Stateside Soccer Federation Revisited (Oregon added)

jdp

I started the Stateside Soccer Federation a while ago; I even posted it in Concepts in February. However, I rushed things. It was a response to seeing other concept leagues using other names I had on my list (not that there was any stealing going on, I just didn't want to look like a copycat). They were thrown out for consideration without putting much thought into them.

Well, here's the redux. I'm hoping these come off better in all respects. But, I suppose that's up to you...

13552988804_80c2bbc205_m.jpg

Stateside Soccer Federation

The idea for the Stateside Soccer Federation came from an article posted on the MLS website: What if we made "state-by-state" teams? California and Texas would dominate.

Although I don't necessarily agree with that, I thought it would be interesting to concept teams for each state. And, thus, the Stateside Soccer Federation. Each state gets a team. There are 10 regional divisions with five teams per division (all listed below). Over the course of a few weeks, I will upload a new concept for each team, including crest, kits, derbies/competitions and/or a few other fun(ny) things from time to time.

Pacific Division
Anchorage Frontier - Alaska
San Francisco Redwoods SC - California
Paradise SC - Hawaii
Oregon Cascades
Jet City SC - Washington

Mountain Division
Arizona Coppers
Colorado Majesty
Nevada Sages
Duke City Roadrunners - New Mexico
Beehive SC - Utah

High Plains Division
Boise Gems - Idaho
Big Sky SC - Montana
NDSC - North Dakota
Rapid City Badlanders - South Dakota
Wyoming Drovers

Prairie Division
Iowa Blue Bunch
Kansas Suns
Nebraska Mammoths
OK Drillers
Clear Water SC - Minnesota

Great Lakes Division
Praire State Railsplitters - Illinois
Indiana Dunes
Ohio Scarlet
Peninsulas SC - Michigan
AS Explorateur - Wisconsin

Gulf Division
Magic City Yellowhammers - Alabama
Jacksonville Storm - Florida
NOLA Deltas
Mississippi Magnolias
Clutch City SC - Texas

Valley Division
Little Rock Naturals - Arkansas
Louisville Bluegrass - Kentucky
KC Heart - Missouri
Tennessee Smokies
West Virginia Dales

Piedmont Division
Atlanta Gatekeepers
Annapolis Skipjacks - Maryland
Old North SC - North Carolina
SC Palmetto - South Carolina
Virginia Tidewater

Megalopolis Division
Wilmington Wonders - Delaware
Excelsior Athletic - New York
New Jersey Strong
Penn Liberty
Bridgeport Schooners - Connecticut

New England Division
Dirigo SC - Maine
Boston Hub
Manchester Granite - New Hampsire
Providence Blackstone - Rhode Island
Green Mountain Boys SC - Vermont

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like the fact that there is no Athletico, Union or even FC's. im pretty sure teams like LA Galaxy are called Los Angeles Galaxy Football Club, so I think most of them including named ones should follow suit. But its just my take on it. Interesring to see you redo this and master it.

I don't like the fact that there is no Athletico, Union or even FC's. im pretty sure teams like LA Galaxy are called Los Angeles Galaxy Football Club, so I think most of them including named ones should follow suit. But its just my take on it. Interesring to see you redo this and master it.

I did think about those, but opted for just SC instead of FC. Nothing against the FCs or Uniteds of the world, but thought this league would probably stick to Soccer Club instead of Football Club. Admittedly, by calling it "Stateside" I probably backed into a corner with the whole 'Merica thing. But alas...

And I would probably say "...attempting to master it." :lol:

Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Anchorage Frontier
(For those of you who saw the first iteration of the SSF, this shouldn't be new. Because Alaska received the best feedback the first time around, I decided to stick with it.)
  • Crest: Incorporates both the state flag (Big Dipper and star/ball) and the Anchorage Flag (anchor and ship)
  • Kits: The home kit is kept pretty simple, utilizing the state flag colors. The away kit, though, incorporates colors meant to elicit the team's namesake: the frontier.
  • Kit Supplier: Adidas
  • Kit Sponsor: ACE Air Cargo
  • Grounds: A remodeled (and expanded) Alaska Dome in Anchorage
  • Ownership: Carlos Boozer, Mario Chalmers, Holly Madison - An odd grouping, but when Boozer and Chalmers heard about the federation, they wanted to help bring a team to their home state. Madison chipped in some money in hopes of getting to date a soccer player. It hasn't worked out yet, but Hef is a big supporter of the team.

