Patriots Alternate Concept

Chief.

i appreciate the effort, but the patriots wore blue during the revolution, and their enemies the bitish wore red. it would make as much sense as a team called the "Union" using civil war inspired logos wearing grey (the colour of the confederacy's uniforms).

Revolution-era Patriots didn't wear football helmets, football pads, jerseys, or football pants either.

Icecap, you bring up this "real patriots didn't wear red" point everytime someone posts a red Pats alternate, and it's really, really annoying. I know you try to defend history, but seriously, how many falcons are red or black...?? How many meat packers wear green and gold?? How many eagles are midnight green and silver?? And most of all...WHO THE F CARES??? It's friggin football, not History 101.

Are people really enraged that the Broncos wear navy and the Colts wear blue, but there has yet to be a horse on this planet colored that way?? Or how about the Seahawks, when there really is no such animal as a "seahawk"...does that stain your sheets, too, Icecap?

As a diehard Pats fan, I wish they would go to a red alternate. The concept above, and all of the photoshopped pictures that have been posted on this board are far superior than the silver alt they wear now.

its simple: do real falcons fight anything that is red/black? no.

do real eagles fight anthing that is green/black/greay? no.

did the real meat packers fight any body that wore green/yellow. no.

so on and so on with the regards to all the other teams you posted.

however the real patriots did fight an enemy that wore red. that is the difference.

listen, if you dont like my vies on the subject, then fine. when the subject comes up, dont read my post. but im not going to stop posting my opinion because someone disagrees with it.

That's not simple, that's just..................well.......a lame argument. You can have your opinion man, I'm not against that, but everytime someone wants to post a concept of a FOOTBALL JERSEY that they designed and just want to show people and maybe post THEIR OPINION about the team using it, you shove your opinion down they're throat like that's the truth and not JUST your opinion. So next time someone posts a concept about a red Patriots Alt., either just post that you don't like it and leave it at that or how bout this, just don't look at them at all and you'll never have to see a red Patriots jersey, because by now we all know what your opinion is gonna be before we even start reading all the C & C because it's the same thing every time.

By now I've even forgotten who posted this concept, but whoever did, you did a excellent job and I think they would work well for the team, a team that I absolutely despise but I still appreciate a good work of art when I see it.

Peace. Word to your Motha. I'm out. Merry frickin Christmas, Happy Hanukuhkuh (sp?), where's the d*mn Tylenol.

lisen, you dont like what i have to say, then dont read it. i dont shove my opinion down people's throats, i just lay out the facts. im not telling anybody to listen to me, and im not procliaming eternal damnation to those who disagree with me.

an other thing. dont come up with stuff like "by now we all know what your opinion is gonna be before we even start reading all the C & C because it's the same thing every time. " because you and all your 42 posts havnt been here long enough to be around when the topic was discussed before.

FYI, I didn't become a member as soon as I found the site. I looked around here for a while before I finally decided to join. There ya have it. I'm done on this one, have a nice day, enjoy yourself, I'm outta here. B)

As a Pats fan, I love the concept. Here is a Faulk done by someone here and a Dillon that I made:

cdillredaltsm1lc.jpg

3776.jpg

Good job. I hope they make them.

that looks sweet

I think it would look better though with a blue facemask.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Actually the US Army in the Revolution didn't have a standard uniform because of money shortages. It's true that blue was the standard coat color towards the end of the war, but troops also wore brown, green, and even some units had red.

In fact, in the Civil War some Union units wore gray and some Dirty Reb units wore blue...how's that for confusion?

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

:blink:

This thread is like waking up and finding myself living in a Salvador Dali painting...

As for the original purpose of the thread - I really like the concept and appreciate the return to red as well, particularly with the silver pants. It does sort of let the helmet come to the fore.

Not so crazy about the red jersey with the blue pants, but I don't care for the blue pants a great deal now either.

How would the shoulder striping on the shirt look if it were outlined in blue, the way the numbers are? MIght be interesting to take a look.

Altogether, really nice job on this. Thanks for posting.

"Conduct may be founded on the hard rock or the wet marshes."

As a Pats fan, I love the concept.  Here is a Faulk done by someone here and a Dillon that I made:

cdillredaltsm1lc.jpg

3776.jpg

Good job.  I hope they make them.

that looks sweet

I think it would look better though with a blue facemask.

I think the red facemask kind of makes the helmet stand out more, but could work well with blue too.

Holy christ, this has become like watching two people argue over the better Captain Kirk.

Doesn't matter who wins, you're all losers.

It's a football jersey, not a history lesson on a shirt.

A ) There are Patriots today who would represent themselves by the colors red white and blue. Red white and blue are PATRIOTIC COLORS, hence red is an acceptable color for the PATRIOTS.

B ) It's a graphic done by someone messing around at home just seeing what it would look like for his favorite football team to wear a red jersey.

C ) WHO CARES? It's football! And not even the real kind of football, either.

Holy christ, this has become like watching two people argue over the better Captain Kirk.

Doesn't matter who wins, you're all losers.

It's a football jersey, not a history lesson on a shirt.

A ) There are Patriots today who would represent themselves by the colors red white and blue. Red white and blue are PATRIOTIC COLORS, hence red is an acceptable color for the PATRIOTS.

