Continental Hockey Federation (Washington Added)

JerseyJimmy

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OKLAHOMA CITY TORNADOES

Established: 1979-80 Season (as Denver Dynamite; relocated in 2000)

Garand Cups: 0

Finals Appearances: 2 (1983-84, 1987-88)

Arena: Paycom Arena, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (Capacity: 19,186)

Three Famous Players: Marcel Dionne, Phil Housley (current head coach), Tuukka Rask (current)

Current Captain: Mark Giordano
Goal Song: "Tornado of Souls" - Megadeth

Mascot: Twister (a tornado in goalie gear)

Minor League Teams: Colorado Avalanche (NHL), Tulsa Barons (AHL)

OKCTornadoes_zps8uufghrb.png

53Ocz8U.png

I'M JUST CHECKING IN HARPERK

There's no need to "check in". They will be released one at a time, with a varying amount of days in between. Maybe I will get crazy and have multiple teams in one day. It could be a week. Please do everyone a favor and embrace the mystery and suspense.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Guest darkpiranha

Love the primary. But I have to ask, are those supposed to seem like planks of wood? I took that as a yes, and I like it, because I always imagine flying pieces of wood (or houses made of wood) being flown asunder.

I don't mind the wordmark on the one sleeve being sideways, but it seems like a pretty random sort of design element. Significance?

I don't mind the wordmark on the one sleeve being sideways, but it seems like a pretty random sort of design element. Significance?

No significance...Jimmy just really wanted an asymmetrical sleeve design so I tried to make it work.

And that design wasnt supposed to be wood. just wanted something that kind of conveyed motion, and went with that...

Love the primary. But I have to ask, are those supposed to seem like planks of wood?

Hey, it's all up to the viewer. I like the way you think, personally.

I don't like the wordmark on the sleeve, especially since it's on its side.

I meant it as sort of a tribute to the Atlanta Thrashers (and I loved those jerseys, so shut up). Besides, not every jersey is going to please everyone. Every league has its Mighty Ducks as well as its Buffaslugs, yeah?

53Ocz8U.png

Very interesting take on the Tornadoes logo, certainly not what I expected. At first, I was thinking "that's a little too...blocky", but the more I looked at it, the more I really liked it. It works in it's own way and I feel it really stands out from all the other tornado/twister logos in sports. Very, very good job on that design!

The one critique I think I have is that on the brown jersey, the numbers are a little too dark and I think get lost against the brown. Maybe a white or some sort of lighter color would look better.

Great stuff all in all! LOVE this series!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Guys, this is a great series, truly is, and I love your work. I don't chime in to say.... wow neato... or when is the next one, and the next one, and the next one.... but I have been following closely.

Buffalo Soldiers.... Coming from an Army Vet's perspective, and trust me, I know this is only a concept, purely fiction, and yes the uniform and logos are beautiful... but no. In the same regard that certain people find the Cleveland Indians and Washington Redskins offensive, this too ranks right up there. Buffalo Soldiers in another term used for "Negro Cavalry".

Now... if you were to change up the logos, and tie Buffalo Soldiers (not as the historical reference) to near by Ft. Drum and the 10th Mountain Division, I think that could work!

Again, great work guys, I now for a fact that you are not attempting or trying to be derogatory in this sense, but just needed to get that off my chest again as the perspective of someone who has served in the Armed Forces.

DLWatt.png

Guys, this is a great series, truly is, and I love your work. I don't chime in to say.... wow neato... or when is the next one, and the next one, and the next one.... but I have been following closely.

Buffalo Soldiers.... Coming from an Army Vet's perspective, and trust me, I know this is only a concept, purely fiction, and yes the uniform and logos are beautiful... but no. In the same regard that certain people find the Cleveland Indians and Washington Redskins offensive, this too ranks right up there. Buffalo Soldiers in another term used for "Negro Cavalry".

Now... if you were to change up the logos, and tie Buffalo Soldiers (not as the historical reference) to near by Ft. Drum and the 10th Mountain Division, I think that could work!

Again, great work guys, I now for a fact that you are not attempting or trying to be derogatory in this sense, but just needed to get that off my chest again as the perspective of someone who has served in the Armed Forces.

Funny... I also served and didnt know it was offensive at all. I guess in the same way Tuskegee Airmen is viewed. Maybe I will refine it and PC it up a bit. That would bring realism to the series at least!

Funny... I also served and didnt know it was offensive at all. I guess in the same way Tuskegee Airmen is viewed. Maybe I will refine it and PC it up a bit. That would bring realism to the series at least!

Its just one guys perspective, that's all. Why not keep the Soldiers name and have a 10th Mountain outlook on the team?

DLWatt.png

Love OKC's tornado logo. While not intentional, the "planks of wood" look really works and gives off a western vibe. Really like the hem design as well. I kind of agree with FinsUp on the home numbers, though I'm not sure how white would look without white in the rest of the uniform.

Thought I'd do each of the current remaining teams' NHL and AHL affiliates.

New Jersey: South Jersey Devils (Atlantic City, NHL), Binghamton Turbo (AHL)

Charleston: Savannah Thrashers (NHL), Myrtle Beach Stingrays (AHL)

Detroit: Lansing Red Wings (NHL), London Werewolves (AHL)

Quebec: St. John's Nordiques (NHL), Hamilton Bulldogs (AHL)

New York: Nassau County Islanders (Uniondale, NHL), Providence Rangers (AHL)

Montreal: Montreal Canadiens (Laval, NHL), Manchester Monarchs (AHL)

Boston: Worcester Bruins (NHL), Vermont Jackals (Burlington, AHL)

Vancouver: Hartford Whalers (NHL), Tacoma Thunderbirds (AHL)

Milwaukee: Minnesota Wild (St. Paul, NHL), Wichita Thunder (AHL)

Chicago: Indianapolis Blackhawks (NHL), Peoria Rivermen (AHL)

Buffalo: Rochester Sabres (NHL), Albany River Rats (AHL)

Virginia: Hampton Roads Admirals (Virginia Beach, NHL), West Virginia Alley Cats (Charleston, AHL)

Nova Scotia: Syracuse Crunch (NHL), Maine Pirates (Portland, AHL)

Los Angeles: Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (NHL), San Diego Gulls (AHL)

Memphis: Nashville Predators (NHL), Mississippi River Kings (Jackson, AHL)

Atlanta: Tampa Bay Lightning (Tampa, NHL), Florida Panthers (Miami, AHL)

San Antonio: Dallas Stars (NHL), Omaha Phantoms (AHL)

Las Vegas: Phoenix Coyotes (NHL), Idaho Steelheads (Boise, AHL)

Louisville: Columbus Blue Jackets (NHL), Cincinnati Cyclones (AHL)

53Ocz8U.png

Harper, Jimmy, is there any chance there's going to be a spin-off thread for the affiliates of the CHF? Just wondering...

I have no intention of doing more beyond the 40 CHF clubs. It's already a bit overwhelming to be honest. I have bit off more than I can chew. (Although I am very determined to finish)

KANSAS CITY KNIGHTS

Established: 1965-66 Season

Garand Cups: 3 (1965-66, 1970-71, 2006-07)

Finals Appearances: 5 (1965-66, 1969-70, 1970-71, 2005-06, 2006-07)

Arena: Sprint Center, Kansas City, Missouri (Capacity: 17,544)

Three Famous Players: Norm Ullman, Rick Nash (current), Gump Worsley

Current Captain: Rick Nash
Goal Song: "Knights of Cydonia" - Muse

Mascot: Sir K.C. (a medieval knight)

Minor League Teams: Springfield Scouts (NHL), Little Rock Naturals (AHL)

KansasCityKnights_zpsadjzgcfh.png

53Ocz8U.png

Archived