you first...

canada.png

Going to be gone all day, so I'll put both LA teams here.

For the Lakers, I kept the same template that I used before, I just filled in the side panels. It's sort of a throwback to the Magic-era uniforms, with the design continuing up the jerseys. I added the shadowing back to the numbers, and used the 50-year-old Los Angeles script on the alternate. I also hgave the logo a little update.

losangeleslakers.png

For the Clippers, I wanted to keep the same color scheme I had before, to reduce, the Red/Navy in the league. I liked the script idea of their uniforms in the mid 1980s, and wanted to recreate/modernize it. I put that same font into the logo too.

losangelesclippers.png

The Houston Rockets will be posted next.

You're on the right track with the Clippers, but there's a few issues.

Firstly: gotta have a "Los Angeles" wordmark on the road. If the Lakers aren't going to show civic pride, the Clippers at least ought to. Additionally, the wordmark as it is now is too similar to the Lakers. Straightening it out and arching it might be better.

Secondly: while I like the unique striping pattern, it looks odd to not have any collar trim but have trim everywhere else. It doesn't have to be much, but some slight contrast piping around the collar would go a long way.

Thirdly: maybe try orange with powder blue instead of red, to reflect the San Diego era.

Fourth: K-Mart isn't on the team anymore. As for who to replace him with - oh, I don't know, maybe a certain all-world point guard? B)

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

For the Clippers/Lights Out (how did I know you'd comment on the Clippers? haha):

You mentioned the LA wordmark. I did use an LA wordmakr for the Lakers alternate, and I based the Clippers script idea off of those uniforms you linked to. It just so happens that the Clippers didn't have an LA script that year, as both uniforms had 'Clippers' on them. The Clippers were also sans LA script for the first ten years of my life, so its not as if the Clippers are known for having Los Angeles on their uniforms.

As for arcing it, I tried and tried to do it and couldn't get it to look right.

Collar-trim is just something I forgot, I'll update that when I can (as well as an LA wordmark on the alternate possibly).

Orange and light blue is something I tried, but I already used those colors (although it was used with Navy) for the Thunder, and I love light blue and red as a color scheme.

And Kenyon Martin? It all depends on when I started the concept, that pretty much determines who I used for players. I don't think Ryan Hollins is on the Cavs either.

Below might be my favorite concept I've done in this series. It could do great or fall flat, but I'm ready to just get it out there. I went back to the 90s logo, and used the original Houston Rockets color scheme: Yellow and Red. I added a new science-y font, and put an emphasis on yellow on the home uniform, much like the original Houston Rockets uniforms.

houstonrockets.png

I'll post the Knicks tomorrow.

I think the Pistons uniforms are pretty good the way they are, with one exception: Navy Blue. The Pistons have it in their logo, and a shadow color, and that's all I intended to use it for. I also put it in between the red and blue side panels.

detroitpistons2.png

The Cavs will be posted next.

The ONLY thing I would say about the Pistions is to bring back the horse logo.

As for the Rockets concept... it's good, but also feels unfinished. And I'd tweak the number coloring a bit (in the way the '95 uniforms were).

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I do like the color scheme and logo for Houston very much, but I don't like the wordmark or number font. Try someing a little less blocky and linear to give more flow to the set.

Cohenj.png

Didn't really expect many comments on the Pistons, so here's the Cavs!

Again, I didn't change much here, as I love their current jerseys. I added an outline to both the numbers and the script. I added an alternate jersey based off of the uniforms they wore for a few seasons in the early 1980s. I also removed the Navy from the logo/color scheme.

clevelandcavaliersf.png

The Brooklyn Nets will be posted next.

Gold alternate is money.

Archived