Virenque wins 10th stage

uncle_wiggily

Knowing the majority of board members I'm sure a lot of the responses to this will be "French people suck".

Personally I'm just looking for an end to Lance Armstrong's streak... I don't know why, I guess I like change every now and then.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

wait till the mountains and the individual time trials and Armstrong will come to the top again! Either that or Jan Ullrich will!!

French riders fairly often win on Bastille Day, but his could well be the first time in a whikle they have had a stage winner and yellow jersey on bastille day.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

wait till the mountains and the individual time trials and Armstrong will come to the top again! Either that or Jan Ullrich will!!

Ummm this is the mountains.

No no I mean the real mountains! Seriously as tough as stage 10 was the worst is to come.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Armstrong was in a group that finished 5:58 behind Moncoutie's mark of 3 hours, 54 minutes, 58 seconds. That group also included Armstrong rivals Jan Ullrich, Iban Mayo, Tyler Hamilton and Ivan Basso.

Armstrong and other top favorites saving themselves for the punishing and probably decisive stages in the Pyrenees and Alps did not chase Moncoutie, letting him surge ahead.

Voeckler is expected to lose the lead to the Tour's top riders in the mountain stages, with the first Pyrenean stage Friday.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Knowing the majority of board members I'm sure a lot of the responses to this will be "French people suck".

Personally I'm just looking for an end to Lance Armstrong's streak... I don't know why, I guess I like change every now and then.

Agreed on both counts. The jokes just make me sick....

Anyway, on topic, these guys are the best athletes on Earth, in my mind. The strength and endurance needed is simply incredible.

The tour is a fantastic spectacle. !60 guys racing around a whole country, up and down some of the highest mountains in Europe, for virtually a whole month. The guys are indeed superhuman. And you try doing that, on drugs or not!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

LA is the man :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: ....on this there is no doubt.

Tyler Hamilton earned my respect last year though,finishin the tour with a double fractured collarbone.....geeeesh :notworthy:

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

It has only been won 14 times by a French rider on Bastille Day .... Lance is still 9:30 minutes behind, not 6:00 .... It was funny I was watching TSN yesterday morning and even Greg LeMond even doubts he is drug free:

"Lance is ready to do anything to keep his secret. I don't know how he can continue to convince everybody of his innocence."

And that's the end of that chapter.

Greg LeMond sounds like a jealous cry baby.

This should be the rule with steroids.

Unless 1) They test positive for steroids or any other perfoance enhancer, 2) Are proven to be linked to a company that makes such drugs as in BALCO, or 3) Caught in possesion with the drugs.

They DESERVE the benefit of the doubt.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Greg LeMond sounds like a jealous cry baby.

This should be the rule with steroids.

Unless 1) They test positive for steroids or any other perfoance enhancer, 2) Are proven to be linked to a company that makes such drugs as in BALCO, or 3) Caught in possesion with the drugs.

They DESERVE the benefit of the doubt.

That's bullcrap and you know it. If you're linked to something you're automatically guilty of doing something like steroids? You're just looking for a way to let Lance Armstrong off the hook without it being a double standard by grilling Bonds for his accomplishments.

IUe6Hvh.png

To be honest, as I said earlier, pro cycling and especially the TdeF is one of those sports were I could give a :censored: if someone is on drugs. Put any kind of hill in front of mewhen I am on a bike and my instant raction is to get off and push, these guys cycle and like 20 or 30 KMH up some long steep hills. There have been so many drug storiesthat my thoughts are either well propbably everyone is on something, or its over played and really only a few are. But its not just the mountains that are important, the Time Trial should help Armstrong in the general classification as well, as the not so great riders at the top won't have anyone to help them.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

French T.V. crew tried to break into Lance Armstrongs hotel room before thursday's stage, to try and find evidence that he's doping, although through every test ever done, the man has come out clean.

THOSE particular french people (99.9% of the population) suck...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

That goes back to what Im said, they could probably either do that to anyone on the tour, and find something or do it to anyone on ythe tour and find nothing. Armstrong would be the biggest story so they pick on him. I would reckon either LeMond, who himself was a fantastic rider and reallyt has nothing to be jealous about, knows how prevalent the drug taking is in the sport or he is being a bit of a party spoiler.

Drug taking has been going on in cycling for years. The British rider Tommy Simpson was set for victory on the Tour, I think in 1967, when he collapsed and died in the mountains, partly due to the drugs he was on! These guys really are incredible athletes with or without drugs and it should be left at that IMO.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

French T.V. crew tried to break into Lance Armstrongs hotel room before thursday's stage, to try and find evidence that he's doping, although through every test ever done, the man has come out clean.

THOSE particular french people (99.9% of the population) suck...

So, the great majority of French people suck, because someone breaks into someone's apartment?

So, because of the Watergate break in, 99% of Americans suck? :rolleyes:

Archived