Six NFL Concepts (+ two more, 12-1-13)

Ben5

Here are six NFL concepts I made.

Chargers (revised logo, new uniforms)

Chargers_zps7e9f204c.png

Lions (new uniforms, revised color scheme)

g6162_zps92be2c24.png

Bengals (revised wordmark, new uniforms)

Bengals_zps3ec9eca1.png

Eagles (new logos and uniforms)

Eagles_zps57884fb3.png

Giants (revised uniforms)

Giants_zps1b101525.png

Steelers (revised logos and uniforms)

Steelers_zpsd7e24bdc.png

Here are a few thoughts:

Chargers-I'm not a fan of the horizontal streak you have in the numbers. just a general comment, but the midnight blue is a better fit for a team that has lightning bolts in the foreground of their jerseys and calls themselves the Chargers.

Lions-Inverse the shoulder stripes so they're white/silver/white at home and blue/silver/blue on the road. Trim the numbers on all jerseys in silver (if they aren't already; I can't tell).

Bengals-Add some orange trim--and lots of it--to the numbers on the black and white jerseys.

Eagles-Trim the numbers in silver. Either (1) use silver pants on all sets, (2) use white pants at home and green on the road or (3) make white, silver and green pants options for all jerseys. I recommend (1).

Giants-Either use gray or white pants with both jerseys. Lighten up the blue.

Steelers-You really can't mess with the colors of the astroids in the steel symbol like that. Bring those colors back. No that there has to be, but is there a logo on the right side of the helmet? Bring back the gold names on the white roads.

Chargers: I love what you did with the numbers, but I suggest that you slant the numbers slightly so that it matches the "San Diego" wordmark in the endzone. Other than that, I love this concept.

Lions: My only gripe would be that they have a grey facemask; I personally prefer that you change it to blue.

Bengals: Simply add orange outlines to the numbers on the home and away jerseys.

Eagles: Something about it I want to change, but I can't put my finger on it just yet. I would say put a stripes on the jersey, but I'm afraid it isn't the answer.

Giants: You did it right with the Giants. Although I wonder how they would look if you put a red outline around the numbers on the home jersey. . . . Also would like to see an alternate red jersey in their set.

Steelers: You can't do much wrong to them, no complaints.

(Do you plan on continuing with other teams? Interested in seeing the Ravens at some point if you do.)

The colours of the Steelers logo come from the professional logo used by the steel industry. Here's an example: http://www.behrensmfg.com/the-steel-advantage/ . That's why the colours shouldn't change.

I know that. Yet, they already have changed the steel logo to say "Steelers". Therefore, I think they can stick to their own colors on their logo.

The only issue is that it robs the logo of some of its meaning. It's akin to building a logo around the American flag, but using something other than a red-white-blue colour scheme. (The 76ers did that in the 90's, I know, but don't get me started on them. :D )

Ultimately, of course, it's your concept and you can do whatever you want. I just bring it up because sometimes symbols have deep meaning that it's not always wise for us designers to tamper with.

rATMcmK.png

Nice work with all the uni's man. I say this much put this template out and lets have a design off, since we all have our own adjustment on how things should look why not design them ourselves and compare them to each others. Friendly competition? What do you say? Make both a PSD and AI file if you can't make a psd that's fine just drop a blank template with no design and laid out exactly how you have it

First, some updates:

Chargers (revised number font)

Chargers11_zps346451f8.png

Bengals (revised number fonts)

Bengals11_zps79b90af9.png

Lions (revised number font, revised away striping)

Lions21_zpse31a8c74.png

Now, two new ones.

Patriots (revised wordmark, all else is new)

Patriots_zpsd1fbbc0a.png

Cowboys (revised jerseys)

Cowboys_zps6ab9b109.png

No plans to release the template anytime soon. Thanks for the C&C.

Here are a few thoughts:

Chargers-I'm not a fan of the horizontal streak you have in the numbers. just a general comment, but the midnight blue is a better fit for a team that has lightning bolts in the foreground of their jerseys and calls themselves the Chargers.

Lions-Inverse the shoulder stripes so they're white/silver/white at home and blue/silver/blue on the road. Trim the numbers on all jerseys in silver (if they aren't already; I can't tell).

Bengals-Add some orange trim--and lots of it--to the numbers on the black and white jerseys.

Eagles-Trim the numbers in silver. Either (1) use silver pants on all sets, (2) use white pants at home and green on the road or (3) make white, silver and green pants options for all jerseys. I recommend (1).

Giants-Either use gray or white pants with both jerseys. Lighten up the blue.

Steelers-You really can't mess with the colors of the astroids in the steel symbol like that. Bring those colors back. No that there has to be, but is there a logo on the right side of the helmet? Bring back the gold names on the white roads.

I feel the exact same way

2013RoseBowlPNGsg_zps49cea191.png

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

FC BAYERN MUNCHEN-MICHIGAN STATE-THE DETROIT FOUR-WASHINGTON REDSKINS-LA LAKERS

Archived