All right, have at it...

13552808584_808860f842_b.jpg

I'm also open to comments about the presentation/template itself.

AS Explorateur? I'm from Wisconsin and I had to look that one up... didn't even know it was a type of cheese. I'll help you pick out something else if you'd wish.

Love your Alaska badge. The uniforms are kind of bland, but that's fine as long as you have some more flamboyant looks in the league to balance it out.

AS Explorateur? I'm from Wisconsin and I had to look that one up... didn't even know it was a type of cheese. I'll help you pick out something else if you'd wish.

Love your Alaska badge. The uniforms are kind of bland, but that's fine as long as you have some more flamboyant looks in the league to balance it out.

Cheese, huh? Wasn't going for that. It is French for Explorer, and the AS is a la AS Monaco in Ligue 1. If I got something lost in translation, I'll correct it.

As for the uniforms, they will be better. Just a first go-around. Stripes, hoops, other wackiness, etc.

Explorateur's correct. Altough, I think that you should add a location name with that, because with only "AS Explorateurs", I really don't think about a team from Wisconsin in first place.
And don't hesitate to ask for any French issue.

1401793756-espn-soccer-league-1.png

HOw about naming them the Munsters, instead of like, Monsters. Hehe

2mow2dk.jpg2j2sx87.jpgscz0cx.jpgkdsrir.jpg

My rational behind AS Explorateur: The team name is in French and Wisconsin has such a history of French explorers, so I went with it. Clearly it was too subtle. I guess I was too close to it and it made perfect sense to me at the time.

Other options I was considering:

Wisconsin... Drifters (after the Driftless Area), Martens, Bobcats, Gray Fox

I like Drifters and Gray Foxes (The Grays, perhaps?) best.

Duke City Roadrunners

• Crest: Modeled after Albuquerque's city seal, it also contains the familiar sun symbol used on both the state and city flags.
  • Kits: The home kit features the sunburst present in the city seal/club's crest. As for the away kit, it is meant to portray patches on hot air ballons during the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, one of the city's annual signature events. The bird from the city flag has ben added just above the nameplate on the back.
  • Kit Supplier: Warrior
  • Kit Sponsor: Los Pollos Hermanos
  • Grounds: APS Westside Stadium
  • Ownership: Holly and "Flynn" White took the helm after the passing of their father, Walter.

13587155763_eb4b38d491_b.jpg

My rational behind AS Explorateur: The team name is in French and Wisconsin has such a history of French explorers, so I went with it. Clearly it was too subtle. I guess I was too close to it and it made perfect sense to me at the time.

Other options I was considering:

Wisconsin... Drifters (after the Driftless Area), Martens, Bobcats, Gray Fox

I like Drifters and Gray Foxes (The Grays, perhaps?) best.

If you want to emphasize the French explorers, I'd go with a name like Voyaguers... I've seen a few places (mostly parks) in Wisconsin with that name.

Duke City Roadrunners

• Crest: Modeled after Albuquerque's city seal, it also contains the familiar sun symbol used on both the state and city flags.
  • Kits: The home kit features the sunburst present in the city seal/club's crest. As for the away kit, it is meant to portray patches on hot air ballons during the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, one of the city's annual signature events. The bird from the city flag has ben added just above the nameplate on the back.
  • Ownership: Holly and "Flynn" White took the helm after the passing of their father, Walter.

13587155763_eb4b38d491_b.jpg

Los Pollos Hermanos?

Duke City Roadrunners

Los Pollos Hermanos?

Im surprised by the sponsor, myself and others chose Dell. The crest and kit are nice. I really like tge crest the most though

Couldn't resist a Breaking Bad reference when doing the Albuquerque, NM, team.

Archived