if colleges had their state on their football helmet

Hd1graphics

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see the hype.

1. Grammar is atrocious and small things like leaving out capitals or forgetting periods drives people away.

2. It appears the image thing has been cleared up but whatever website you were using for your images had pop ups when I open them on my phone.

3. Please stop with the constant bumping by asking if it's good.

4. This is the important one; there really is no creativity here. Google search a state outline. Copy or trace it. Copy and paste onto template. Google search college sports logo. Copy and paste to template. Some states can use their state shape because it fits with the design. Idaho does not work on a helmet. Colorado and Wyoming would look like rectangles. I understand what you are trying to do here but there's no originality, creativity or effort going into these.

I don't get it some of u are asking me to. E creative and some are saying they don't like and I should use a classic design

They are saying to incorporate the state outline better. Don't just copy & paste the school logo on the state, it's very lazy.

1. Grammar is atrocious and small things like leaving out capitals or forgetting periods drives people away.

2. It appears the image thing has been cleared up but whatever website you were using for your images had pop ups when I open them on my phone.

4. This is the important one; there really is no creativity here. Google search a state outline. Copy or trace it. Copy and paste onto template. Google search college sports logo. Copy and paste to template. Some states can use their state shape because it fits with the design. Idaho does not work on a helmet. Colorado and Wyoming would look like rectangles. I understand what you are trying to do here but there's no originality, creativity or effort going into these.

So much this. I appreciate the effort you put into your advice. This advice applies to so many others who have recently discovered the forum. There is a reason I took over a year before I posted my first concept. I trust the OP will improve, but a deluge of sloppy work only causes others to ignore your work or (worse) rubberneck as if at traffic accident.

Pay attention not to what is on Instagram or other sites, but to the people who are well respected here. Imitate them. There's not a one- look at who received the Creamer awards- who is sloppy with grammar, writing or throws work together instantly. Good work will attract attention, and you won't HAVE to ask for C&C.

/fin

So much this. I appreciate the effort you put into your advice. This advice applies to so many others who have recently discovered the forum. There is a reason I took over a year before I posted my first concept. I trust the OP will improve, but a deluge of sloppy work only causes others to ignore your work or (worse) rubberneck as if at traffic accident.

Pay attention not to what is on Instagram or other sites, but to the people who are well respected here. Imitate them. There's not a one- look at who received the Creamer awards- who is sloppy with grammar, writing or throws work together instantly. Good work will attract attention, and you won't HAVE to ask for C&C.

/fin

thanks so much and that's very good advice

Guest darkpiranha

The title of your post is still not quite correct

what do u mean and if all ure going to do is correct my title then why bother look at this concept!

It may seem like a trivial detail, but honestly it is of up-most importance if you want people to take your work seriously. Just trying to help you out, that's all.

As long as we're helping people out, it's "utmost", not "up-most". First off, upmost doesn't have a hyphen in it, and secondly, upmost refers to the uppermost something, such as the floor of a building.

Guest darkpiranha

/fin

thanks so much and that's very good advice

This IS all very good advice, and part of your growth will be learning what the expectations are, both in this forum, and in the 'industry'. I'm going to have to assume that your age is probably part of it, as a rough guess would peg you at about fifteen. While that may seem like you should get a pass for being young, as you'll see once you've spent some time here, there are plenty of young'uns who take this seriously and put in the necessary effort to get better and who are some of the most exciting designers here. Just look at some of the great work by TheGiantsFan (http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/102197-hand-drawn-soccer-drawings/?hl=%2Bhand+%2Bdrawn). He takes it seriously, puts in the effort to make his work better, and listens to the feedback given. He was only 14 or 15 when he started.

So my suggestion to you is to SLOW DOWN. Before you post your next design, go look at any of the threads or designers that have been suggested here. Extensively, not just a five minute zip through a couple of pages. See how they post their work, how they present their ideas, how they ask for feedback. More importantly, how they IMPLEMENT that feedback.

When people ask for feedback, get that feedback, and then seem to completely ignore that feedback, all while posting stuff so fast that we know they couldn't have taken any time in creating it, that makes people here very frustrated.

You've got a really neat idea as the basis of a series of designs. You need to spend a LOT more time exploring it. Take just ONE state/team, and come up with a bunch of different concepts for bringing this idea to life. There are tons of different helmet/logo styles in the various leagues around the world. Do some research (I suggest exploring the vast resources of a little site called Sportslogos.net) and see if there are some out-of-the-box ways of doing your idea. College teams every year trot out a huge variety of wacky designs. Maybe one of those will lend itself beautifully to states and logos. But you won't find out unless you do your research and create some interesting variations. Some will be terrible, some will be ingenious.

Good luck. We're watching!

• 4 weeks later...

sorry about all the requests i had been working on this and wanted to finish it after this i will do all the requests my apologies it also took me awhile to post because i was on spring break and couldnt make helmets

here is ohio university

after all requests i will do white ohiokgS8kST.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived