If NBA expanded again, what city

hubsportsfan17

Maybe KC. Big city without a winter sport. Or Louisville, seems like a perfect NBA Market

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

I would guess they would move to somewhere in the midwest, probably Louisville because of the rich NCAA college basketball in Kentucky. It worked for North Carolina more than a decade ago, why not for Kentucky. Kansas City and Cinci are also big cities with no NBA team to call their own.

They considered Louisville when the Grizzlies were looking to leave Vancouver but instead picked Memphis, so that may be an option.

But my bet would be on St. Louis or KC. Pittsburgh definitely wouldn't support it and I don't think Cincinnati would be much better.

Pittsburgh is a terrible hoops town.

I doubt St. Louis could support 4 teams.

Tampa already has 4 teams if you include the AFL. I don't think they're quite big enough for 5.

I could see Cincinnatti working though since they don't have a winter sport. And the Bear-Cats have always been well supported.

I'm just wondering where all these people were when I floated my Louisville idea in the other thread.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

St. Louis or Louisville would be the logical locations.

Pittsburgh couldn't support it, even with the new arena Mario & Co. are trying to get built.

Cincinnati and Tampa also wouldn't work, for the reasons others have mentioned above.

Other than St. Louis or Louisville, the other cities the NBA would consider are in Europe - that's where David Stern wants to go with the league in the next decade, and frankly I think that's the right call.

nav-logo.png

It's not that Pittsburgh couldn't support it... It's that it wouldn't support it. The 'Burgh just ain't a hoops town. We're too wrapped up in dem Stillers n'at. :D

But then, stranger things have happened... Case in point: The Sacramento Kings.

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Cincinnati is a big basketball town. They support the Bearcats, Xavier, Miami of Ohio, even Ohio State and Kentucky. The Bearcats games are all usually sold out, and Kentuky draws well when they come to US Bank Arena to play a regular season game every year. Just dont put a WNBA team there!

I dont even think the ABA Pittsburgh team will even get support so Pittsburgh is an obvious no.

Louisville although a good location, I think could be a little too small to support an NBA team. They are big on basketball, but i think its just to small of a town.

St.Louis or KC maybe (Mostly St.Louis)

What about Nashville? It could be a good rival for Memphis.

Signature intentionally left blank

ST. LOUIS! ST. LOUIS! ST. LOUIS! ST. LOUIS! (No, RC, that's not the proposed name, heh.)

I'm not sure I think the NBA would actually come here since they like obscure markets, but gosh darn it, they should. I really think we can support a team.

One thing, is there is a cycle going on. There's is a bit of a lack of interest in basketball around here. More specifically, pro basketball. But, I think that can honestly be attributed to not having an NBA team. With Jordan gone, and the fact that I can't follow a team other than the Lakers (I don't want to follow them) regularly, I've just about given up on the NBA. Give me a team in St. Louis, and I'll be come their biggest fan.

One thing to point out, is this city, while not crazy with college basketball (perhaps because the college in St. Louis-SLU Billikens-aren't extrodinary), does go crazy over the Braggin' Rights game between Illinois and Mizzou. It's one of the fastest sellouts in the nation. Yes, that is only one game, but there's some pretty good fans of those teams. Here. This city is pretty good for the sport of basketball. If given that high quality pro team, ie. NBA and not minor league, I really think people will support it here.

My personal opinion is that the NBA needs to focus on markets in which it would be the only major league pro sport in town. San Antonio, Memphis and Sacramento are good examples. Portland has often been a good example although right now their off-court troubles seem to be alienating the community rather than galvanizing it. I've said many times that the NBA would not be a good fit in St. Louis - it's simply too expensive for the present economic climate. I think Louisville would be a good market to try.

Ez Street, does the Sprint Center have a website or is there a place i can find more information about it.? And if KC does get the team. what would they be called?

http://www.yourkcarena.com/ - That is the site for the 4 firms in KC wanting to be the desingers on this project.

http://www.downtownarena.com/ - The city made this website to inform people about "Kansas City Question 1" that will be on the ballot August 3rd.

Hope this helps.

I'm still sticking with Cincinnati on this one! They could even go back to the "Royals" name (screw Sacramento).

cincinnati.jpg

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

KC will not get an NBA team - there's not group pushing for it and we failed with the Kings. We get nothing, and like it. :cry:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

The biggest problem is that the ABA has swooped in and taken all the quaity markets, leaving only Valley City, ND and Las Cruces NM as viable franchise sites.

Whoops, we may have just lost Valley City, hang on...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived