2014 Australian Football League season

VictoriaGooner

Richmond comes up with a huge 10 point win at the Adelaide Oval. Now that puts them tied with Adelaide for the final Final Series berth. There is still hope for Richmond. Swans ran rampant on the Saints with a 70 point home win. Sydney takes top of the ladder...

Big game on Sunday (Australia time) between Dockers and Hawks. That should be a good game to watch but both clubs have injury concerns. Well worth the watch for the neutral supporters.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Richmond is back in 8th now.

Been watching some games from the last two rounds thanks to Fox Sports 2. What an exciting and interesting sport! I need to find myself a team to root for. Thinking of rooting for a Gold Coast miracle :) (I've done quite a bit of researching of the sport the last couple weeks)

So for you footy experts here on the boards, would love to have some help finding a team to root for. Been thinking Gold Coast or GWS since they don't have much history, and I feel it would be fun to watch a team grow. But I haven't settled on anything yet. Just glad I've found a sport to watch in the summer other than baseball.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Been watching some games from the last two rounds thanks to Fox Sports 2. What an exciting and interesting sport! I need to find myself a team to root for. Thinking of rooting for a Gold Coast miracle :) (I've done quite a bit of researching of the sport the last couple weeks)

So for you footy experts here on the boards, would love to have some help finding a team to root for. Been thinking Gold Coast or GWS since they don't have much history, and I feel it would be fun to watch a team grow. But I haven't settled on anything yet. Just glad I've found a sport to watch in the summer other than baseball.

For someone without a dog (dingo?) in the fight, that's as good a reason as any. Heck, I picked my AFL team based on whose colors I liked.

With respect to selecting a club to follow, cheering for GWS or Gold Coast isn't a bad thing due to them not really having a history, something that can written for them. I do believe both clubs will get better over the years, especially Gold Coast with Brownlow Medal nominee Abblett playing for them. I support the Swans because they were involved in the first footy game I saw live in 2003 at the SCG when I was in Sydney with the Royal Canadian Navy: Sydney v Collingwood. Plus it was my first guernsey I bought. Whoever you support, top or bottom of the ladder club, the sport is great to watch and follow.

You know what would be a really, thoroughly, incredibly smart move? If the Swans rested as many of their best players as possible for this last round before the Finals. Definitely something they should do for the entire game against... oh, the name of their opponent escapes me.

And so, a solid week of :censored: -talking between Mockba and me commences.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Huge loss for the Tigers this weekend as Dan Johnson, the club's reigning best-and-fairest winner, was charged with rough conduct for an incident in the fourth quarter in VFL action, and was hit with a one-match ban. A VFL spokesperson confirmed the Tigers had accepted the penalty, meaning Jackson will not be able to return to the senior side until the finals, should they get there. Big big loss for them.

And for Swans resting players, doubt that is going to happen ;) Especially with first flag premiers on the line. Only a four point margin between us and Hawks, Cats. Big games this weekend with Collingwood at home against Hawks, Dockers home to the Power, Cats home to the Lions and the aforementioned game. It's going to be a good ending to the Premiership.

Here's The 10 from Round 22

James Hird returns to work after his year long suspension has been served.

"I'm back, boys! And I'm so thrilled, I made smoothies for all of you! Drink up!"

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

"I'm back, boys! And I'm so thrilled, I made smoothies for all of you! Drink up!"

I have a funny feeling the league will be watching the Bombers and Hird a little closer for the next little bit...just saying :P

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Richmond make the Finals Series with a combination of a 3 point win over Sydney and Hawthorn destroying the Magpies at the MCG on Friday. It was a hard fought game by the Tigers I will give them that. You can tell the Swans were pacing themselves for the Finals, as long as they kept the scoreline close, they would be guaranteed a first flag premier title.

Now the real season begins...

2hdb6l4.jpg

Finals week One fixtures:

15n3n1f.jpg

That Sydney-Richmond game was unbelievable to watch, as was the Carlton-Essendon match. Glad both were on TV late last night.

Agreed...the Swans-Tigers and Blues-Bombers games were definitely amazing to watch, end to end action. AFL has tons of action, never a dull moment. Unless you are the Magpies and get stomped by the Hawks twice in a season.

What's everyone's predictions for the opening weekend for the AFL Finals? Mine are:

Cats def. Hawks by 10 points

Bombers def. Roos by 25 points

Tigers def. Power by 4 points (take their unbelievable run into the Finals)

Swans def. Dockers by 30 points (Buddy Franklin will have a career night)

I've got Hawks over Cats in a classic

Roos over Bombers by 20

Tigers over Power by 12 (btw, I love how news over Port's forced uniform change for this weekend made front page news on AFL's website)

Swans over Dockers by 10

That is really strange that the league would rule over the clash kit of Richmond not being suitable enough as a clash kit. From the photos I have seen of their clash kit, definitely looks different from Port Adelaide's kits. Here's the link to the entire article on the "controversy"

Port Adelaide's home kit EA_guernsey.jpg2n0tzdv.jpg

Tiger's clash kit

See any similarities?

Power's hertitage 'prison bar' guernsey that will be used for Saturday if they can have it made in time for the game by the kit manufacturer ISC.

2cifnde.jpg

On other news, here's The 10 from Round 23. Great action from this round.

Wasn't this an issue during at least once during the season with Richmond, too? Time to go with the yellow jumper/black sash they use in the VFL as a change kit.

Archived