Patriots Alternate Concept

Chief.

Nice Job, Chief! I like that red jersey a lot and wish they would bring one into the fold over that silver job they wear now...This jersey almost makes their helmet stand out more...Great concept.

i appreciate the effort, but the patriots wore blue during the revolution, and their enemies the bitish wore red. it would make as much sense as a team called the "Union" using civil war inspired logos wearing grey (the colour of the confederacy's uniforms).

[rant]

Oh, will you knock it off about that already? You've posted the same opinion in every red Pats concept ever done, and to be honest, nobody cares. If you knew anything about team history (which you clearly do not), you'd know that up until 1993, the Pats home uniform was red.

The Patriots name has NOTHING to do with the Revolution, but for the colors in which the original patriots fought for - the RED, white, and blue.

[/rant]

Red is an appropriate primary color for the Patriots, and I'm happy to see it in this concept. Send this off to the Kraft family - pronto! ^_^

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

what u dont seem to understand is that i DO understand pats history. i undertand that they wore red up till '93. that still dosnt make it right. it was just a 30+ year mistake. as for your arguments that the name "patriots" represents more then just the american revolution, sorry, but thats wrong. obviously you dont have a grasp on pats history (which is sad because they're your home team). look at the two logos the pats have had.

pat the patriot= an american revolutionary solider in a football stance

curret "flying elvis" logo= an abstract side view of an american revolutionary solider.

clearly that name "patriots" refers to the revolution era american solider. therefore red is an inappropriate as a primary colour. as an trim colour or even a secondary its fine. just not the primary colour. agian i realize that they wore red for 30+ years, but that dosnt mean that it was a good idea.

if the pats logo was some sort of abstract american flag, a red, white, and blue shield, or any other american-inspired logo, then red would make a great pimary colour, and i would probably pefer it over blue. but the fact is that the name patriots is clearly in reference to the american revolutionary solider who fought enemies that wore red.

now, if you dont want to listen to that simple logic, listen up. in red that pats had one super bowl appearence in which they were killed. in blue they have made it to four super bowls, and have won three. clearnly the pats have had more success in blue then red.

as for my over all oppinion on teh subject, who do you think you are, telling me what i can and cant say? i dont insult anyone with my opion, i dont curse, and i was very polite in regrads to the concept presented. imo the pats should never return to red, and im going to state my reasons for that every time the subject comes up. if you dont like it, then dont read it. but you cant stop me from posting my opinion on a concept or idea.

Why can't somebody just say either they like it or don't...Can't we all just get along.

hay, i tried to. i even gave a reason as to why i didnt like it. then i was attacked for my opinion, so i responded.

what u dont seem to understand is that i DO understand pats history. i undertand that they wore red up till '93. that still dosnt make it right. it was just a 30+ year mistake. as for your arguments that the name "patriots" represents more then just the american revolution, sorry, but thats wrong. obviously you dont have a grasp on pats history (which is sad because they're your home team). look at the two logos the pats have had.

curret "flying elvis" logo= an abstract side view of an american revolutionary solider.

clearly that name "patriots" refers to the revolution era american solider. therefore red is an inappropriate as a primary colour. as an trim colour or even a secondary its fine. just not th primary colour. agian i realize that they wore red for 30+ years, but that dosnt mean that it was a good idea.

if the pats logo was some sort of abstract american flag, a red, white, and blue shield, or any other american-inspired logo, then red would make a great pimary colour, and i would probably perer it over blue. but the fact is that the name patriots is clearly in reference to the american revolutionary solider who fought enemies that wore red.

now, if you dont want to listen to that simple logic, listen up. in red that pats had one super bowl appearence in which they were killed. in blue they have made it to four super bowls, and have won three. clearnly the pats have had more success in blue then red.

as for my over all oppinion on teh subject, who do you think you are, telling me what i can and cant say? i dont insult anyone with my opion, i dont curse, and i was very polite in regrads to the concept presented. imo the pats should never return to red, and im going to state my reasons for that every time the subject comes up. if you dont like it, then dont read it. but you cant stop me from posting my opinion on a concept or idea.

YOU FROM FRICKIN CANADA! And you're telling US that the AMERICAN Revolution and the Patriots uniforms are directly linked?