B ) It's a graphic done by someone messing around at home just seeing what it would look like for his favorite football team to wear a red jersey.

C ) WHO CARES? It's football! And not even the real kind of football, either.

That's pretty much what most of us was trying to point out. B)

Hey, thanks for the opinions, didn't mean to start a war here...

I don't even like the Patriots, I like their uniforms. I saw some people saying the silver alternates were a mess so I took the last color on their uniform and made an alternate.

Thanks for those pics, dirtywater. Amazing.

Furthermore, I wasn't even thinking of the Revolutionary War when I made these. It's just a football uniform CONCEPT. Keep that in mind. I love American History, it's probably my best subject, and the fact is that America's colors are red, white, and blue and so are the Patriots colors. No big deal.

How bout this. From now on, how bout on this post we only discuss the visual appearance of the design and not the history of America, Canada, Guam, Laos, Zimbabwe, or any other country in the friggin world. This has gotten way outta hand and the only thing that matters is the design, a pretty kick-@$$ one if I may say so myself. So no more ranting on anybody's part, ok? (and yes that includes myself).

chief#######, sweet design and keep up the good work. B)

How bout this. From now on, how bout on this post we only discuss the visual appearance of the design and not the history of America, Canada, Guam, Laos, Zimbabwe, or any other country in the friggin world. This has gotten way outta hand and the only thing that matters is the design, a pretty kick-@$$ one if I may say so myself. So no more ranting on anybody's part, ok? (and yes that includes myself).

chief#######, sweet design and keep up the good work.  B)

Not to reignite the controversy, but to simply analyze the visual aspects of a design without giving consideration to the meaning behind it is short-sighted.

And to say that discussing, and at times arguing, about sports uniforms makes us losers, well welcome to the loser club. You signed up knowing what the site was about. If we're passionate about it, then you'll just need to come to terms with the fact that not everyone is into everything popular culture deems "cool".

There's a few ways of looking at it. The Patriots history does include a long period of wearing red jerseys. British soldiers during the Revolution were known as the redcoats, and the revolutionaries typically wore blue.

The Patriots clearly refer to the revolution-era soldiers fighting for independence. This however was more true of the team in the past... IMO the current Flying Elvii have as much a connection to Graceland as they do to George Washington, and those revolting against Britain in the 1700s could hardly have been called Patriots.

My perception is that the Pats should wear primarily blue. Although red is a part of their colour scheme and thus becomes a top candidate for an alternate jersey base colour (especially if a nod to the past is desired), I don't think it's generally wise branding for blue teams to wear red jerseys. They're typically 'opposite' colours that may exist in a scheme, but one must be dominant. Reducing that dominance isn't wise IMO...

Make any sense of all that?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Why can't somebody just say either they like it or don't...Can't we all just get along.

hay, i tried to. i even gave a reason as to why i didnt like it. then i was attacked for my opinion, so i responded.

At he risk of sounding redundant.....Bears, Dolphins,Panthers,Jags....

Artistic License....Catch It!

Contract this...."

251799582_m.jpg

I feel like i'm in history class...but the jerseys are nice although I hate the patriots, maybe red jersey red pants would work better than red jersey blue pants

Now that we have the one for the thumb, the other hand looks lonely........GO STEELERS

It seems like on one thread everyone is cursing the existence of alternate jerseys, and on the next is a concept of one. The Pats don't need an alternate jersey. They've worn that silver one maybe three times, so forget it. New England was a joke for the 30+ years of red jersey football. There's your history. As a real Pats fan, its safe to say that I don't want to see a red jersey, and that I'd rather stick to this winning tradition (Its still hard to believe) they have.

And to say that discussing, and at times arguing, about sports uniforms makes us losers, well welcome to the loser club. You signed up knowing what the site was about. If we're passionate about it, then you'll just need to come to terms with the fact that not everyone is into everything popular culture deems "cool".

I should really stop trying to talk sense to you, I can see the logic train left the station a while ago.

But I'll try anyway:

No, I'm saying that trying to turn a uniform into a history lesson and then arguing over THAT is level 10 loserish.

I'm saying that expecting a team called the Patriots who are based in a country where patriotic colors are RED white and blue to not wear RED is loserish.

I signed up for the site because I like uniforms. I like history, but that's why I have the History Channel.

It's a football jersey. It's not even a football jersey the Patriots are going to see to give consideration to use. It's a fun little experiment. Get over yourself.

New England was a joke for the 30+ years of red jersey football. There's your history.

I can say the same arguement about how in the world people like the tangerine Buccanners uniforms complete with Bucco Bruce. I don't get it. To comment on the red and then blue. A new look gives a team a new slate, a new beginning, a new attitude. So many have used that to their advantage (see Broncos in 1997, as an example.) At the same time, the throwbacks are widely popular because it salutes the team's original roots. Anyways, I'll shut up on that portion of the topic.

As for this thread, I've never had such a headache from the jabs thrown at each other. I know we take this seriously, and IceCap does make a good point and could state a theory why the Patriots went blue when they changed looks (and started the new NFL logo explosion in 1993).

For the record, I've always wanted to show this as a concept as well,I just never got around to it. It never made sense why silver was used as an alternate jersey, but hey, the Pats wanted to be unique. If they were to sell this, I could see the Pats fans going for it.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Archived