Northern Ireland soccer kits.

chipper12

I am from NI and was disappointed with adidas latest offer for us so i gave it a go myself.

First up home kit

The kit features the traditional green and white along with some st patrick's blue.

The kit had a sublimated logo (a feature of my favorite ni kit ever) and the saying "our wee country" is along the bottom of the kit. This saying is one seen all over out home ground and is said with a certain amount of pride especially when we beat england.

c0qrl.png

Spoiler

icsd9c.png

NI BANNER 2.png

Just in time for st patty's day

Tell me, how is this comment useful/helpful at all?

I'm not a big fan of the Home kits. The sublimation is a bit much, id rather see some patterning instead.

The clash is quite nice though, however it still may clash with the home.

I'd agree that the sublimation on the home is a bit heavy, I think if it was made a bit more subtle it would work better.

Also, on the home shirt the little crest on the back is half on the body, half on the collar which looks a bit odd. I think you'd be fine to maybe remove it, given that the crest is present on the sublimation further down.

On the away, I'd try making the Adidas stripes on the sock turnovers the same colour as on the rest of the kit - to me it looks odd having them white on blue when they're light blue on blue elsewhere. Adidas would of course have them white on the shirts and shorts so they're more noticeable, but that's them. ;)

I think they're decent efforts though. Stuart Elliott would look good in one. :D

Just in time for st patty's day

Tell me, how is this comment useful/helpful at all?

Especially given that Saint Patrick's Day is a Catholic observance, and northern Ireland is still Anglican (as part of the United Kingdom, I don't know what people practice).

On to the concept! I would definitely rather see at least the home have a pattern or other identifying feature that the team could claim as their own, rather than the sublimation in the corner.

EDIT: Not related to the concept, but I looked into it, and it appears that the majority of Christians in Northern Ireland belong to the various Protestant denominations. Interesting.

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

Overdone with the badge. You have it on the chest, on the inside collar, back of the shirt collar, Subliminantion of it on the back and front of the shirt and on the side of the shorts.

glory10.png

On the away kit, I would make all the stripes the same color. You've got the brighter blue on the jersey and shorts, but white on the socks. In all honesty, adidas probably wouldn't hide their stripes that much anyway, so I would just go with white throughout.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Incorporating Giants Causeway is a cool idea, but your application of it needs more depth. Right now, it comes off as honeycomb.

Try giving the shapes a 3D appearance, overlapping them, or varying sizes, perhaps.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Love the update, wasn't a fan of the original. But this jersey looks great, try also inputting the same design into the shorts to add a little flavor.

It will be greatly appreciated if you can tell me from were you got the template, and if it is .psd.

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

Thanks have a new idea for the away so will post it tonight.

As regards template I just outlines the football kits on the sports logos database on inkscape so have no idea what format they r in.

Spoiler

icsd9c.png

NI BANNER 2.png

Archived