Sportscenter Format Change

NJTank

Apparently Sportscenter has decided to change from a wide ranging look at the night in sports to the Lakers news hour. Becaus ethats all they do now. Will they get COach K, here comes Rudy T, where will Shaq go?, Kobe in Court Kobe at th baseball game, Kobe the free agent, Kobe better then Jordan Kobes house

Kobe this Kobe that, Karl Malone retiring Karl Malone not decided yet.

ENOUGH

:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

A-friggin-men

I'm sick of the damn Lakers. Even when they got their sorry, spoiled arses handed to them in the Finals, no one wanted to talk about how the Pistons outplayed the Lakers. It was "How could the Lakers allow this to happen?," "How to Payton and Malone feel now?."

WHO GIVES A PLOP?!?!?

And the NBA wonders why their ratings are down. Maybe because they'd rather stuff a bunch of indiviuals down our throat rather than actual teams. People don't just remember the Celtics for Larry, or the Showtime Lakers for Magic, or the Bad Boy Pistons for Isiah, they also remember them for the supporting casts on those teams and how everyone would get a touch of the ball when it was brought down the court.

But that style of ball is gone. Good ol' naive head up his arse David Stern caught a few whiffs of Michael Jordan and now thinks he can market star players as if they didn't have teammates... yo, Stern... Michael's the EXCEPTION, not the rule. People paid particular attention to him because he's (all respect to Wayne Gretzky) the greatest athlete of our time. Everyone in the world except for you seems to realize that Kobe will never be MJ, Shaq will never be MJ, Iverson will never be MJ and not even LeBron will ever be MJ.

Maybe Stern, and the media need to start listening to what people want instead of telling them what they want... ya think?

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

We need a Lakers/Yankees channel those types of morons can watch, then a 'everybody else' channel where real sports news of interest can air.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

We need a Lakers/Yankees channel those types of morons can watch, then a 'everybody else' channel where real sports news of interest can air.

GOOD IDEA!!!

Bah Gawd, they're acting like the Lakers WON the thing, the way they're covering them... All this junk we've heard about the Lakers, and I don't even think anybody's been talking about The Pistons or the fact that the Hawks are THIS close to Kenyon Martin {I Hope :P }

But anyways, enough with the doggone Lakers :cursing:

Isn't FoxSportsNet there? Why don't you guys try that? I mean, I was a lot happier when I switched from mainly TSN (TORONTO Sports Network :P ) To Sportsnet East. Got all my national highlights, and extra Canadiens stuff.

Habs, Fox Sports Net (or what the hipseters call FSN, with their not exactly "Fox Attitude" logo and graphics) canned their news report in 2002, along with their regional reports for the regional networks not O&O by Fox. The company was reportedly putting more money into Fox News Channel and though Tom Arnold is more important than news on the Best (CENSORED) Sports Show Period.

I have said it once and I'll say it again. When ESPNBA got the NBA, outside NFL its NBA this, Lakers that. And it's not even SportsCenter either! Pardon the Interuption, and also I'm not kidding Around..............THE HOOOOOOOOOOOORN. PTI was talking to a Miami sports reporter at the property formally known as Joe Robbie Stadium about the latest rumor: Shaq to the Heat for two players.

GIVE IT UP! One reason why I'd love to be in Canada right now. I wouldn't have to wait on the little bottom line to hear about Brian (not Rian, according to ESPN's Bottom Line) Rolston to the Wild, or Mike Ricci ( say it ain't so :down: )to the Coyotes or the shocking news that a player actually wanted to go to the Pittsburgh Penguins in Mark Recchi (with two C's not one ESPN.)

It is so :cursing: ovious that while they boast about having all 4 major sports (plus MLS) that they couldn't give a rat's @$$ about hockey or anything else. And for that matter, getting back to SportsCenter, what's with playing these games with analysts? Take your pick, Fact or Fiction? It's a spit in their face doing this crap. Or are you stupifying it for the little kids so they get addicted to the place we used to call SportsCenter, not LakerCenter or Anti-NHL SportsCenter.

COME BACK FOX SPORTS NEWS!!! Oh wait! I don't want that. At the 10:30 show, they always had an "exclusive" interview with Shaq after the Lakers game. Doesn't Fox have partial ownership of the Lakers and Kings?

