Random soccer concepts

chestnutz

Aight, here we go with the nationals (perhaps more to come?)

5. United States of America

Notes:

-Most stuff is explained in the presentation

-Controversial choice: picked to use USSF instead, because I thought it was more unique to just the soccer team, rather than USA, which any team could use really

-Went for a 50's feel, making the crest simple because the red and white stripes and blue stars are instantly recognizable, nothing else is needed really

-Instead of using navy and dark red, I chose royal and a lighter red

-Gold trim used sparingly

united-states.png

wow!!! :unclesam:

now if I'm really looking for something to tweak, the crest could be even better (13 red & white stripes definiely, but the stars... idk 50 might be too small)

great job overall and I'd love to see you do some more national team concepts!

This is a really attractive kit. Honestly, I think you could do without the red stripe on the blue short. I don't like the crest much, but crests are not really the primary focus of the kits.

I've always thought of doing a red/white hoop shirt with dark blue shorts and red/white socks for the USA. Then maybe a dark blue shirt with red, white or grey shorts and dark blue socks for a change.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im sorry, but the bright colors just dont work. Navy and dark red have become synonymous with US National Teams in recent years, and rightly so. I mean, that IS whats on the flag, plus it just looks alot better. Right now it feels more French or some other red white and blue country other than the US.

I'd ditch the stripes on the shorts, or, rather, make the shorts match the shirts on both kits. At least just the white. Granted, you run the risk of looking like England (though right now it does anyway), but all white just looks so much classier, IMO.

Don't get me wrong, overall still a great kit.

oBIgzrL.png

The blue really needs to be navy. It's more associated with the USMNT, and it is the shade on the flag of the country which your crest is homaging. I like the USSF idea, but it seems very generic and create-a-team style crst right now, and I think a big part of that is the colors. While I'm not a fan of the current US crest, I don't think yours is an upgrade, merely a leteral move.

Needs navy and crimson red.

bright colors look bad on this layout Imho

Yeah... thats my major complaint... gotta use the darker colors of the flag... the bright colors just don't work that great. Looks great outside of that. Crest wise I also agree it is a bit generic... could use some tweaking, but I do like the 11 stars for the 11 men on the field, its a good compromise for the unrealistic inclusion of more stars or a seemingly meaningless number of stars.

USMNT-1.png

It's a very attractive looking kit: I love the light blue and red together.... But as others have said, it seems like the colors should match the red and blue from the flag.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Well, took y'alls advice and changed it to a dark navy. I actually realy like how it looks. The gold pops much more. My intention was the crest was for it to be generic/overly simple, since like I said, that's all the USA really needs. I decided to keep the red stripes on the shorts, since they looked extremely plain and needed some red to balance it out.

united-states-navy.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Love the simplicity of the US kits. I think you could still darken the red to more of a crimson like used on the DToM uniforms but regardless, the whole presentation looks great.

Minor nitpick, you forgot to change the color of the numeral to navy on the clash shorts :P

You sir, have made the best US concept I've ever seen. Thought I'd seen it all with the bright colors (which I still love), but the navy looks phenomenal! Will be tuned into the World Cup of course. If you're American, you had better watch and support the Yanks! :D

Excellent.... Looks awesome after the color change... phenomenal kit.

The only idea I have crest wise would be maybe incorporating the bald eagle over top of where the stripes are? I know your going for simplicity, and it does look good, but it is almost too boring for my own personal tastes... I think adding something like that could put it over the top.

Maybe a simplified version of:

usa.jpg

USMNT-1.png

I love these! In my opinion, they are way better than your first attempt and look much more "USAish". The only improvement I can think of is to switch the small horizontal stripe on the home kit to navy and on the clash kit to white. I don't really like such "big" areas of gold. For me, it looks more precious if you only use it for small details.

By the way, the numbering on the clash shorts is still the old color.

Dark Navy US Version is much better!

It's nice to have the sash clearly visible on the white kit. the watermarkings inside the sash is a cool idea.

I'd prefer it in this case if the shorts match the socks and kit.

I'm not a fan of the logo, it reminds me too much of the NFL one.

Don't have a problem with the USSF name tough.

Still thanks for doing the concept.

Here we go again

6. Netherlands

-Kept the "K.I.S.S." theme again here, as Holland really just needs an orange shirt and not much else

-Notice these aren't too different than the ones they're currently rocking in the world cup, since I love how the orange pairs with the black

-Since Nike HAS been rolling out these simple, one color stripe designs, I did that here

-Almost went white for the clash, but I always think royal blue when I think of the Dutch (after orange of course) because I always see blue track jackets of theirs. Why not make that the clash?

-Had a couple designs that focused on the Dutch flag, but scrapped them cause I thought it just looked weird on orange

holland.png

spacer.png

Here we go again

6. Netherlands

-Kept the "K.I.S.S." theme again here, as Holland really just needs an orange shirt and not much else

-Notice these aren't too different than the ones they're currently rocking in the world cup, since I love how the orange pairs with the black

-Since Nike HAS been rolling out these simple, one color stripe designs, I did that here

-Almost went white for the clash, but I always think royal blue when I think of the Dutch (after orange of course) because I always see blue track jackets of theirs. Why not make that the clash?

-Had a couple designs that focused on the Dutch flag, but scrapped them cause I thought it just looked weird on orange

holland.png

I don't think their has ever been a bad Dutch orange kit so I'm not going to touch that yours is great.

But I am going to comment on the clash. That is totally what the dutch should rock I hated that sky blue they used for the European Championships, Blue and Orange totally work well.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Why do the dutch have a French flag on their collars?

It isnt a french flag. The french flag goes Blue-White-Red. Those are also the colors of the dutch flag wich goes (vertically) Red-White-Blue, so it isnt the dutch flag, but it is the colors.

RockiesSig.png

Well, took y'alls advice and changed it to a dark navy. I actually realy like how it looks. The gold pops much more. My intention was the crest was for it to be generic/overly simple, since like I said, that's all the USA really needs. I decided to keep the red stripes on the shorts, since they looked extremely plain and needed some red to balance it out.

united-states-navy.png

Any significance to the number of stars & stripes?

I'd add a couple more stripes, to make it 11. (For the number of players on the field?)

And maybe a couple more stars (13 for the original 13 colonies.)

(Or even the other way around; the stars could represent the USA's 11 'star players'. And 13 stripes like the current flag for the colonies.)

Anyway, I really don't pay much attention to soccer, but these kits you've made have been beautiful thus far, especially this U.S. set.

Great job, and I'd love to see more.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Totally didn't even make the French flag reference, my bad.

Thanks for the comments guys, still appreciate some more.

Here's the next international concept.

7. Argentina

-Hard to get TOO creative with Argentina on the home at least, but I did try to make it a little different

-Went with a really dark, almost black navy, since I think it works so well with their white and sky blue stripes, and it's the perfect clash kit color

-Tried to add some flair with the sun on the back of the jersey, think of what Nike has been doing with their college bball uniforms (and adidas has some with some soccer kits)

-Made some changes to the crest

argentina.png

spacer.png

Wow, that Argentine kit is so good, I'd actually consider buying one (and as that's an Englishman talking about an Argentina kit, you know it's high praise. I do like the new crest and love the super dark navy. My only thought would be to slightly darken the Vegas gold as the clash shorts look extremely washed out with the pale gold on white. That's the tiniest of Nit-picks though.

Archived