Adidas Nor Cal Endurance World Championship

biscuit faces of them

dwx2yf.jpg

Here's the deal. Leaving the bulls one as just unis. Seeing as I'm doing Motorsports threads I had an Idea. A GT Endurance series in my hometown of San Francisco called the Adidas Nor Cal Endurance Championship. In this logo the colors on the two circles represent the two classes. Green is the SC (Sports Car) and Purple is the GTP (GT Prototype Ill be posting factory teams but will be taking requests on Satellite teams for each of the cars. For those also wondering about WRL. This is a thread to help me hone my Motorsports design skills. definitely will get back to it soon.

Now here are the factory teams I am doing

GT Prototype

Audi R8 LMS

BMW Z4 GTE

Chevrolet Corvette C7.R

SRT Viper

Ford Mustang Shelby

​Honda NSX GTP

Nissan GT-R

Mercedes Bens SLS AMG

Sports Car

Toyota GTSR

Porsche 911 RSR

Bentley Continental GT3

Mazda 6 GT V8

Ferrari 458 Italia

Acura TLX

Aston Martin V8 Vantage

I will be doing all these factory teams plus

(Porsche)

Team Falken Tire

(Corvette)

Action Express Racing

visitflorida.com Racing

Wayne Taylor Racing

(Ford)

US Air Force Racing

I will also be taking requests for other Satellite teams as well so please feel free to request a team that's not listed for those cars.

Requests so far

Ford:

Samsung Racing

Best Buy Motorsports

Ferrari:

Air Italia Motorsport

Corvette:

National Guard Racing

28ahpn4.jpg

NbyQSAg.pngODa02WA.pngChTDCVV.png

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your logo needs a lot of work as it stands. The gradients give it a mid-90's effect that doesn't translate to modern design at all. For a modern racing series you want strong, solid colors that compliment each other and contrast well. Look at all the NASCAR series logos and notice how they all utilize minimal colors (ignoring the actual NASCAR logo) and strong use of type. By this, I mean colors like black and yellow for the Sprint Cup logo, for example. For your logo I think sticking to colors like navy, green, and white could begin to pull this together. Think Seahawks sans gray.

If you're going to put outlines on the stars or anything else they need to be much thicker. Right now they're just barely there and would be difficult to impossible to distinguish at any smaller size or greater distance.

The Barcelona font isn't really working for this. You'd be better off with a more solid font, like Gotham or Futura that could compliment the Adidas logo well.

You have the right intentions, you just need to get your execution there.

TDZiMMB.png

Definitely an improvement from your previous work. I agree, the gradient does not look good, this would look much better in solid colors. I would probably go purple with a green border. Take out the gradient on the stars as well, and as JimmyN64 said, they need a thicker border. I think the font gets too cluttered with the white border, I think you should take it off and make the font either white or green. Finally, I think it would look better if the Adidas logo was shrunk down enough to fit inside the circle.

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

Definitely an improvement from your previous work. I agree, the gradient does not look good, this would look much better in solid colors. I would probably go purple with a green border. Take out the gradient on the stars as well, and as JimmyN64 said, they need a thicker border. I think the font gets too cluttered with the white border, I think you should take it off and make the font either white or green. Finally, I think it would look better if the Adidas logo was shrunk down enough to fit inside the circle.

Well I was trying to incorporate the two class colors into the logo in equal parts. But I do get what you are saying. Also I was experimenting with all the fonts I got from @Conrad

Ill revamp and improve on it. Do you have a request for a sattelite team

28ahpn4.jpg

That's still a lot of gradients, the adidas logo is off center and the colors are just random. Since this is racing championship logo, I'd incorporate something that has to do with racing, like a checkered flag or even have the logo slanted in a way. Right now it doesn't look like it has anything to do with racing.

u3J7jjd.png

71md6c.jpg

Almost forgot. You kinda can't race without a track

Just to give everyone a heads up. The bleeping inkscape program is not doing the tracing/drawing thing well at all, don't get me wrong I've been improving/Learning but when I want to do one thing it does the complete opposite. GIMP doesn't work on my computer nor does PAINT.net so basically i'm screwed no matter what. I apologize in advance. Hope you like the set. and again FEEL FREE TO REQUEST. DON'T THINK I WON'T LISTEN TOO THEM

28ahpn4.jpg

FEEL FREE TO REQUEST. DON'T THINK I WON'T LISTEN TOO THEM

And like i said you can request teams not listed for the cars. Don't think I won't take requests.

Do you have a request for a sattelite team

Also like i said before. feel free to requests teams not listed

I will also be taking requests for other Satellite teams as well so please feel free to request a team that's not listed for those cars.

Boy...sounds like you really want someone to request a car.

Not trying to come off as an ass or anything but are you ever not going to use gradients? It's not working on any of your designs and although it won't fix the issues you have, it makes it less irritating on the eyes. I'm assuming those strange coloured boxes are seats? If anything should be a gradient it would be those (but please don't). A green or dirt coloured background would make the most sense. I don't see how the program won't allow you the make a continuous line with equal width.

I really think you should use a new program instead of always blaming it for issues.

Not trying to come off as an ass or anything but are you ever not going to use gradients? It's not working on any of your designs and although it won't fix the issues you have, it makes it less irritating on the eyes. I'm assuming those strange coloured boxes are seats? If anything should be a gradient it would be those (but please don't). A green or dirt coloured background would make the most sense. I don't see how the program won't allow you the make a continuous line with equal width.

I really think you should use a new program instead of always blaming it for issues.

first off you didn't come off as an ass at all. Second on some of the paint schemes I use it for a metal affect. Third this is the first time I have EVER blamed the program for issues and finaly I was trying to create a seating chart with a cool background. Thanks for the input though

FEEL FREE TO REQUEST. DON'T THINK I WON'T LISTEN TOO THEM

And like i said you can request teams not listed for the cars. Don't think I won't take requests.

Do you have a request for a sattelite team

Also like i said before. feel free to requests teams not listed

Boy...sounds like you really want someone to request a car.
well duh. You can't have a race with just 15 cars in endurance racing

28ahpn4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

HAve you learned nothing from suspension? You just came back, and then got right back to spamming "YES!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!".

If I may request a fictional player:

José Kantas

American

Ford

Sponsored by Lowe's, AT&T and Walmart.

Lots of blue

tinysig.jpg

Archived