Bandbrands: Bands in Sports Uniforms

KennyRock

This is basically a new thread to announce this project - people seemed to like the overall idea, so here goes: Anyone on the CCSLC is welcome to post a uniform in any sport with their favorite bands as the focus. There aren't any guidelines cause this is just supposed to be a fun diversion that anyone with free time(if such a thing exists) can take part in. I'll be adding each concept to a Photobucket account(thanks AAO) called: Bandbrands_Project. The first three have already been added(49erfan and Cole, let me know if you don't want them in there). Have fun!

Bandbrands Project[1.29.2004]

Hey, I was wondering if a mod could merge this thread with the one entitled "Less Than Jake Concept Jersey" ?

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my skill-less MS Paint effort on my favorite band Pearl Jam. I chose basketball because the members are fan (the basist briefly played or at least practiced for U of Montana). The wordmark looks much like old school Mariners because the band is from Seattle. I took this from the product catalog on their website. I clipped the P and J and put them over a vinyl record for the shorts logo. This is because (as in the song "Spin the Black Circle") the band--or at least some of them--prefers vinyl to CDs. The closeup shows the name of their 7 albums and 1 B-side complilation as part of the vinyl logo.

PJtwo.gif

(Template--Thanks to St. L Fanatic)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Awesome work so far guys! bosox, that's absolutely perfect for a Nirvana jersey! Here's my next contribution, Irish rock band Flogging Molly in football uniforms.

Member_KennyRock--Artist_FloggingMolly--Sport_Football.png

HornetsTwistSig.gif

By the way, OnWis, sweet job with 1)Putting Pearl Jam in the Pilots colors(nice Seattle connection) and 2)including their albums in the logo... I might do that for my next one.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

Someone has GOT to do the Clash. In the meantime, here's a message to Rudie:

SpecialsUnis.gif

That's a Nelson Mandela patch on the left sleeve, and of course Walt Jabsco on the cap and away jersey.

stop your messing around....

better think of your future....

absolutely brilliant!

and i love that band.

Here is my skill-less MS Paint effort on my favorite band Pearl Jam. I chose basketball because the members are fan (the basist briefly played or at least practiced for U of Montana). The wordmark looks much like old school Mariners because the band is from Seattle. I took this from the product catalog on their website. I clipped the P and J and put them over a vinyl record for the shorts logo. This is because (as in the song "Spin the Black Circle") the band--or at least some of them--prefers vinyl to CDs. The closeup shows the name of their 7 albums and 1 B-side complilation as part of the vinyl logo.

PJtwo.gif

(Template--Thanks to St. L Fanatic)

name should have been blaylock :) that would have kicked ass.

what about this system of a down hockey jersey? :)

i have a feeling the band would personally love this one... took elements from 2 well known teams.

soadhockey.png

*nods* I think they'd love the "SOAD" for one. System of a Down's a little lengthy, so using the band's own abbreviation really works

HornetsTwistSig.gif

what about this system of a down hockey jersey? :)

i have a feeling the band would personally love this one... took elements from 2 well known teams.

soadhockey.png

*nods* I think they'd love the "SOAD" for one. System of a Down's a little lengthy, so using the band's own abbreviation really works

plus, it's 4 letters... like CCCP :)

Wow, that looks really nice - I'll add it to the project for now, and switch it when you get one on a template, but it looks really solid - by the way, ain't it kinda annoying how a gold jersey basically restricts you to black or navy numbers(at mleast they both look good, though)?

HornetsTwistSig.gif

Awesome work so far guys!  bosox, that's absolutely perfect for a Nirvana jersey!  Here's my next contribution, Irish rock band Flogging Molly in football uniforms.

Member_KennyRock--Artist_FloggingMolly--Sport_Football.png

:notworthy: My girlfriend played Flogging Molly for me one time and I was hooked!

EDIT: She says she loves it and if this were a comptition, she would vote for this one.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Archived