Miami Dolphins Uniform Concept

dcdabroski

• 2 weeks later...

Too much grey, the numbers don't contrast enough, the lack of striping and the pipping looks bad and the tapered helmet stripe doesn't look good at all

while "looks bad" and "doesn't look good at all" are very insightful critiques, I'm going to have to disagree with you. This looks ultra modern and sleek and the gray really makes the blue and orange stand out well. I understand why you used gray numbers because it really drives the concept home and is more minimal, but in practice, something with contrast would probably look better on the field. I'd almost like to see an obnoxious fluorescent orange for the numbers or even for the shoes..kinda like we've seen with the green on the seahawks

• 2 weeks later...

I like it, though certain aspects do bug me. I am not sure I like the evil looking dolphin, though the rest of the dolphin has some nice colors and its sleek. I would stay a bit more traditional on the strips. I hate how modern turns everything into spikes instead of stripes. Instead of it being an accent to the uniform it becomes more of a logo. Grey dulls everything and it is closer to a neutral color. The home jerseys should be the teal and if they want they could go to a lighter grey for the road jerseys, (still prefer white with team color accents). The numbers being so close to the color of the shirt and little team color grey makes it kind of doom and gloom when the "sun" is a big part of the identity of the logo and the team. I am guessing you might have been thinking of the actual color of the animal. I like the presentation though. Keep it up!

• 4 weeks later...

Really terrific work on this. I'm very impressed with the thought you put into it. Overall, the look feels sleek and modern but not simply for the sake of it all. For my .02, I think this is one of the more interesting and unique updates to the Miami look.

I was a little skeptical about the grey at first, but it really throws the bright blue and orange into strong relief.

Agree with the comment earlier about bringing some orange into the numbers. Also, what about pulling just a hint of white into the both the jersey and the pants. Not much, just a bit to tie it all together.

Also, I'd love to see this set with a teal-based shirt.

Again, great job! I learned a lot.

"Conduct may be founded on the hard rock or the wet marshes."

Archived