Buffalo Sabres Idea

Dan12020

I read the article and I figured that I would throw this together. The home didn't turn out as good as I wanted it to, but oh well, these literally took me 2 mins to make. I'll do something more creative later.

EDIT: Alright I put a different blue on these jerseys, let me know what you think.

Sabreale.gif

Sabrehome1.gif

EDIT #2: Alright I added this jersey using the current crossed sabers, I don't think it came out to bad, let me know what you think

Sabreale22.jpg

Sabrehome.gif

PavelBure2.png

Delaware.jpg

Looks a lot like these. This guy has been petitioning the Sabres' owner(s?) for a while now to bring back blue-and-gold jerseys. I'm just sayin'. They both look tight.

Yeah, I've seen that site and I have signed his petition. Thats where the basic idea came from but his are a tiny bit different. I love his ideas, and I wish the sabres would switch back to the blue and gold

PavelBure2.png

Delaware.jpg

this may come as an anomaly but i actually like the logo the sabres used before they changed. i've never have been a fan the black and red with buffalo head but i do like the template.

the sabres is a team i'd like to see return back to the circle sabres logo but modernize it with a set of darker colors and put it on the current template they have. sorta like what you have done here but instead of using the old blue and yellow, use a darker blue and gold. btw, on the blue jersey, replace the grey with white, they grey is a bit out of place.

other than that-> :notworthy:

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

My proposal is midnight navy, Vegas Gold, scarlet and metallic silver (the latter two from their most recent Stanley Cup run.)

Using the third jersey in use as the template, home is midnight navy with Vegas Gold and white trim, the outer circle trim is Vegas Gold on a scarlet circle with crossed swords in silver and white with Vegas Gold handles. Road is white, with navy and gold trim, navy circle trimmed in scarlet and swords identical to the home jersey. Alternate is red, modeled after the current white sweater/jersey with a design from celcius of a gold shield and a navy buffalo with silver and white crossed swords with gold handles with white trim. New shoulder alternate logo for home and away is a charging buffalo in a three-quarters view toward the front. Alternate logo the third sweater/jersey is a white "S" coming through a stylized sword in silver and navy.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Looks a lot like these. This guy has been petitioning the Sabres' owner(s?) for a while now to bring back blue-and-gold jerseys. I'm just sayin'. They both look tight.

Yeah, I've seen that site and I have signed his petition. Thats where the basic idea came from but his are a tiny bit different. I love his ideas, and I wish the sabres would switch back to the blue and gold

i do believe that guy is on these very boards from time to time.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

These particular colors look really washed out to me. I'd deepen the purple, for one, and move the gold more from marigold to a true gold. The concept is missing something else that I can't put my finger on ,but a good start.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I'm sorry, but I'm not feeling either. The first one feels like the 70s Colorado Rockies, and the second one just doesn't look major league. They're not bad, per se, but they're not clicking with me as Sabres sweaters.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

These particular colors look really washed out to me. I'd deepen the purple, for one, and move the gold more from marigold to a true gold. The concept is missing something else that I can't put my finger on ,but a good start.

thats blue, not purple

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

The third jersey you did needs a darker shade of blue, maybe midnight navy.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Dont kid yourselves please.. ever since I was a younge lad watching hockey I always felt the sabres had one of the ugliest logos, color combos and jerseys..

if you didnt think the same great for you, but they changed it for a reason.

The blue and gold on that link posted above..

http://www.celsiusdesign.net/sabres/jerseys.html

those colors look much better then the royal blue and yellowish gold they used to use. But still their new logo is 1000x better..

maybe as an alt or 3rd jersey they will use their old ugly garbage logo but never again as a primary.

I dont care what anyone says.. a dumb meaningless circle around some old knifes and an ugly buffalo silhouette just does not cut it anymore for an NHL franchise.

I dont care what anyone says.. a dumb meaningless circle around some old knifes and an ugly buffalo silhouette just does not cut it anymore for an NHL franchise.

...except that it was a perfect pictogram. Buffalo Sabres. This isn't the "MB" generic glove issue, the logo said who they were and where they were based without having to be written.

And the jerseys were spectacularly good, I always thought; then again, I grew up as a St. Louis Blues fan, I may be biased towards the colours. The new identity isn't bad, but I wish they wouldn't have completely scrapped what they had before.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

So what do you think about the Boston Bruins logo? It's probably one of the most recognized hockey logos of all time, and all it is is a B in a spoked circle. Even less pictoral reference than the Sabres. Yet more Bruins merchandise will be sold with the spoked B than any other logo, be it the wordmark or the pooh-bear secondary.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived