Uniform Gripe with Football Movies

pianoknight

Moneyball was really good in historically accurate uniforms.

Mr. 3000 on the other hand bugged me. Because in the beginning of the movie it what was supposed to be the the mid-90s the Brewers (and who they played I forget who it was) had uniforms they were currently wearing AND played in Miller Park which didn't exist at the time.

Mr. 3000 on the other hand bugged me. Because in the beginning of the movie it what was supposed to be the the mid-90s the Brewers (and who they played I forget who it was) had uniforms they were currently wearing AND played in Miller Park which didn't exist at the time.

Well, it would've been awfully difficult to rebuild County Stadium for just maybe 20 minutes in a movie.

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

Well, it would've been awfully difficult to rebuild County Stadium for just maybe 20 minutes in a movie.

Ever heard of CGI?

Ever heard of CGI?
Of course not. He's a Gamecock

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Ever heard of CGI?
What's that supposed to mean? I'm not sorry that USC is one of the premier public universities in the south with the best IB program and the best public honors college. And, yes, I'm damn proud to be a Gamecock.

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

Ever heard of CGI?
What's that supposed to mean? I'm not sorry that USC is one of the premier public universities in the south with the best IB program and the best public honors college. And, yes, I'm damn proud to be a Gamecock.

Learn how to take a joke.

Ever heard of CGI?

Learn how to take a joke.
This.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

IIRC, far as Mr. 3000 goes, the Brewers were wearing their 94 unis in that early scene, but had plain block names and numbers rather than the Germanic font. And as far as recycled uniforms, I recall the Twins' unis from Little Big League being reused (or maybe extras, given all the unusually high numbers) in Major League:Back to the Minors (seems like I'm one of the few people who'll admit to liking that one), complete with the LBL grandpa's memorial patch.

The uni gaffe that annoyed me was the aforementioned Durham Bulls in the Rookie, though the tidbit about all that being screened on is new to me (and if anything, doubles the annoyance). The main thing was that that particular Bulls uni was pinstriped IRL, but the movie version used solid white instead. Nothing on the inexplicably way-off manner in which video gaming's still represented on shows and movies, but then we aint GameFAQs.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

One thing I thought I noticed in Moneyball was the showing of Beane with the 1986 Twins. The blue visor on the batting helmet looked really light in color. I cannot find a photo. It looked almost royal. Here's what it actually looked like. Maybe I am wrong.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived