72Freebie's ECHL(Wheeling Thunderbirds [87/87] Completed!

72freebie

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next team is the Toledo Storm. So obviously this team has one of the worst logos ever. It is a mishmash of clip art that definitely looks minor league. They played for more than 15 years and to my knowledge, they never changed this logo. I don't understand how they didn't but I guess someone thought that it looked good. They wore Exact red wings copycat jerseys for that whole time too. A terrible identity for 15 years. My concept gives them some identity and adds black and blue to the jersey. Some simple but effective striping and a lightning bolt on the pants could make this team stand out. the third jersey is obviously one that they would have wore in the 90's and it would have given their brand a little more zip during that time.

Toledo Storm

Toledo.thumb.png.70d515302e2833aef0ff781

Toledo.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

Like you said, one of the worst logos ever. But I do like the simple jerseys you made to go along with it. Definitely an upgrade over the Red Wings jerseys they used. The third jersey is interesting. I'd like to see it on the ice.  Another well done concept!

the next team is the Trenton Devils. I hate this teams logo. It is the definition of laziness. Just because you are affiliated with a big league club doesn't mean you need to use their jerseys and logo. Plenty of teams in the ECHL have proven that. This is also the way that almost all clubs are going in the AHL now. I don't understand what ever happened to having your own identity. I made the devils logo into a T so it could give them somewhat of an identity. I gave them a reebok edge type jersey because they started playing in the same year that it was introduced

Trenton Devils

Trenton.png

I completely agree with you on the logo. The Devils have been bad about this the past few years. I like how you simple you made the logo. The jerseys definitely fit the Reebok style when it first came out. It almost has a Capitals feel to them for me. And I like the classic looking third jersey.

The next team is the Trenton Titans. Unlike the devils, this team had a very coll identity. The logo isn't the greatest but it fits the minor league setting very well. Their jerseys were very unique with a bridge pattern going down the shoulder and rivets in the striping. I brought back the rivets and uses the whole bridge on the hem. This would definitely be a unique look. I used more blue then they ever used before and I like how it turned out.

Trenton Titans

Trenton 2.png

I like the home and away jerseys. I like how you kept the bridge in the design. The third jersey seems too bland for me. The basic "T" logo looks kind of like a beer league team. I'd like to see a different logo on the jersey before I made a final decision on it.

The next team is the Victoria Salmon Kings

I am a fan of this teams unique color scheme but I don't think that they used it well  on their jerseys. They used too much of the ugly pale yellow color and used the red really badly by just putting a big blob of it under the armpits. I tried to balance the colors a little more and use silver as a more dominant color. I also got rid of the green in the logo and replaced it with blue I also used the V design in the striping that the Canucks had in their inaugural uniforms. I feel it would be a good way to show BC hockey heritage pride. The third jersey uses the maple leaf logo and a curved design that I think improves on their old alternate.

Victoria Salmon Kings

Victoria.png

The next team is the Virginia Lancers. This is again, one of the worst hockey logos of all time. The ECHL was a pretty bad looking league when it first started. The team wore very simple jerseys that are very hard to even find pictures of. My concept uses striping similar to the rangers but adds a couple details to make them stand out enough. I feel that this would be the best that you could do for a team with a logo this bad. Stay tuned. Next up is the Final team and the series finale.

Virginia Lancers

Virginia.png

And so this thread comes to an end. Our final team is the Wheeling/Winston Salem Thunderbirds. I actually really like the jerseys that this team wore. They were simple but unique. The logo isn't anything special but it isn't the worst logo of the ECHL inaugural teams. I used a simple pattern that uses red on the home jersey and a lot of black on the road jersey. I am very happy with how these turned out. The third jersey is somewhat resembles the Ottawa 67's.

Wheeling/Winston Salem Thunderbirds

Wheeling.png

And now I would just like to thank everyone who has followed and comment on this thread. Thank you for all of the great comments. They really kept me motivated to keep going and finish this big project. It took a little longer than I expected it too but I got it finished. I can't say that I will be doing anything bigger than this for the next little while. If I ever decide to do the AHL than that will be crazy because there are over 100 teams in that leagues history. I will be starting another hockey thread very soon. It is one that I have been wanting to do for some time now. It wont be as big as this one but it isn't actually that far off. once again thank you everyone for the support and comments. I will have a new series going by the end of the week. See you guys then.

I've been silent through this thread, but that's because every single sweater was perfect! It's sad to see this come to an end.

Looking forward to the next series!

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

Archived