Random soccer concepts

chestnutz

So high school ended for me this past thursday, feels extremely weird, and I have loads of time on my hands now that, well, there's nothing to do. So with that, I decided I was in the soccer mood after having worked on the World Football League media guide for a while. Seeing as fantasy can only give you a fix for so long, I'm moving to real teams. These are just random clubs that I decided to do and inspiration struck, there's no order to any future ones I may do. Requests are always considered though.

1. Arsenal FC

The club I support, I was a fan of the Gunners look this past season. However, I still think they should go back to traditional white sleeves, which is what I did here on the home, and went back to gold accents like they had a few years back. (Note: I don't have the current EPL font, so if anyone has the numbers and letters, that'd be great) Stylized short stripe and matching socks. For the away, I've long though they should go back to a yellow/navy combo, so it's just the home kit outfitted in those colors. The new Nike cylinder things that they've been putting on the world cup teams are on the sleeves.

arsenal-1.png

2. Tottenham Hotspur FC

Arsenal's arch rival in London, I was inspired by the leaked 10/11 home kit for the Spurs. I took that idea and ran with it, put my own little spin on it, and added a faded bird on the shoulder in that space, which is similar to what Puma did with the African jerseys. I decided to change the sponsor to British Airways. Not much else to say.

tottenham.png

Kit template thanks to switchimageproject

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So high school ended for me this past thursday, feels extremely weird, and I have loads of time on my hands now that, well, there's nothing to do. So with that, I decided I was in the soccer mood after having worked on the World Football League media guide for a while. Seeing as fantasy can only give you a fix for so long, I'm moving to real teams. These are just random clubs that I decided to do and inspiration struck, there's no order to any future ones I may do. Requests are always considered though.

1. Arsenal FC

The club I support, I was a fan of the Gunners look this past season. However, I still think they should go back to traditional white sleeves, which is what I did here on the home, and went back to gold accents like they had a few years back. (Note: I don't have the current EPL font, so if anyone has the numbers and letters, that'd be great) Stylized short stripe and matching socks. For the away, I've long though they should go back to a yellow/navy combo, so it's just the home kit outfitted in those colors. The new Nike cylinder things that they've been putting on the world cup teams are on the sleeves.

arsenal-1.png

2. Tottenham Hotspur FC

Arsenal's arch rival in London, I was inspired by the leaked 10/11 home kit for the Spurs. I took that idea and ran with it, put my own little spin on it, and added a faded bird on the shoulder in that space, which is similar to what Puma did with the African jerseys. I decided to change the sponsor to British Airways. Not much else to say.

tottenham.png

Kit template thanks to switchimageproject

Love em, Maybe Liverpool next?

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.pnglucassig-1.pngAgger.jpg21l0u9i-1.png

Number Font.. It's far from perfect, but with some modifications it will get the job done.

As for the concepts, I really like them. Arsenal has a nicely updated yet classic look, and the road set looks very nice. Tottenham also looks very nice, and I love the sublimated logo on the shoulder. Good work so far!

TDZiMMB.png

I love both of these, your Arsenal shirts and a lot better than what they are currently wearing, the white curve at the shoulder also gives them a really interesting feature. The shorts are also original and modern too. A return to yellow for their away strip is due too and this would be wonderful to see, the touch of white you've used makes this a great shirt IMO.

Spurs is also wonderful, but I prefer the Puma logo on the shoulder like in the leak I don't think the asymmetrical design works as well other wise. The collar on this is an improvement on what they've got coming too. Is their writing next to the collar on the right side of the shirt? Also the shorts are a great idea to keep with the asymmetrical design of the rest of the shirt.

KUTGW I wish more people would get bored like this.

good job. I like how the Spurs kits look like without their red sponsor.

I like that Arsenal away a lot (especially the color combination)

As for your Tottenham kits: Is there something written in the smallish sash above the club logo?

Ask and ye shall receive!

