NFL relocation, expansion, new stadiums

hubsportsfan17

I have heard the Jets are getting a new stadium, in actuall New York City. The plans look real nice, it looks alot like a soccer stadium to me more than a football stadium.

Look at their website. It's also the proposed Olympic Stadium. I heard local residents are not happy about this.

I saw, I came, I left.

This website is pretty good for updates and pics of proposed new stadiums.

But is it me, or do this new generation of NFL stadiums lack soul?

I can understand why the Eagles, Steelers and all these other teams needed new stadiums. But why the hell did Houston need a new stadium to get the Texans when they could've just moved into Rice Stadium? So some yuppies wouldn't have their luxury suites to eat sushi and drink champaign while they ignore the game... boo fluffin' hoo. It's more than adequate size for a NFL team and it's one of the best places to watch a football game in Texas.

Same with the Cowboys. The Cotton Bowl isn't being used by anyone. And it's a bowl, so it should be easy enough to expand to a decent number of seats. But because its built for people who want to, get this, watch a football game, it's considered inadequate for lacking "ammenities."

That's why I admire the people in New York. They can make their teams play in old ass stadiums for as long as they want because NY sports teams are way too profitable for anyone to actually want to move from there.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

I have heard the Jets are getting a new stadium, in actuall New York City. The plans look real nice, it looks alot like a soccer stadium to me more than a football stadium.

Look at their website. It's also the proposed Olympic Stadium. I heard local residents are not happy about this.

There are not happy about this, but it would be really great if it could be built. I'm not so interested in having the Olympics here, but more of having the Jets closer to home and back in New York...

Th Jets will not be getting a new stadium. They are going to be fighting the most powerful group in the city. This was the same group tat was able to stop the West side highway from being built because of some fish. After New York fails to get the olympics there fight will only get stronger. So unless the Jets build a new Stadium in Queens (near Shea) they will be playing in Giants Stadium for quite awhile.

Thursday Architects

For a different perspective on stadia, check this site out. The firm is run by a teaching architect at Notre Dame who is also a huge baseball fan. Some of the smaller project pages look like classroom projects, but there are some larger in scope like the efforts to save Fenway Park (I don't know if it was a TA project, but it's on the site), Armour Field (a counterproposal done in conjunction with SABR as an alternative for the White Sox's new ballpark), and Milwaukee's Water Street ballpark concept (which really should have been built instead of Miller Park -- it would have been cheaper and more integrated into Milwaukee's urban fabric). Each one of the projects is very New Urbanist in nature, and when you consider what's been built over the past 10-12 years, some of the concepts were totally ahead of their time...

QPR%20Sig.png

The White Sox stadium one is interesting. New Comisky was built 1 year to early, before all the modren classical stadiums with great sight lines. Had that plan been built we probably be talking about on that stadium sparked all of these new classical baseball only stadiums instead of Camden Yards.

The whit Sox one reminds me of the Polo Grounds (from the pictures I've Seen) and the Brewers one looks like Ebbets Field (again from pictures I've seen).

Great Site MilTownMVP!!!

I see that AZ Cards have a green mat out front to welcome the fans -

I like the idea of an open stadium in Minnesota - Let the vistitors freeze and get

their own space heaters.

The Jets stadium is really nice! I also like New Orleans' design, nothing fancy,

simple and looks like an NFL stadium.

Thanks for sharing!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived