Continental Hockey Federation (Washington Added)

JerseyJimmy

That's one of my favourite "modern" style sweaters I've seen in a while. Coincidentally, the Thrashers had pretty good "modern" style too. I think this one is fantastic too- I'd love to see some progressions of these teams sweaters through history- I can just imagine an over the top early 80's Swarm logo and yellow and black striped sweater!

Maybe some throwbacks will show up over time...

53Ocz8U.png

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First updated team...
-Most said the logo was a little too hard to easily make out the "M", so I changed that up a bit.
-Also, removed the sublimated forest and went with the plaid there as well.
-Road collar is now dark green with the bright green trees.
Original: http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/315design/CHF/MilwaukeeLumberjacks_zps12d25e52.png
New:
MilwaukeeLumberjacks2_zps86dxafdc.png

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

First updated team...

-Most said the logo was a little too hard to easily make out the "M", so I changed that up a bit.

-Also, removed the sublimated forest and went with the plaid there as well.

-Road collar is now dark green with the bright green trees.

Original: http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/315design/CHF/MilwaukeeLumberjacks_zps12d25e52.png

New:

MilwaukeeLumberjacks2_zps86dxafdc.png

This is better. My only complaint now is that you seem to have emphasized the silver in the logo, but the rest of the uniform features more tan. I would either change the logo to include more tan/light brown or change the NOB, number details, striping, etc. to silver/gray.

award%20sig.png

Another needed update, this time for Quebec. I felt it was the most unfinished looking of the early teams I did.
-Darker purple
-Added a teal color, hoping to make the uniform pop more.

-New striping pattern
Old: http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/315design/CHF/QuebecGriffons_zps8184ecb2.png
New:
QuebecGriffons2_zpsrqqdjbmd.png

SAN ANTONIO MISSIONS

Established: 1979-80 Season

Garand Cups: 0

Finals Appearances: 1 (1985-86)

Arena: Whataburger Arena, San Antonio, Texas (Capacity: 20,592)

Three Famous Players: Bryan Trottier, Daniel Alfredsson, Devan Dubnyk (current)

Current Captain: Kevin Shattenkirk
Goal Song: "Texas Flood" - Stevie Ray Vaughan

Mascot: Sting (an anthropomorphic scorpion; shared with the NASL's San Antonio Scorpions)

SanAntonioMissions_zps8e6fht1r.png

Fun Fact: Before the opening of Whataburger Arena in 1994, the Missions played at the Alamodome for the 1993-94 season. During a regular-season game against the Charleston Aviators, the recorded attendance was 35,821. Excluding special outdoor games, this is the highest attendance mark in CHF history. On another stadium-related note, Whataburger Arena, aside from a fully-functioning Whataburger in the main concourse, is commonly said to have the best concessions in the league. The arena is famous for its chili and Tex-Mex cuisine.

53Ocz8U.png

Are you guys aware of the Triple-A baseball team named the San Antonio Missions? It may not matter, just asking. Aside from that, this is a great concept. I like both logos and the home jersey a lot.

Fear the future, envy the past

I have to say that most of the updates are in fact better - the only one I prefer the older is the Nitro. However, with these updates, it almost makes the original version seem a little older. So the original Nitro look could be 2006-2013 and this latest one is 2013-Pres type of thing. Same goes for New York, the original one looks 1960's where the new one is a cleaned up version... so there is that. The Quebec one is hands down the nicest update.

I see that I am in the minority for this one, but count me as not a fan of the Quebec update. When I see those colors paired together with a fleur-de-lis, I struggle to not make the association with New Orleans. Does it look good? Yes, yes it does, but not for a Quebec team. But I do think it was a good idea to move the more serifed numeral font

I see that I am in the minority for this one, but count me as not a fan of the Quebec update. When I see those colors paired together with a fleur-de-lis, I struggle to not make the association with New Orleans. Does it look good? Yes, yes it does, but not for a Quebec team. But I do think it was a good idea to move the more serifed numeral font

Yeah I thought the same thing about New Orleans immediately after I finished it. Maybe I'll try out a different scheme later down the road...

Whoa San Antonio Missions concepts are looking very nice but it is much closer to Dallas Stars' colors. I was just thinking why not maroon instead of forest green? I dunno, it is just a thought.

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

Are you guys aware of the Triple-A baseball team named the San Antonio Missions? It may not matter, just asking. Aside from that, this is a great concept. I like both logos and the home jersey a lot.

I think this is fine. It steps away from names like Defenders, gunslingers and Rangers. If you had to change it you could go with a rodeo theme as they have one of the best known rodeo competitions in the region.

Whoa San Antonio Missions concepts are looking very nice but it is much closer to Dallas Stars' colors. I was just thinking why not maroon instead of forest green? I dunno, it is just a thought.

Maroon or cardinal with the lighter green would be a pretty good look.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Maroon or cardinal with the lighter green would be a pretty good look.

Actually Maroon or Cardinal might be better along with Vegas Gold/Black/White mix is what I think it will.

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

Archived