72Freebie's ECHL(Wheeling Thunderbirds [87/87] Completed!

72freebie

And we are finally at the last current team, the Wichita Thunder. I chose a design similar to an older design of thiers with huge lightning bolts runnung across the arms, I also addes this to the hem. The third jersey is a throwback jersey. I picked this one because I believe this was the jersey they wore when the won thier first CHL title.

Wichita Thunder

Wichita_zpsfppxpg0a.png

now for a suprise! I realized that there are still 2 teams in the ECHL called the Thunder. I really hate this so I decided to get rid of one of them. I decided to change Adirondack because Wichita has had the name since the CHL days. For the new Name, I had to resort to a past team in Adirondack. The ones I found were the Frostbite and the Phantoms. The Phantoms were an AHL team and would use the same logos as the Lehigh Valley Phantoms now. The Frostbite were a UHL tema but I felt that the logo and Identity was too close to the Alaska Aces with the polar bear logo. I then came across a picture that showed the 6 finalists logos for the new UHL team name in Adirondack from 2004, in which the name Frostbite ended up winning. I ended up choosing the Axemen as the new name. It is very unique to the ECHL and has the same coulour scheme of yellow red and black. I feel it fits right in. With this identity, I felt I had to have plaid somewhere. I had fun with it on the third jersey and I hope you guys like it.

Adirondack Axemen

Adirondack%202_zpsnb8w60o0.png

And that does it for the current teams. I will be doing many(possibly all) of the 60 defunct teams in the ECHL history. Its going to be a big project but I feel that I am up to it. I will be making the jersey designs similar to what you would have seen in the time period that they played in. So for the 90s teams expect some CRAZY designs. I will also be going back and updating earlier teams with execution errors such as big NOB. thanks again everyone

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody? I guess not. alright then lets get this marathon under way. In total, by the end, there will be 87 teams on this thread. Our first defunct team is the Arkansas Riverblades who played from 1999-2003.

Arkansasa Riverblades

Arkansas_zpspqbl5b2d.png

VERY nice design...I too wonder why there are absolutely no hockey teams in Little Rock nor Atlantic City right now.

These are swell sets...keep 'em up!

bYhYmxh.png

The next team is the newest team to bcome defunct. the Bakersfield Condors. They may be in the AHL now but I still count them as defunct in the ECHL. They had very unique jerseys in the ECHL. They used a chrome wing pattern under the arms and it looked pretty cool. my design stays on that root but doesn't go as crazy.

Bakersfield Condors

Bakersfield_zpslz8avj5x.png

Okay. maybe one comment would be nice. The next team is the Birmingham Bulls. This team played from 1993-2001. The striping obviously comes from the bull head. With the third, I tried a 2 coulor thing. I think it worked great and th all black logo looks pretty cool.

Birmingham Bulls

Birmingham_zps10mlu19l.png

Next is the Carolina Thunderbirds. This team was one of the inagural teams of the ECHL in 1988. Unfortunately this would be thier only season. I kept a pretty simple look for an older team and added yellow to make it pop more.

Carolina Thunderbirds.

Carolina_zpsvfl1bwyi.png

Next team is the Charlotte Checkers. I went with the last look that this team use as an ECHL team. I really like this colour scheme because all of the colours blend so well. I chose a very unique design that I think highlights all of the colours very nice.m For the third, I tried to base it off of the 2001-2002 NHL all star game jerseys. It almost feels like a soccer jersey with a small crest in the top corner. Not to mention that the logo could probably pass as a soccer crest.

Charlotte Checkers

Charlotte_zpsenu6susu.png

The next team is the Chesapeake Icebreakers. This team only lasted two years in the late 90's and wore tampa bay clones. This set is definitely out there but I think it fits the 90's and the identity well. Also it the return of gradients to this series, and this will definitely not be that last time either

Chesapeake Icebreakers

Chesapeake_zpsnafit4kj.png

Our next team is the Chicago Express. This was a franchise that failed so bad that they lasted one year. It's a shame too. The logos and jerseys were both very nice. I kept it simple and clean for the home and aways but on the lt, used a train track pattern to really suit the identity.

Chicago Express

Chicago_zpszbrox5ra.png

Archived