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

ESPN News is fairly good they give you just highlights without the glitz of SC, but they still have allot of Laker coverage too. I understand covering the story, but when its 5 and 6 segaments in a hour show its time to take a step back.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

And another thing

Whats the deal with these ESPN25 shows.

Whos Number 1 is one of the worts produced and edited shows I ever seen.

Everytime they comeback from comercial they go over the entire list again, with these weirdo who look like they came from a mental hospital banging a drum or luaghing or smiling, along with cheerleaders.

Im comeon if you watch the first 10 mins they come back from commercial and they are doing 25-20 again, we dont have the small attension span do we.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

well they had at least 35 minutes of coverage on coach k considering to decide to start thinking about possibly interviewing for the lakers, they had an interview with him, a story about some duke students letter, another interview with stephen a smith (a man who i loathe by the way) talking about coach k and the lakers, and then the very next story is about Shaq and what team might Shaq go to.

I hate it, all I want to see is my reds highlight and other teams in the race.

and i agree about the espn 25 show, for biggest blunder bill buckner wasnt number one, he wasnt even on the list, there are no blunders without bill buckner

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Hey , if this is going to help bring down the popularity of NBA, it's a good thing in my book.

I think the "thug-life" mentality, "me-first" attitude, and high scoring games in the 60s have been doing that already.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Hey , if this is going to help bring down the popularity of NBA, it's a good thing in my book.

I think the "thug-life" mentality, "me-first" attitude, and high scoring games in the 60s have been doing that already.

That is the real problem in the NBA JP, but many are afraid to say it.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

I feel the same way with here in Canada and TSN. My god the biggest story of the night could be, "Mats Sundin Sneezes on bench!".

Oh and by the way the Patriots won the superbowl, and back tot he main story......

I feel that in the US its too much NBA and here its too much NHL

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

I feel the same way with here in Canada and TSN. My god the biggest story of the night could be, "Mats Sundin Sneezes on bench!".

Oh and by the way the Patriots won the superbowl, and back tot he main story......

I feel that in the US its too much NBA and here its too much NHL

I'd MUCH rather have too much NHL than too much NBA.

What do you mean many are afraid to say it? Everytime I turn around some middle-aged middle-class white guy is whining from his perch about how these "thugs" are ruining the NBA, yet never exactly elude to what they mean by "thug." (After all, only the most shallow of people would think NBA players would have the time, or even want to be real "thugs", right?)

Methinks it's become just another thinly veiled code word to suggest black inferiority and the jealousy of certian people.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

What do you mean many are afraid to say it? Everytime I turn around some middle-aged middle-class white guy is whining from his perch about how these "thugs" are ruining the NBA, yet never exactly elude to what they mean by "thug." (After all, only the most shallow of people would think NBA players would have the time, or even want to be real "thugs", right?)

Methinks it's become just another thinly veiled code word to suggest black inferiority and the jealousy of certian people.

No, I wouldn't say that. I think what they mean by "thug" is the criminal element in the NBA.

No, I wouldn't say that. I think what they mean by "thug" is the criminal element in the NBA.

I might buy that, except the criminal element is nothing new to sports and I hardly ever hear white players referred to as "thugs".

Case in point... Bill Romanowski. Easily the dirtiest player in the NFL but he never gets characertized as a thug. Or what about the kid from Ohio State (I forget his name) who crushed Jim Sorgi's throat with his forearm? That was a "thuggish" act, but I never heard that word used to describe it.

You want old school... I give you Bill Lambeer (who even endorsed a Super Nintendo game called "Combat Basketball"), often held up as the dirtiest player of the 80's, but never called a thug.

Add to that, the first time I ever heard the word "thug" describe an athlete was when the Fab Five came to Michigan, I don't see why anyone can't at least see how others find a racial conotation in it.

snappers_sig.gif

It's becasue there of course is a racial conotation in it, the modern use of the word is essentially refering to rappers with "tough" images. And there aren't many white rappers, eh? I mean, the term has always been used for criminals/vandals, etc.; but "street" stereotypes prepetuate the word as only to those with street cred. Thus, Iverson's a thug, but Lambeer would not be one.

I mean, take hockey as an example. I think Darcy Tucker is the dirtiest player in sports. But I don't call him a thug, because he has no connection to the (Stereotypical, of course) street life. I just call him a cheap bastard, not a thug.

So, in essence, the term is just associated with iner city gangs. I just think it's kinda a misunderstanding in that most given street cred aren't white.

Archived