If they wanna wear red, they can wear red. It's their right. The right our forefathers fought for in, oh what was it? Oh yeah, THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION!

sheesh. :therock:

what u dont seem to understand is that i DO understand pats history. i undertand that they wore red up till '93. that still dosnt make it right. it was just a 30+ year  mistake. as for your arguments that the name "patriots" represents more then just the american revolution, sorry, but thats wrong. obviously you dont have a grasp on pats history (which is sad because they're your home team). look at the two logos the pats have had.

clearly that name "patriots" refers to the revolution era american solider. therefore red is an inappropriate as a primary colour. as an trim colour or even a secondary its fine. just not th primary colour. agian i realize that they wore red for 30+ years, but that dosnt mean that it was a good idea.

if the pats logo was some sort of abstract american flag, a red, white, and blue shield, or any other american-inspired logo, then red would make a great pimary colour, and i would probably perer it over blue. but the fact is that the name patriots is clearly in reference to the american revolutionary solider who fought enemies that wore red.

YOU FROM FRICKIN CANADA! And you're telling US that the AMERICAN Revolution and the Patriots uniforms are directly linked?

If they wanna wear red, they can wear red. It's their right. The right our forefathers fought for in, oh what was it? Oh yeah, THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION!

I don't care what country he comes from, he's right.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

what u dont seem to understand is that i DO understand pats history. i undertand that they wore red up till '93. that still dosnt make it right. it was just a 30+ year  mistake. as for your arguments that the name "patriots" represents more then just the american revolution, sorry, but thats wrong. obviously you dont have a grasp on pats history (which is sad because they're your home team). look at the two logos the pats have had.

thanks BBTV. listen McCall, i spent my sophmore year of high school in tampa studding american history at a college level, and i passed top of my class. if u honestly think that my understanding of american history a invalid simply because im canadian, then you need help. to top it off, i wasnt really even discussing history. i was discussing the pats logos and how they tie into history.

thanks BBTV. listen McCall, i spent my sophmore year of high school in tampa studding american history at a college level, and i passed top of my class. if u honestly think that my understanding of american history a invalid simply because im canadian, then you need help. to top it off, i wasnt really even discussing history. i was discussing the pats logos and how they tie into history.

Good for you, seriously.

But it's still FOOTBALL uniforms. A red alternate is not gonna disrepect or go against American history. Our national colors are RED WHITE AND BLUE (as many have mentioned before).

Heck, to get even more particular, the NEW ENGLAND Patriots colors are Red, white, and blue (and yes silver, too.) So a red jersey would not be wrong, let the guy have his concepts posted, and move on with our lives and start worshiping Jell-O.............................wait, what? :therock::blink:

By the way how was STUDDING American History? Bet that was fun.

Good for you, seriously.

But it's still FOOTBALL uniforms. A red alternate is not gonna disrepect or go against American history. Our national colors are RED WHITE AND BLUE (as many have mentioned before).

Heck, to get even more particular, the NEW ENGLAND Patriots colors are Red, white, and blue (and yes silver, too.) So a red jersey would not be wrong, let the guy have his concepts posted, and move on with our lives and start worshiping Jell-O.............................wait, what? :therock::blink:

i understand its a football uniform, but when a team names themselves after a group of people they shouldnt wear the colours of their DIRECT enemies.

By the way how was STUDDING American History? Bet that was fun.

ah, the time honored tradition of pointing out a person's typos when they know they have lost an argument.

i appreciate the effort, but the patriots wore blue during the revolution, and their enemies the bitish wore red. it would make as much sense as a team called the "Union" using civil war inspired logos wearing grey (the colour of the confederacy's uniforms).

Revolution-era Patriots didn't wear football helmets, football pads, jerseys, or football pants either.

Icecap, you bring up this "real patriots didn't wear red" point everytime someone posts a red Pats alternate, and it's really, really annoying. I know you try to defend history, but seriously, how many falcons are red or black...?? How many meat packers wear green and gold?? How many eagles are midnight green and silver?? And most of all...WHO THE F CARES??? It's friggin football, not History 101.

Are people really enraged that the Broncos wear navy and the Colts wear blue, but there has yet to be a horse on this planet colored that way?? Or how about the Seahawks, when there really is no such animal as a "seahawk"...does that stain your sheets, too, Icecap?

As a diehard Pats fan, I wish they would go to a red alternate. The concept above, and all of the photoshopped pictures that have been posted on this board are far superior than the silver alt they wear now.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Revolution-era Patriots didn't wear football helmets, football pads, jerseys, or football pants either.

