NHL outside the box. (NORDIQUES added)

72freebie

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be interesting, but could you please start pasting the pictures directly into your thread. Instead of hitting the hyperlink button, click on the tree/polaroid picture two to the right of it. Paste the url into the box that opens. Violá.

when I do this it shows a small box with an x in it and will not work. Help please, Buffalo is done and the first defunct team will be up tomorrow

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

Should be interesting, but could you please start pasting the pictures directly into your thread. Instead of hitting the hyperlink button, click on the tree/polaroid picture two to the right of it. Paste the url into the box that opens. Violá.

when I do this it shows a small box with an x in it and will not work. Help please, Buffalo is done and the first defunct team will be up tomorrow

Use imgur. Photobucket doesn't work on here for some reason (most likely because photobucket is a page with a gallery as opposed to imgur which gives you an actual link to a jpg.

I was able to do it without a problem:

defunct_zpsdd533cec.png

In photobucket, there is a heading called Share Links to the right of the image. Click on the Direct Link button (that should copy it) then paste that into the dialog box that opens after you click the tree-in-the-polaroid button. If it doesn't automatically copy it for you, just select the entire link and copy that. Here is a visual:

2014-12-29at420PM.png

award%20sig.png

• 2 weeks later...

I really like where you are going with all the concepts, and I appreciate the time and effort you have put into them. But, in my opinion, and I'm generalizing all 30 teams, they are all too busy. They remind me of European teams with some sort of logo or wording covering nearly every square inch of the uniform. As I said, I like where you are going, and I really like the St. Pats concept, but, too many shamrocks for my liking on the alternate. And the shamrocks are too big on the home and away. Smaller and less of them and I would buy all three jerseys if they were for sale.

Busy or not, this series definitely has my interest. Particularly since Whalers, Nordiques and, North Stars concepts are forthcoming. The St Pats and Arena's actually look pretty restrained compared to most of the entries in this series.

Busy or not, this series definitely has my interest. Particularly since Whalers, Nordiques and, North Stars concepts are forthcoming. The St Pats and Arena's actually look pretty restrained compared to most of the entries in this series.

A lot of the defunct really old teams are going to be not as crazy because the logos are very primitive and there is only so much I can do to make it outside the box

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

If I can be honest, some of these are really good (i.e. Chicago home, Anahiem home), some have potential, and some just don't work well.

Some of these feel a bit phoned in (Arena's, Leaf's) and a little lazy.

I really like the NYR home and away, but the striping on the back with the name is very distracting and an eyesore.

Remove that, and you are good.

Also, please don't add 4+ of the same exact logo on the arms.

It's not good.

Massive logos on the arms just feel like they are missing substance.

Buffalo's grey saber(?) doesnt fit well into the whole design, and the piping just makes it look worse.

Keep it simple, don't add TOO many logos, go crazy with the logos, combine the right colours, and you should be all good!

3aKTw5y.png

Favorite teams: Dynamo Moscow, Detroit Red Wings, Jokerit, Manchester United, Kitchener Rangers

Archived