Continental Hockey Federation (Washington Added)

JerseyJimmy

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dig it. The logos are both really sharp, and I like the focus on red and silver. And the uniforms remind me of these...

ankh.jpg

...which I like. Definitely a unique (in a good way) look.

Not gonna lie, those were what gave me the general idea.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Holy gradient, Batman!

Also, may I ask from where that football jersey is?

No don't say gradient, that's a very bad word! It's supposed to be a somewhat shiny metallic flake material...so the "gradient" is just the way I tried to simulate lighting.

• 2 weeks later...

ST. LOUIS PIONEERS

Established: 1947-48 Season

Garand Cups: 6 (1957-58, 1978-79, 1979-80, 1980-81, 1981-82, 1982-83)

Finals Appearances: 8 (1957-58, 1959-60, 1968-69, 1978-79, 1979-80, 1980-81, 1981-82, 1982-83)

Arena: MasterCard Center, Jennings, Missouri (Capacity: 24,095)

Three Famous Players: Wayne Gretzky, Jakub Voracek (current), Andy Moog

Current Captain: Jakub Voracek
Goal Song: "Rock And Roll All Nite" - KISS (Used continuously since the 1979 Cup run.)

Mascot: None

Minor League Teams: Peoria Blues (NHL), Des Moines Boars (AHL)

StLouisPioneers_zpsl1ih4e55.png

53Ocz8U.png

Thanks guys! Also, I have to note, the off-white/cream color isn't supposed to be too far off from plain white. I noticed on my phone today that it looks waaay closer to khaki than it does on my PC monitor. Just something to keep in mind. Its supposed to be somewhat like the SF Giants home uniforms, just for reference.

Man oh man. I echo PaperThin's sentiments- love this series and at first glance I think this is my favourite. Love that font, love that colour scheme, love the striping, love the classic yet sophisticated logo. Absolutely nothing bad to say.

Credit to font goes to Conrad, along with a handful of previous ones now that I think of it... This one is the Georgia Bulldogs font, I just modified it with the Tuscan style.

That primary St Louis logo is an absolute beauty. Great job! I do think removing the top and bottom stripe on the uniforms and allowing the logo to extend above and below the striping would be an improvement. But all around great work throughout this series.

That primary St Louis logo is an absolute beauty. Great job! I do think removing the top and bottom stripe on the uniform as and allowing the logo to extend above and below the striping would be an improvement. But all around great work throughout this series.

I'd agree. Now that I see it, the chest stripe is a tad too big...

WASHINGTON PRESIDENTS

Established: 1947-48 Season

Garand Cups: 2 (1952-53, 1961-62)

Finals Appearances: 6 (1948-49, 1950-51, 1952-53, 1960-61, 1961-62, 1979-80)

Arena: Marriott Pavilion, Washington, District of Columbia (Capacity: 20,582)

Three Famous Players: Bernie Geoffrion, Brent Sutter, Al Rollins

Current Captain: Dustin Byfuglien
Goal Song: "Hey Man, Nice Shot" - Filter

Mascot: None

Minor League Teams: Baltimore Bombers (NHL), Annapolis Capitals (AHL)

WashingtonPresidents_zpsdsmkqgct.png

53Ocz8U.png

For this logo I will note that it came heavily inspired in the beginning by a Tennessee Vols logo modernization done by our own mcrosby back in 2013. It always stuck with me for some reason. So when I was looking for ideas for a George Washington logo, I thought of the old Vols logo that I had always been fond of, then immediatley my brain went to mcrosby's version. Anywhooo, I started playing around using his logo as a reference to see if there was any potential. When I started liking the progress, I messaged him and showed him what I had and showed him a few updates after.

Here is a link to that old thread: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/93177-tennessee-volunteers-logo-concept-v2/

Here is a early version of my logo:
washingtonpresidents1_zpspedc7lzu.png

Archived