Icecap, you bring up this "real patriots didn't wear red" point everytime someone posts a red Pats alternate, and it's really, really annoying. I know you try to defend history, but seriously, how many falcons are red or black...?? How many meat packers wear green and gold?? How many eagles are midnight green and silver?? And most of all...WHO THE F CARES??? It's friggin football, not History 101.

Are people really enraged that the Broncos wear navy and the Colts wear blue, but there has yet to be a horse on this planet colored that way?? Or how about the Seahawks, when there really is no such animal as a "seahawk"...does that stain your sheets, too, Icecap?

As a diehard Pats fan, I wish they would go to a red alternate. The concept above, and all of the photoshopped pictures that have been posted on this board are far superior than the silver alt they wear now.

H*!! Yeah! B) (I totally agree and I'm a friggin RAMS fan, I hate the NE Patriots) B)

its simple: do real falcons fight anything that is red/black? no.

do real eagles fight anthing that is green/black/greay? no.

did the real meat packers fight any body that wore green/yellow. no.

so on and so on with the regards to all the other teams you posted.

however the real patriots did fight an enemy that wore red. that is the difference.

listen, if you dont like my vies on the subject, then fine. when the subject comes up, dont read my post. but im not going to stop posting my opinion because someone disagrees with it.

clearly that name "patriots" refers to the revolution era american solider. therefore red is an inappropriate as a primary colour. as an trim colour or even a secondary its fine. just not the primary colour. agian i realize that they wore red for 30+ years, but that dosnt mean that it was a good idea.

if the pats logo was some sort of abstract american flag, a red, white, and blue shield, or any other american-inspired logo, then red would make a great pimary colour, and i would probably pefer it over blue. but the fact is that the name patriots is clearly in reference to the american revolutionary solider who fought enemies that wore red.

Just a quick FYI, by definition a patriot is a person who regards himself or herself as a defender, esp. of individual rights, against presumed interference by the federal government.

Patriots in the Revolutionary War were militia, who wore no combat uniform.

Getting back to the original topic, I like the uniform design, except for the silver in the jersey. I think it should be white. Nice job though.

rangersCBSig.gif

however the real patriots did fight an enemy that wore red. that is the difference.

listen, if you dont like my vies on the subject, then fine. when the subject comes up, dont read my post. but im not going to stop posting my opinion because someone disagrees with it.

That's not simple, that's just..................well.......a lame argument. You can have your opinion man, I'm not against that, but everytime someone wants to post a concept of a FOOTBALL JERSEY that they designed and just want to show people and maybe post THEIR OPINION about the team using it, you shove your opinion down they're throat like that's the truth and not JUST your opinion. So next time someone posts a concept about a red Patriots Alt., either just post that you don't like it and leave it at that or how bout this, just don't look at them at all and you'll never have to see a red Patriots jersey, because by now we all know what your opinion is gonna be before we even start reading all the C & C because it's the same thing every time.

By now I've even forgotten who posted this concept, but whoever did, you did a excellent job and I think they would work well for the team, a team that I absolutely despise but I still appreciate a good work of art when I see it.

Peace. Word to your Motha. I'm out. Merry frickin Christmas, Happy Hanukuhkuh (sp?), where's the d*mn Tylenol.

That's not simple, that's just..................well.......a lame argument. You can have your opinion man, I'm not against that, but everytime someone wants to post a concept of a FOOTBALL JERSEY that they designed and just want to show people and maybe post THEIR OPINION about the team using it, you shove your opinion down they're throat like that's the truth and not JUST your opinion. So next time someone posts a concept about a red Patriots Alt., either just post that you don't like it and leave it at that or how bout this, just don't look at them at all and you'll never have to see a red Patriots jersey, because by now we all know what your opinion is gonna be before we even start reading all the C & C because it's the same thing every time.

By now I've even forgotten who posted this concept, but whoever did, you did a excellent job and I think they would work well for the team, a team that I absolutely despise but I still appreciate a good work of art when I see it.

Peace. Word to your Motha. I'm out. Merry frickin Christmas, Happy Hanukuhkuh (sp?), where's the d*mn Tylenol.

lisen, you dont like what i have to say, then dont read it. i dont shove my opinion down people's throats, i just lay out the facts. im not telling anybody to listen to me, and im not procliaming eternal damnation to those who disagree with me.

an other thing. dont come up with stuff like "by now we all know what your opinion is gonna be before we even start reading all the C & C because it's the same thing every time. " because you and all your 42 posts havnt been here long enough to be around when the topic was discussed before.

Archived