72Freebie's ECHL(Wheeling Thunderbirds [87/87] Completed!

72freebie

Next team is the Knoxville Cherokees. The team had fairly simple jerseys that utilized there 90's color scheme of teal,black and silver pretty well. My concept is an original design that I think fits the identity very well. The third jersey is something new that I tried. The front and back are different but will the striping will still line up. Maybe it doesn't work and would look terrible, Just trying something out. Tell me what you think or how I can improve it.

Knoxville Cherokees

Knoxville_zpsl0wtac03.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next team is the very recently defunct Las Vegas Wranglers. The last rebrand by The Wranglers was very disappointing and was much worse than the the look they had before. For my concept I used the roundel logo which I really like. The design is based off of the Sens 3rd jersey from a couple years back but modified. The third jersey was a tough choice for me. The team has had so many logos that I could have used but I finally chose the word mark with the puck. The design is from the puck and I really think it fits the Las Vegas style

Las Vegas Wranglers

Las%20Vegas_zpso7o3ozrx.png

The next team is the Lexington Men O War. I really like this teams name and logo. The jerseys that they wore were also very nice. It's a shame that they only lasted one year before folding. My concept keeps the O pattern and switches the arms to diagonal. The hem design is also different. The alternate uses their bad ass secondary logo with a sick red and black gradient. I am really happy with how this whole set turned out.

Lexington Men O War

Lexington_zps41xlhjss.png

The next team is the Long beach Ice Dogs. This teams logo isn't much to look at but their jerseys were definitely unique and creative. I loved the chain design on the hem so I kept that and modified it a bit. I didn't like the arms on the original jersey having the paw on the end of the arm and on the shoulder just didn't look good. I simply put the chains on the arms instead. The third should remind you of the old Nashville Predators 3rd jersey with the colors.

Long Beach Ice Dogs

Long%20Beach_zpsphb9bink.png

Next team is the Louisiana Icegators. This team still play in the SPHL but were originally an ECHL team in the late 90's to early 2000's. This concept uses a teeth pattern that I think would look pretty sharp(no pun intended). The third jersey has a crocodile skin pattern. I could see something like this going through in the 90's. Especially in this league

Louisiana_zps3ibnt77s.png

I've said it before and I'll say it again, your thirds keep being my favorite ones.

I wouldn't get discouraged about the lack of responses, it's the ECHL.

Good work on nearly all. One of the biggest advantages of the smaller league it that you have more room to take an adventurous or eclectic route. Less pressure to make it streamlined.

Keep it up, enjoying the series.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions) | Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

The next team is the Louisville Icehawks. The logo is obviously an Atlanta Hawks ripoff but the colors work well together. I darkened the red and yellow slightly. This concept is pretty simple but so is the logo. I think that they go really well together. The third is another crazy 90's jersey. A giant hawk on the front a different colored back of the jersey. This thing would fit right into the 90's.

Louisville_zps1nc76ovi.png

I'm back! I got held up with other concepts and just didn't work on this for a while but I got the next team finally done. It's the Louisville Riverfrogs. This logo is pretty awful and the uniforms they wore weren't much better. I decided to make a crazy set of uniforms to fit the theme of the logo and color scheme. Big curved lines and a big word mark at the bottom just reek 90's. The third jersey is another jersey with a huge logo and connecting striping on the front and back.

Louisville Riverfrogs

Louisville2_zpsnboyaazb.png

The next team is the Macon Whoopee. This team probably has the most unique team name ever and their jerseys were also pretty unique. They used a type of jagged wing pattern that actually looked pretty good. Too bad they only lasted one season. My set uses lots of curved stripes and somewhat draws inspiration from the San Jose Sharks jerseys from the same era. The third jersey is very simple and uses the old CHL logo with the newer colors.

Macon Whoopee

Macon_zpsa6ho8uvj.png

I know that I haven't been posting on this thread as often. I have just been getting sidetracked with other concepts. Don't worry though, this thread will get finished eventually and I hope to do more ECHL concepts soon. Anyways the next team is the Miami Matadors. Yet another team that lasted only one season before folding. The logo is pretty terrible and I ended up replacing the teal with black in it. The set is based around a horn pattern All three are pretty unique designs and I think that they would have worked better than what the team actually used.

Miami Matadors

Miami_zpsy1gicczi.png

Archived