Funkatron101's NBA (Grizzlies logo revision, Page 4)

Funkatron101

Timberwolves: Embracing the green

A few years ago, the Timberwolves (my team) ditched green from their uniforms and most of their marketing materials. One of my biggest pet-peeves with the NBA, and sports marketing in general, is how dominant the color blue is. I would love to see that change.

First things first. I LOVE the Wolves secondary logo. There really isn't a whole lot that needs to be changed. Therefore this is just a small revision and promotion as the Wolves primary logo.

timberwolves_zpse594536a.jpg

Also here is a uniform I recolored a while ago to go with the idea:

green-front.jpggreen-back.jpg

I've never been a fan of the current Wolves color scheme. Firstly, the shade you used is a different one that the Celtics have, so that wouldn't cause a problem. Secondly, it's a nice vibrant look now – totally different than their current, pretty bland design. In my view it's definitely an upgrade!

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First thing I thought of was the aurora borealis in the night skies of northern Minnesota. I'm posting from my phone so I can't post an image so forgive the link but http://www.fredsullivan.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/aurora-borealis-manitoba-canada.jpg

Even better now!

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

First thing I thought of was the aurora borealis in the night skies of northern Minnesota. I'm posting from my phone so I can't post an image so forgive the link but http://www.fredsullivan.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/aurora-borealis-manitoba-canada.jpg

I was thinking the same thing, after it was expressed that it "needs" to be a certain color. The night sky can be full of many different colors.

Reigning in the Bull

It was just to difficult for me to deviate from the bulls logo. I had too many fond memories of Jordan and Pippen as a kid. With that said, it certainly could use some "freshening up." I adjusted some line widths, removed unnecessary elements, and generally tried to make it a little more "fierce."

Bulls_zpsa6988bfe.jpg

I love these logos. I wouldn't listen to any negative criticism so far. People need to realize that you're remaking the logos. All the logos. The Bulls have the best logo in all of sports, and personally I think you made it better. What I don't like about their logo are the unnecessary lines and the logo you did definitely cleaned it up.

I also love that you're making logos like the Clippers and Lakers more modern. I wouldn't consider them a downgrade at all.

Anyway, would love to see you tackle the Celtics next if possible.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

I love these logos. I wouldn't listen to any negative criticism so far. People need to realize that you're remaking the logos. All the logos. The Bulls have the best logo in all of sports, and personally I think you made it better. What I don't like about their logo are the unnecessary lines and the logo you did definitely cleaned it up.

I also love that you're making logos like the Clippers and Lakers more modern. I wouldn't consider them a downgrade at all.

Anyway, would love to see you tackle the Celtics next if possible.

Thanks! I appreciate the vote of confidence.

I'm actually redoing the Clippers logo next. That was one I did a long time ago. I would like to ditch the RWB scheme and the round ball in favor of a different shape. Then I may tackle the Nuggets.

There are a few on the list that I'm waiting for an "Ah ha!" moment. Celtics are one of them.

Clippers: A New Era.

While I thought my original logo for the Clippers was an upgrade, I felt it lacked personality. It was yet another basketball with a wordmark slapped on. BORING. I originally wanted to create a clipper ship, but it seemed so overwhelming and busy. New colors, new logo, and possibly now uniforms on the horizon.

clippers_zps8421e344.jpg
Edit: MY photobucket account is acting up. This image is randomly appearing and disappearing for me.

While I thought my original logo for the Clippers was an upgrade, I felt it lacked personality. It was yet another basketball with a wordmark slapped on. BORING. I originally wanted to create a clipper ship, but it seemed so overwhelming and busy. New colors, new logo, and possibly now uniforms on the horizon.

clippers_zps8421e344.jpg

Edit: MY photobucket account is acting up. This image is randomly appearing and disappearing for me.

It's there for me and it looks great! I really like the red & powder blue together.

Reigning in the Bull

It was just to difficult for me to deviate from the bulls logo. I had too many fond memories of Jordan and Pippen as a kid. With that said, it certainly could use some "freshening up." I adjusted some line widths, removed unnecessary elements, and generally tried to make it a little more "fierce."

Bulls_zpsa6988bfe.jpg

thank you for your quick response! this is what I wanted to see... nothing radical, just a slightly modern version of a great logo! P.S. I did too enjoy watching Jordan, Pippen and my fellow Croat - Kukoc when I was a kid :)

clippers_zps8421e344.jpg

I like this logo a lot! There's only one complaint, I think this would work better for a soccer team :)

CgWPTYS.jpgaPH2PVF.jpg

Well it's very well done and I love the idea and presumed thought process, but this just SCREAMS soccer crest. Especially with the "EST. 1984". I would honestly go a different rout with this one.

I really, really like your Bulls update though. Nice subtle changes to bring it into the modern era.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I like the update to the Bulls logo, it keeps everything that's good about the current one while strengthening the lines. The only thing I would suggest is adding something to the snout area. I feel like it's a bit too plain as is, and could use something horizontal (Like how the current logo has has the arc).

I agree with the statement that this Clippers logo is a fantastic crest. I'm not sure if it would fit in with other NBA logos though, it looks more like it belongs in soccer

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

It was intentional. I'm frankly tired of the standard shapes of both sports. Time to shake it up a bit.

Also, when thinking about the Clippers, clipper ships and specifically their Sand Diego logo, I got to thinking about yacht clubs and upper-class society. So the crest shape seemed like a no brainer to me. Especially since I wanted to get away from another round logo.

I think the Clippers logo is awesome!! They really need a new one. It doesn't scream soccer to me at all. I agree that it looks more like a yacht club crest. And the anchor gives it a little US Navy look. Great job. My only suggestion is to get rid of the "Est. 1984". I think it would look cleaner without it. Can't wait to see the uniform! Nice job

I think the Clippers logo is awesome!! They really need a new one. It doesn't scream soccer to me at all. I agree that it looks more like a yacht club crest. And the anchor gives it a little US Navy look. Great job. My only suggestion is to get rid of the "Est. 1984". I think it would look cleaner without it. Can't wait to see the uniform! Nice job

I can certainly get rid of the date. I was iffy on it myself. I also want to try and match up the San Diego red-orange a little more. I thought I was close, but it looks a little too red.

Archived