3. Liverpool FC

Really went with a retro theme here, since I love the old adidas logo and I guess I just let that carry over to the kits themselves. Typical adidas 3 stripes everywhere, with horizontal faint stripes on the jersey, the liverbird by itself on the chest, using the new sponsor, retro Adidas font even, and a sublimated "YOULL NEVER WALK ALONE" pattern on the bottom/back of the jersey. Brought back yellow as an away color, which they haven't used since 05 (been using a lot of white/black, and I would've done that since I thought it would've looked real nice, but ManU's away kit this year is white shirt black shorts, and I just couldn't have them matching).

liverpool.png

spacer.png

Very nice! Although, yellow shirts with white shorts/socks (or vice versa) always bother me for some reason. I think it would look better all-yellow. I've also liked it when they use yellow kits with green trim...just a thought!

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

3. Liverpool FC

Really went with a retro theme here, since I love the old adidas logo and I guess I just let that carry over to the kits themselves. Typical adidas 3 stripes everywhere, with horizontal faint stripes on the jersey, the liverbird by itself on the chest, using the new sponsor, retro Adidas font even, and a sublimated "YOULL NEVER WALK ALONE" pattern on the bottom/back of the jersey. Brought back yellow as an away color, which they haven't used since 05 (been using a lot of white/black, and I would've done that since I thought it would've looked real nice, but ManU's away kit this year is white shirt black shorts, and I just couldn't have them matching).

liverpool.png

Almost reminds me of the old Philadelphia Fury jersey...

Fury%2078%20Home%20Jersey%20Brooks%20Cryder.JPG

Not bad though... interesting with the bird by itself... also its a shame they don't have the Carlsberg sponsor anymore... it just looked so nice on the jersey compared to the new sponsor.

Really like these... looking forward to seeing more.

USMNT-1.png

3. Liverpool FC

liverpool.png

I love it, away kit is superb. Wish Liverpool would wear that.

Thanks for the comments guys.

4. Manchester United FC

Went A BIT out on a limb here. I didn't like how ManU emphasized black in their most recent home kit at first, but it really grew on me and I really became a fan of it, so I went with that here. I was inspired by Georgia Bulldog's football stripes, using the triple stripe on the shoulders and down the sides. New sponsor Aon for the 2010/11 season. MUFC with devil on back of jersey above name. Slightly modified crest, with a black shape behind the shield and banners. Stuck with blue and white for clash, with the same striping and some alternating pinstripes to differentiate it a little bit. New Nike cylinder things on sleeves as well. That's about it, let me know what you think! Not sure who I'll do next.

manchester-united.png

spacer.png

My personal opinion is that those are miles better then the new Man U kits being shown around the net as "leaks". I do agree that you could make it even better by reversing the colors of the home numbers though, but all told well done...now when will we see the rest of those WFL kits :P

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Aight, here we go with the nationals (perhaps more to come?)

5. United States of America

Notes:

-Most stuff is explained in the presentation

-Controversial choice: picked to use USSF instead, because I thought it was more unique to just the soccer team, rather than USA, which any team could use really

-Went for a 50's feel, making the crest simple because the red and white stripes and blue stars are instantly recognizable, nothing else is needed really

-Instead of using navy and dark red, I chose royal and a lighter red

-Gold trim used sparingly

united-states.png

spacer.png

Aight, here we go with the nationals (perhaps more to come?)

5. United States of America

Notes:

-Most stuff is explained in the presentation

-Controversial choice: picked to use USSF instead, because I thought it was more unique to just the soccer team, rather than USA, which any team could use really

-Went for a 50's feel, making the crest simple because the red and white stripes and blue stars are instantly recognizable, nothing else is needed really

-Instead of using navy and dark red, I chose royal and a lighter red

-Gold trim used sparingly

united-states.png

wow!!! :unclesam:

now if I'm really looking for something that could be tweaked, the crest could be even better (13 red & white stripes definitely, but the stars... idk 50 might be too small)

great job overall and I'd love to see you do some more national team concepts!

Archived