Ok, so here's the deal. I absolutely hate the Homerun Derby/ All Star BP Jerseys. Besides the colors and patch, the uniforms have nothing to tie them to the Minnesota Twins. And of course they came out with those boring Homerun Derby hats just to make money.

What I have done was take the layout of the jersey, and replace the script with one that doesn't overkill the stars, and also incorporates a font from the Minnesota Twins and gives them a hat to match it.

S0 here is the NL Homerun Derby Team:

NLTulo_zps0732dd93.jpg

NLMorneau_zpsad9c850a.jpg

NLStanton_zpsed3e668f.jpg

NLFrazier_zps48336fe9.jpg

NLPuig_zps956e155c.jpg

Colorado Born and Raised!!

2gm6.png
LasVegasBowl_zpsdb9fb995.png

I think Bp jerseys are a great chance to go a little crazy. Use some new Ideas and stuff and don't be afraid to do something a little beyond the norm of baseball (the sublimated stars in last years numbers worked out well but do not copy that)

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

You changed the number font which was actually something that tied the jerseys to the Twins as it was the baseball block plus serifs they use on their uniforms. And the NL logo on the caps is basically the Netherlands cap logo from the WBC only in 2-color. Aside from those two items, nothing else ties this togethe to Minnesota or Twins. It actually looks even more generic than the actual ones.

I'm not a fan of different colored backs. I'd also make the swoosh the same color as the letters with the appropriate color outline.

Well he is apparently and he won't change his mind on that. He generitized BP jerseys even more than they already are.

1. How do you know he won't change his mind?

2. If you're going to comment in the concepts forum moving forward, please try and be constructive with your criticism. Thank you.

6fQjS3M.png

You changed the number font which was actually something that tied the jerseys to the Twins as it was the baseball block plus serifs they use on their uniforms. And the NL logo on the caps is basically the Netherlands cap logo from the WBC only in 2-color. Aside from those two items, nothing else ties this togethe to Minnesota or Twins. It actually looks even more generic than the actual ones.

I do not know what planet you are living on because the Netherlands hat logo is clearly different.

download_zpsb186dd1d.jpg

My number font is exactly the same:

pMLB2-9544815dt_zpsc3e22656.jpg

And the font used for the logo is actually just me manipulating the exact hat logo from the Twins current set and the font for the names and script are directly from the Twins club logo. So actually these tie in more to the twins uniforms than the real ones.

2gm6.png

If you want to get technical... The numbers are elongated on your jerseys compared to the actual twins jersey... So therefore, in a sense, you are using a different number font.

I do not know what planet you are living on because the Netherlands hat logo is clearly different.

download_zpsb186dd1d.jpg

My number font is exactly the same:

pMLB2-9544815dt_zpsc3e22656.jpg

And the font used for the logo is actually just me manipulating the exact hat logo from the Twins current set and the font for the names and script are directly from the Twins club logo. So actually these tie in more to the twins uniforms than the real ones.

If you want to get technical... The numbers on your jersey are elongated versions of the numbers on the actual jersey... Therefore, in a sense, you are using a different font.

I edited Morneau's jersey up a bit. (By the way, you may want to click and enlarge to full size to see it really well)

Changes:

*Back is same color as front

*Red Sidepanels

*Different and more standard name font

*Fixed numbers to look like actual jerseys

*threw some additional highlights and shadows into the star and the swoosh

*Subliminated star behind the numbers

NLMorneau2_zps220697d6.jpg

2gm6.png

I'm not a fan of different colored backs. I'd also make the swoosh the same color as the letters with the appropriate color outline.

Well he is apparently and he won't change his mind on that. He generitized BP jerseys even more than they already are.

1. How do you know he won't change his mind?

2. If you're going to comment in the concepts forum moving forward, please try and be constructive with your criticism. Thank you.

This is why I believe he won't change his mind.

Is every team going to have a different colored back? I feel that makes for no variety, and the look itself isn't good.

I should just say go read my posts stating the rules about the uniforms. But yes they will because I like the look of it, it has a good feel and style for a jersey worn for practice and the league should synchronize together instead of everyone looking different.
As for jerseys to keep it constructive, they look decent (aside from the constrasting backs) but your jersey seems messy. To try to tie the whole Minnesota look, I work suggest using something closer to Twins font.

and some advice: don't defend your concept here because it makes you look like you're 8. Take everything into consideration. most of the MLB uses the same number font so that is not much of a tie in.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Sorry, but this is definitely not the official Twins number font. Please look at the neon green lines I've added and compare. And that's just one of a couple of differences between the two fonts.

NLMorneau_zpsad9c850a-1_zps9f6f3258.jpgpMLB2-9544815dt_zps577c0fa0.jpg

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Archived