Funkatron101's NBA (Grizzlies logo revision, Page 4)

Funkatron101

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clippers-2_zpse49d3f28.jpg

1. Made the red a little more orange.

2. Embellished the wave.

3. Attempted to add some perspective to the anchor.

4. Replaced year with compass.

all 4 steps are steps in the right direction.

wave needed some work, and now it's perfect. And don't mind us saying this looks like a soccer logo, it's not a bad thing. Personally I like this approach

CgWPTYS.jpgaPH2PVF.jpg

I like the bevelled edge.

On a larger or embroidered application the bevel would look really sharp.

Perhaps for black and white or smaller usage the bevel could be eliminated...Maybe you'd have 2 versions.

I think this is far better than what they have now.

It really suggests the nautical theme that the Clippers name is all about.

Very nice!

Remove the bevel

I have the native file at home, but this is a quick photoshop of it without the bevel. I think it looks better, personally. Although the anchor looks a little plain now.

clippers-nobevel_zps5710cd80.png

Very nice logo (once again!). I'm just not sure about the beveling because I have to agree with you that the anchor indeed looks a little plain now. That's no big deal at all because the logo still looks great, but I have to say it looks better with it.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Remove the bevel

I have the native file at home, but this is a quick photoshop of it without the bevel. I think it looks better, personally. Although the anchor looks a little plain now.

clippers-nobevel_zps5710cd80.png

Very nice logo (once again!). I'm just not sure about the beveling because I have to agree with you that the anchor indeed looks a little plain now. That's no big deal at all because the logo still looks great, but I have to say it looks better with it.

I'm going to try and do some detailing in white instead. I think that will achieve some definition without the need of adding another color. White, red-orange, light cyan, cyan. That should be enough.

Soo...I just can't leave things alone. My original idea was to create a logo with an actual clipper ship. Then I realized how complicated they actually look, and while I think the Tampa Bay Bucs do a pretty good job with their pirate ship, it still seems pretty busy. Too busy for what I had in mind.

I got the inspiration bug to take another crack at it. Still aiming to keep it pretty simple. Let me know what you think.

Clippers-boat_zps1dcac54a.jpg

In an effort to keep the colors down to four, I ditched the cyan and kept the light cyan.

Soo...I just can't leave things alone. My original idea was to create a logo with an actual clipper ship. Then I realized how complicated they actually look, and while I think the Tampa Bay Bucs do a pretty good job with their pirate ship, it still seems pretty busy. Too busy for what I had in mind.

I got the inspiration bug to take another crack at it. Still aiming to keep it pretty simple. Let me know what you think.

Clippers-boat_zps1dcac54a.jpg

In an effort to keep the colors down to four, I ditched the cyan and kept the light cyan.

place basketball lines in the sun and you have a great logo

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

You've done a great job on the ship, Funk. No complaints...

But my vote goes to the anchor.

It's such a cool, iconic, simple shape.

The Clips should take ownership of it.

Again, nicely done...great series.

Well, I am toying with this for the secondary..

Clippers-secondary_zpsf26ce170.jpg

brilliant-o.gif

Archived