Pacific Football

sc49erfan15

After a month or so hiatus, I've returned to this project...Division-1 schools without football programs, for the suckas that don't know. :D This school is the 14th in a series, and here's the ones that I've done so far:

Winthrop

Vermont

Creighton

Marquette

Gonzaga

Charlotte

Seton Hall

Wichita State

George Mason

Bradley

UNC-Wilmington

Wisconsin-Milwaukee

South Alabama

Alright, and now...Pacific. Pacific is, in fact, the last 1-A college team to have dropped football, in 1995. The last helmet the Tigers used had "PACIFIC" in 3-D arched lettering. I assume this was before the introduction of the current logo.

PacificFootball1.png

-I knew I wanted to use tiger stripes somehow, and I didn't want it to look like I copied the Bengals' old unis. So, I tiger striped the collars and cuffs, and I really like the way it turned out.

-With the numbers, I tried to emulate the wordmark, and I liked the way that turned out as well, especially on the white jerseys.

-The pants are pretty plain compared to the jerseys, but I think I made up for that with...

-Tiger-striped socks! :D I almost had solid orange socks with tiger stripes all over, but that had the potential to be overkill.

-Considered an orange alt but scrapped it, I didn't want to create a whole new set of pants for the alternate, and as much as I like orange, all-orange was definitely a no-no.

And with that, I'll leave the rest of the comments up to you guys...I have to be up for work in a little over five hours.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

- LOVE the numbers. That's the best part, I believe.

- The pants are missing something. I think more tiger stripes could potentially be overkill, but something subtle would be perfect.

agreed... i'd put a very tiny black "broncos stripe" on the pants... not nearly as big as the broncos one, though.

just a little black jaggie, and the pants would be less plain

-Tiger-striped socks! :D I almost had solid orange socks with tiger stripes all over, but that had the potential to be overkill.

Love the socks!! The tiger striping on the collar, sleeve and numbers is also clever. Very subtle yet still gets the point across.

i vote for a single, thick black stripe on the pants, and remove the black "p" on the front...put it at the top of the black stripe as a white "p" with an orange outline...otherwise it's perfect! love the numbers!

jldesigns404eo.png

I would prefer the P logo on the helmet... other than that, AMAZING job. The tiger socks are an excellent touch and not overdone like Cincinnati. I also like how you didn't put stripes down the sides and pants... the stripes you have are perfect.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

Alright, thanks guys!

Main source of concern on this one was the pants, so I followed Cole's suggestion and added a small Broncos-style stripe, and I agree, it looks much better.

PacificFootball2.png

Once again..thanks!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Please do Drexel. They don't have a football team (or a couple of others..) And i would love to see my (future) school colors on a football jersey.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

• 4 months later...

Archived