Iowa Oaks

RoughRiders9

A cool thought, and some pretty nice deisngs. How did you come up with the name "Oaks"?

There was an old minor league baseball team based in the Des Moines area in the 60's and 70's that were called the Iowa Oaks. This is what they would look like today if they were still around today, but as a MLB team (in my little dream world :-) )

IowaOaks.png

Someone did an Iowa Oaks concept a month or two back, it's similar to yours, but less modern. You should check it out.

That was me, lol. I just upgraded the concept to be a little more modern... and I added a BP and an alt for both home and road.

IowaOaks.png

This is a truly beautiful set. Simple, great color scheme, fantastic logos. In fact, I can't even think of any tweaks that would actually improve this. Maybe a little more navy on the powder blue throwbacks, and some powder blue on the cap to match those jerseys. But all in all, a fantastic concept. A+++

scotland_fifasig.png

I LOVE the color scheme of this concept. My old High School's colors were blue and gold, and I have attempted a 'New' Major league team with these colors as well. You do a great job coming up with original logos and a beautiful uniform set. There is no glaring weakness in this set at all. Excellent job! I would have to say this is the best concept you have ever come up with. Keep up the good work and I look forward to more great work like this from you in the future.

I've added two jerseys that are for a one-day special for Mother's Day and Fourth of July.

In my little dream world, after the game that the jersey has been worn, the players will take off the jersey and give it to the fan on-field. During the game, the fans can auction on their favorite player and bid for their game-worn jersey. On Mother's Day, the money will go to the Breast Cancer Funding, while the Fourth of July money will be toward the families who have troops stationed in Iraq or around the world. On 4th of July, the fans can also bid for the game-worn caps as well.

Mothers-Day-Set.png

4th-of-July-Set.png

IowaOaks.png

• 2 months later...

After seeing the Media Guide for the New Orleans Admirals, I've decided to include mine for the Iowa Oaks in here.

So let me know what you think.

The Iowa Oaks Media Guide

Owner /President: Michael Gartner

General Manager: Sarah Breen

Stadium: Farm Bureau Field (Capacity= 32,000 standing room only)

Spring Training Field: Tucson Electric Park (Tucson, Arizona)

Colors: Navy Blue, Gold, White

----

Media Outlets

TV: FOX Midwest

Newspaper: Des Moines Register

----

Affiliates

AAA- Pacific Coast League - Kansas Wheat (Topeka, Kansas)

AA- Tennessee League - Clarksville Roots (Clarksville, Tennessee)

A Advanced- California League - Napa Valley Vines (Napa, California)

A- Midwest League - Sioux Oaks (Sioux City, Iowa)

Short Season A - Pioneer Baseball League - Black Hills Spruces (Rapid City, South Dakota)

Rookie - AZL Oaks

Feel free to leave comments on the Media Guide and the uniforms as well. Thanks!

IowaOaks.png

Glad to see I sparked an idea for you. As your Iowa Oaks concepts sparked my idea for the Admirals. I really like all the names. I like that you related all the team names. As for the Kansas Wheat, I'd tried like Wheat Kings or something along those lines. Because Wheat just doesn't sound right to me.

jNTsTyQ.png

I like that you picked Sioux City for an affiliate because we are in desperate need of a good baseball club. Our current team is the Explorers and they play in an independent league.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Since someone bumped it up and I didn't see it the first time, you need to get rid of the Cap logo (and where it shows up in the wordmarks) and replace it with the secondary logo. That cap logo doesn't make sense when it is very similar to the far superior Secondary logo.

Archived