JT's Concepts: Atlanta Hawks Unis

JTswag187

In case you guys didn't know, the reason I was off the boards was that the computer I use for concepts was getting fixed. Now that that is out of the way, I'm back to making concepts. As you guys know I previously had a series called NFL International, I may return to that sometime but for now that is inactive. Currently I won't be doing any series, instead I will be doing individual concepts. Whenever I make a concept, I'll post it here.

Anyways my first concept back is the Philadelphia Eagles. As of now I feel the Eagles unis are outdated. However the helmet is beautiful (especially in day games), and the logo is perfect... plus I love Midnight Green. Every time I see anyone talk of the Eagles unis, I always hear that kelly green should come back. As you heard me say before I love midnight green. So instead of choosing between the two, I used both. The striping you see below is a modern take on the Ron Jaworski era striping. I also made the helmets much more reactive to sunlight.

15926429885_a47985ca07_z.jpg

Colors used:

Kelly Green

Midnight Green

Silver

Black(with blue tint)

White.

Let me know what you think

At first I really didn't the there blue/greens, but it's really grown on me. I think the midnight green mono would look beautiful. The helmet definetly would look really weird with that Kelly jersey though. It wouldn't be as bad with the white jersey. The number font is good, but I think it needs to be more vertically even. I really like the striping and the updated logo.

Too many colors. Overkill. Great uniform otherwise.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I'd throw the Kelly out if I were you (I know personally how tempting it is to try to use that and midnight but it never seems to work). If I were you, I'd focus on the midnight green set with the blue-black pants, white pants, midnight pants, and silver pants with a matching away jersey and alternate (blue-black or silver maybe)? Maybe the Kelly can be a really nice throwback or modern day interpretation on a throwback.

The more I look at this, the more I like this actually. The number font needs to be more even, the white pants need some midnight somewhere I them to tie the Kelly jersey together with the helmet and accents on the jersey, and I think u should have a silver pants option. Also seeing a whole view of each individual jersey option would help me give you more C&C. Overall very nice though.

I don't know. It kind of has that feeling like with the Chargers that they can't make up their mind whether to be a powder blue or a navy blue team and that by using both, you achieve neither goal. Trying to please everybody but actually pleasing nobody. I would personally prefer midnight green OR kelly green and not both together.

My opinion seems to be in the minority though as you have got some positive comments so far.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

How about neither Midnight or Kelly? Maybe Forest Green or Emerald Green

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

• 3 months later...

I've had this concept stored in my computer for a while, and felt it was time to share it. Some of you may remember my "If football was in the Olympics" thread. Well I'm not sure if I want to do a second version of that series or something similar. But I do have a second version of USA, which is what I'm showing you guys today. The reason I never updated Philadelphia was because I didn't feel it needed one from the feedback. Almost all of the feedback was about whether people liked the color scheme or not, which is an endless debate with the Eagles. The reason I didn't add silver pants was because I wanted to stay within the NFL's rules (as stupid as they are), which only allows for three pants. Anyways here's USA Football.

16846611681_aefe228c3c_b.jpg

16846613121_a0c433930b_b.jpg

Really good use of the nike template there on the USA uniforms. Also like the sublimated stars on the bottom of the pants and the shoulders. Most patriotic uniform around (Murica!!)

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

I believe in Auburn and love it!                                                 @RealTCutt                                                                            Colossians 3:23

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't updated the USA football sets because all the feedback (or lack of) was positive. I'm still taking feedback on USA football so let me know what you think of those. Anyways here are some Atlanta Hawks concepts, I decided to use a richer shade of gold for the trim to avoid having a similar color scheme as the Rockets.

16375494083_109a4aede2_b.jpg

16788209527_6c9a0afd7e_b.jpg

Archived