San Jose Skates AHL Concept

DatsyukianDekes6

This is a quick concept I threw together. As everyone knows, the AHL is coming to San Jose, and the team isn't going to be named the Sharks (if they were, what would it be, little sharks?). The Skates is a perfect name for two reasons: A skate is is an animal that is related to sharks, and there was an RHI team located in Oakland named the Skates, which was the basis for the logo I put on these jerseys.

skates_home.png

skates_road.png

I figured you based it off the same reference as I did. I only used the flow of it but changed the body and head. Just surprised someone else came across the same reference image.

Not sure where you got that logo from, it looks pretty close to my Hull Stingrays concept last year.

No use claiming he borrowed your design when one of your supposed logos is the Tampa Bay Rays logo with serifs on the fins and tail.

Kettle meets pot.

At no point did I say he was borrowing my design. I said that I'm surprised someone used the same reference so relax. I also mentioned that the secondary logo of mine was the Devil Rays - as it was one of my first designs and i started by tracing logos to get a feel and then grew/learned from there - so you aren't doing anyone any favours repeating what I already said.

Nice try though.

Archived